• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monday Night Fight Night

< cue Michael Buffer >

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6eQ78HCGEA

Good evening political fight fans!

Ever wish you could do more than just watch the verbal sparring and the physical gesturing? Well, here's your chance. Welcome to ...

Monday Night Fight Night!

Tonight's format is six fifteen-minute rounds. Scoring is ten point must.

Due to the even number of rounds you will be allowed to cast one round as your "superdelegate" round meaning it will be counted twice in the final scoring (net effective seven rounds). This will prevent a draw.

I know the ten point must scoring link defines scoring as:
    • Clean punching
    • Effective aggressiveness
    • Ring generalship
    • Defense

However, this is politics. "Punching" need not be clean to be effective thus it counts toward scoring.

Otherwise, post your final scorecard with notes here. (You can do it live, with edits, or once after the combatants are sent back to their dressing rooms.)
    The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Re: Monday Night Fight Night

An example scorecard ... "Turd Sandwich v. Giant ******"

Round 1 (Lunchroom): TS 10, GD 8 -- TS got in a strong shot about GD having been overheard saying they like the hot tuna casserole. <-- SUPERDELEGATE round

Round 2 (Playground): GD 10, TS 9 -- Close round, GD wins by the extra mention of TS being a dodgeball sissy.

etc, etc, etc, ...
    The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

We're not going to learn anything new about TS. TS has been laying there on the ground under the TV lights for 25 years. It's a TS -- what more is there to know?

The story of the debate will be GD. There are plenty of people who don't even understand what GD does, let alone how it qualifies him to be president. GD also loses most of its appeal with age. Nobody needs an old D, whatever it's size.

TS's campaign team and Fox have already written their stories of how their candidate "won" the debate, whatever that means. GD's supports will never hear any other message and so will assume GD "trumped that b-tch." TS's supporters are better informed and not as isolated from neutral sources, but by confirmation bias if nothing else will call it a rout for TS.

Nobody's mind will be changed but maybe a flub will produce an amusing meme.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
        Nobody's mind will be changed but maybe a flub will produce an amusing meme.
        That's why I want to see how people score it.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

I'd be curious (or frightened, or both) to meet someone who watches tonight and could legitimately be swayed by what they see/hear to either pick a person if undecided or to change their mind if they were previously leaning the other way.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
            I'd be curious (or frightened, or both) to meet someone who watches tonight and could legitimately be swayed by what they see/hear to either pick a person if undecided or to change their mind if they were previously leaning the other way.
            Al Leppo?
            CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids
            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
              Al Leppo?
              Poor bastage.
              Cornell University
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Al Leppo?
                Does he know Al Kaida? His "life partner" ISIS? I hear they have a little pet daeshound.
                Last edited by The Sicatoka; 09-26-2016, 02:46 PM.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

The dictionary definition of "I'll just say what you want" pandering vs. well... I can't say the lowest common denominator as that would be insulting to the lowest common denominator. His denominators are considerably low and not very common.
                  If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                    The dictionary definition of "I'll just say what you want" pandering vs. well... I can't say the lowest common denominator as that would be insulting to the lowest common denominator. His denominators are considerably low and not very common.
                    They're more common than they should be in a 21st century western country with universal education.
                    Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                      They're more common than they should be in a 21st century western country with universal education.
                      I suppose one party's opposition to said education may well speak volumes.

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                        I suppose one party's opposition to said education may well speak volumes.
                        Good question for the candidates. "What role should the federal government have in education (at the K-12 level)?
                        CCT '77 & '78
                        4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

Good question for the candidates. "What role should the federal government have in education (at the K-12 level)?
                          Trumps best answer would be to leave it to the states, and avoid using it as a chance to say how "terrible" and "third world" our schools are, which means he'd never say that.

Comment

I will say it again: It's not the school you put the kid into; it's what the kid puts into school.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

@bennyjohnson: Hillary Clinton's name is spelled wrong on tonight's debate tickets.
                              Via @JSwiftTWS https://twitter.com/bennyjohnson/sta...044480/photo/1

They've sent in the double!!! Quick! Check her DNA!
                              CCT '77 & '78
                              4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Working...
                              X