This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
    I'm not defending. I'm pointing out that some of the anti-Trump rhetoric and tactic is despicable just as some of the anti-Clinton rhetoric and tactic is is deplorable.
    Yes, commenting on Trump's taxes is just the same as the made up crap Hillary's been dealing with for 30 years.

BSABSVR at its finest.

Comment

• Re: Campaign 2016 Part XIX: Escape from the Planet of Debates

Originally posted by unofan View Post
      Yeah, sure it is. That's why you ostensibly support a guy (Johnson) that would lower taxes on the rich. Because it's so unfair how they get away with not paying enough...
      A flat rate without the mechanisms Trump used to avoid taxes would be better.
      The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
        No, it wouldn't. A flat rate is a regressive tax rate that overburdens the lowest income brackets.
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

No it wouldn't, because you'd be harming millions of poor people who already don't have enough money to make ends meet. That's not better.

You can eliminate loopholes without giving up the progressive tax structure. Having different tax brackets isn't what makes taxes hard.

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
            No, it wouldn't. A flat rate is a regressive tax rate that overburdens the lowest income brackets.
            Flat Rate works if you exempt up to a certain amount for everybody. In fact I'd say if they leave payroll taxes the way they are they can exempt income taxes up to the point where we stop paying payroll taxes.

This would also mean that everyone is paying Federal Taxes on their income. Problem solved.
            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Exempt the first < number here > of actual earned (W-2) income plus an adder exemption for kids. Flat after that. Done.

(EDIT: Looks like Scoob beat me to it.)
              Last edited by The Sicatoka; 10-03-2016, 10:17 AM.
              The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Imagine this:

Imagine if we never learned the name "Donna Rice" and the GWH Bush were never President. Would we have had Clinton, or GW Bush?

http://www.vanityfair.com/news/2016/...-hart-politics

The story also talks about what Kep's talked about: the shifting demographics that always happens to parties over time.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Exempt the first < number here > of actual earned (W-2) income plus an adder exemption for kids. Flat after that. Done.
                  Giving a huge tax break to millionaires, who would see their rate drop, at the expense of the middle class, whose rates would rise. Good call.

Comment

Giving a huge tax break to millionaires, who would see their rate drop, at the expense of the middle class, whose rates would rise. Good call.
                    I'm middle class and I would see a huge tax break under my plan. Not sure what you're not seeing.
                    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                      Flat Rate works if you exempt up to a certain amount for everybody. In fact I'd say if they leave payroll taxes the way they are they can exempt income taxes up to the point where we stop paying payroll taxes.

This would also mean that everyone is paying Federal Taxes on their income. Problem solved.
                      The problem that many will pose to you Scoob is the 1% doesn't have W-2 income but has 1099 income. What about that? I'd say treat W-2 and 1099 income the exact same. <-- I just lost any and every election right there.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                        The problem that many will pose to you Scoob is the 1% doesn't have W-2 income but has 1099 income. What about that? I'd say treat W-2 and 1099 income the exact same. <-- I just lost any and every election right there.
                        Income = Income under my plan. So, yes, I agree with you. I do not understand why capital is gold and labor is **** in this country. That needs to change.

Comment

Originally posted by the sicatoka View Post
                          exempt the first $200k of actual earned (w-2) income (no exemption for kids, home, etc). Flat 50% after that. Done.
                          ok.
                          Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                            He's just mad his candidate is going down hard.
                            No Sica is not voting for Drumpf...now if you said he is mad his party is the joke of politics and seems to plan to be for the next few elections THEN you would be correct
                            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                              I'm middle class and I would see a huge tax break under my plan. Not sure what you're not seeing.
                              The flat rate would not be 15% or whatever number the fair tax people use. It'd be closer to 25%, or even way higher depending on how much income you exempt and whether you eliminate other taxes like the payroll tax or FICA. Most people in this country never hit the 25% tax bracket.

Comment

Exactly. Flat Tax Society = Flat Earth Society. Give up it guys. The theory has been disproven.

Big problem with flat tax is what uno alluded to. In order to maintain existing revenues flat tax level would have to be higher than what all but the rich already pay. Essentially they once again get the biggest tax cut, while middle class to upper middle class take it in the shorts. No thanks, for the umpteenth time. Its the kind of idea that appeals to 1) the rich who are stealthily getting a big tax cut, or 2) simpletons.
                                Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Working...
                                X