X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Campaign 2016 Part XIX: Escape from the Planet of Debates

Originally posted by unofan View Post
    The flat rate would not be 15% or whatever number the fair tax people use. It'd be closer to 25%. Most people in this country never hit the 25% tax bracket.
    LOL.

My first 100K is free. Which means my effective rate is 0%.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
      Exactly. Flat Tax Society = Flat Earth Society. Give up it guys. The theory has been disproven.

Big problem with flat tax is what uno alluded to. In order to maintain existing revenues flat tax level would have to be higher than what all but the rich already pay. Essentially they once again get the biggest tax cut, while middle class to upper middle class take it in the shorts. No thanks, for the umpteenth time. Its the kind of idea that appeals to 1) the rich who are stealthily getting a big tax cut, or 2) simpletons.
      Wrong. The current tax system is killing the middle class and benefiting the rich more than Sica and my tax plan.
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
        No Sica is not voting for Drumpf...now if you said he is mad his party is the joke of politics and seems to plan to be for the next few elections THEN you would be correct
        According to the September poll, none of us are voting for Trump.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
          According to the September poll, none of us are voting for Trump.
          USCHO is telling Trump to kneel before ZOD!

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
            LOL.

My first 100K is free. Which means my effective rate is 0%.
            I've never seen a single flat tax plan which exempts 100k. Most exempt up to the poverty line.

If you exempt 100k, you'd never be able to pay for anything.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
              Wrong. The current tax system is killing the middle class and benefiting the rich more than Sica and my tax plan.
              Incorrect. The point you fall down on is maintaining existing revenues. Anybody can put out a snazzy looking tax plan if you don't care about funding the govt. People like Steve Forbes and Herm Cain often flog mathematically impossible plans if you take reality out of the equation. Your "plan" has to be a tax hike if it tries to keep current revenue. In a tiered system people aren't paying 25% or whatever on all their income. Only when they go above a certain level. The notion of all taxes are exempt up to 200K sounds good, but again, show me that this plan doesn't produce a revenue shortfall and I'll check it out.
              Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

• Originally posted by unofan View Post
                So you're fine with Trump, the genius businessman, losing almost a billion dollars in one year?

And it's farking hilarious how a millionaire/billionaire not paying taxes is smart, but a poor black woman with kids not paying taxes is a welfare queen moocher.
                But he's earned most of it back? He didn't quit, either. One loss doth not a season make.
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids
                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Most people in this country never hit the 25% tax bracket.
                  Most? No. But I do.
                  I fall into one of the " ... plus 25% of the amount over ... " brackets.

https://www.irs.com/articles/project...tax-rates-2016
                  The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                    Incorrect. The point you fall down on is maintaining existing revenues. Anybody can put out a snazzy looking tax plan if you don't care about funding the govt. People like Steve Forbes and Herm Cain often flog mathematically impossible plans if you take reality out of the equation. Your "plan" has to be a tax hike if it tries to keep current revenue. In a tiered system people aren't paying 25% or whatever on all their income. Only when they go above a certain level. The notion of all taxes are exempt up to 200K sounds good, but again, show me that this plan doesn't produce a revenue shortfall and I'll check it out.
                    As far as I can tell my plan increases taxes on the rick. Given Obama's, Romney's, and Trump's effective rates I'm pretty confident on that. You're just wrong. And you're enabling the rich to get away with it.

The rich NEVER pay their tier. NEVER. Romney only paid, what, 14%. That's taking your tiers and turning them upside down.

Comment

I've never seen a single flat tax plan which exempts 100k. Most exempt up to the poverty line.

If you exempt 100k, you'd never be able to pay for anything.
                      That's funny cause under the current tax plan Romney only pays 14%. I'm guessing there's a ton of people I'm gaining revenue from.

Comment

As far as I can tell my plan increases taxes on the rick. Given Obama's, Romney's, and Trump's effective rates I'm pretty confident on that. You're just wrong. And you're enabling the rich to get away with it.

The rich NEVER pay their tier. NEVER. Romney only paid, what, 14%. That's taking your tiers and turning them upside down.
                        There's the money shot right there. For the record, the Clinton's have been paying their fair share, most likely due to the source of their income (speaking fees and his pension). Romney gets money from capital gains. You can fix that (tax them at existing rates) without applying an idiotic flat tax which you've shown no evidence can actually work.

Also, show me where Obama has been paying less than he should? Again, as the source of his income is his salary and maybe some book royalties, he's most likely using the same deductions (children, mortgage interest) as the rest of us.

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

Comment

Sigh

ALL INCOME THE SAME PLEASE. NO DEDUCTIONS. Exemption up to whatever the number is.

You do that it's a progressive tax and you've eliminated the loopholes. It's transparent.

The Clinton's and Buffet are the exceptions. Not the rule. Hedge Fund managers clean America's clock every day. Trust Fund babies do the same. The lost revenue will come from the cheaters who right now have snowed you and everyone else.

EDIT: Obama's tax rate is 20%. That's too low and under my plan he gets an increase.
                          Last edited by ScoobyDoo; 10-03-2016, 10:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                            The problem that many will pose to you Scoob is the 1% doesn't have W-2 income but has 1099 income. What about that? I'd say treat W-2 and 1099 income the exact same. <-- I just lost any and every election right there.
                            That would be great, in the land of make believe where it rains bourbon and everything is tastes like bacon. Problem is in the real world that has as much a chance of happening as I do of being the starting QB for the Vikes tonight...
                            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Sigh

ALL INCOME THE SAME PLEASE. NO DEDUCTIONS. Exemption up to whatever the number is.

You do that it's a progressive tax and you've eliminated the loopholes. It's transparent.

The Clinton's and Buffet are the exceptions. Not the rule. Hedge Fund managers clean America's clock every day. Trust Fund babies do the same. The lost revenue will come from the cheaters who right now have snowed you and everyone else.

EDIT: Obama's tax rate is 20%. That's too low and under my plan he gets an increase.
                              Great! Now show me what the exemptions/tax rate is to make this at least revenue neutral, and I can tell you if its less progressive than current tax code. If you can't do that then give it a rest.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                                That would be great, in the land of make believe where it rains bourbon and everything is tastes like bacon. Problem is in the real world that has as much a chance of happening as I do of being the starting QB for the Vikes tonight...
                                Well, then tell Rover to stop pretending that the missing income in my plan is coming from not taxing the rich enough. Cause that just ain't true.

Comment

Working...
                                X