X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Campaign 2016 Part XIX: Escape from the Planet of Debates

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    So doesnt that hold for all the non-rich people who dont pay taxes that The Right rails on all day long? Hmm what is the difference between the two I wonder...
    If folks are following the law, they're following the law. My problem is with the folks who wrote the law to pander to one special interest group (1%) or the other (47%). And isn't it sad that I can write two numbers and you know exactly what I mean.
    The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

It is cute watching people trying to re-arrange the chairs on the Titanic
      He's just mad his candidate is going down hard.
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
        I haven't watch much local TV, but all I have seen are Tammy Duckworth ads. The most recent one was of her "correcting what Kirk has said about her." I haven't heard a peep (no TV ads, no radio ads, no news stories in the radio about him) since his little "unhinged" outburst six weeks ago.

I felt this race would be tighter, but apparently not.
        With all these races, it helps to take a look at the expectations for cross over voting, aka ticket-splitters. This is an increasingly rare phenomenon. I harken back to the famous Scooter Brown-Lizzy Warren Senate race of 2012. Polls showed a tie and all that nonsense, but it was absurd. Romney was going to get blown out by 20 points in MA. That means 1 out of every 6 Obama voters was going to have to turn around and vote for Brown to stay in the Senate. Ridiculous. As it turned out he did somewhat better than Romney did but he still got blown out.

Now, some established pols can overcome this. Grassley's been around forever and will outrun Trump. Susan Collins does this in Maine and Joe Manchin did in West Virginia. However, in Presidential election years 1st term incumbents or anonymous incumbents with little built up good will are in deep doo-doo if the top of the ticket loses the state. 1st termers are Kirk, Johnson, Toomey, Ayotte, and Rubio. Anonymous incumbents are Burr and Blunt. With the exception of Blunt in MO in a safe red state the rest of them aren't going to win a ton of cross over votes if Trump loses their state. That includes Rubio who's counting on Hispanic Dems to back him even if they vote against Trump. I'll believe that happens when I see it. Its not like he's Mr. Constituent Service over there.

McCain would be in trouble if Clinton wins AZ, but I've seen no signs of that thus far. He can't count on Dem support as much as in the past since he's gone insane the past decade and refuses to disavow a man who made fun of his POW status. But, enough angry old white retirees ought to put the both of them over the top.

Portman is the best template for a guy who used $$$ to define his opponent, completely blew off Trump, and now has moved to the left on issues such as the opioid crisis. He's been the only guy this far to pull that off with any success.
        Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

It is cute watching people trying to re-arrange the chairs on the Titanic
          Yeah I didn't realize the NYT was running for President! Good luck Sic. I thought you were an independent?

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
            If folks are following the law, they're following the law. My problem is with the folks who wrote the law to pander to one special interest group (1%) or the other (47%). And isn't it sad that I can write two numbers and you know exactly what I mean.
            Here's what's so ironic about this.

Trump rails against the "system". Yet has profited by it tremendously. And calls himself brilliant for doing that.

Trump says he is a great business man- yet lost almost $1B in a year. How much brilliance does it take to LOSE $1B in a year.

How can this be a good idea for workers who actually have to earn a living?

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
              I am the fiduciary for someone with well over $1,000,000 in assets and an annual income of more than $50,000. This person has not paid income taxes in five years. All legally.

If Trump hasn't paid taxes, legally, get the laws changed. If you don't like it ...
              So you're fine with Trump, the genius businessman, losing almost a billion dollars in one year?

And it's farking hilarious how a millionaire/billionaire not paying taxes is smart, but a poor black woman with kids not paying taxes is a welfare queen moocher.

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                Scooby, the entire mainsteam media is sh it. It ain't any more complicated than that.
                Oh, goody. Now the left is anti-media as much as the right. Sorry, I'm not going to be one of those. There is good media and bad media and I'm smart enough to know the difference.

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                And it's farking hilarious how a millionaire/billionaire not paying taxes is smart, but a poor black woman with kids not paying taxes is a welfare queen moocher.
                That is amazing. And it works. People buy that. All the time. Reinforces what I know for sure, this electorate is ****ing stupid.
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                  He's just mad his candidate is going down hard.
                  He ain't my candidate. Mine was Johnson until Johnson stepped on his johnson, twice.
                  The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

He ain't my candidate. Mine was Johnson until Johnson stepped on his johnson, twice.
                    It was 3 times.

What is Allepo?
                    What foreign leader?
                    Stuck out his tongue at Kasie Hunt.
                    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                      No, it's depressing that the system is set up such that so many (1% or 47%) can avoid paying part of the load of running a country.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                        It was 3 times.

What is Allepo?
                        What foreign leader?
                        Stuck out his tongue at Kasie Hunt.
                        I'll call it two and an inept attempt at a come-on at a reporter.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

I'll call it two and an inept attempt at a come-on at a reporter.
                          Well, he certainly picked a good one to hit on if that's what he was going for.

Comment

For a guy not voting for Trump, you spend an awful lot of time defending the guy....

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                              For a guy not voting for Trump, you spend an awful lot of time defending the guy....
                              I'm not defending. I'm pointing out that some of the anti-Trump rhetoric and tactic is despicable just as some of the anti-Clinton rhetoric and tactic is is deplorable.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                                No, it's depressing that the system is set up such that so many (1% or 47%) can avoid paying part of the load of running a country.
                                Yeah, sure it is. That's why you ostensibly support a guy (Johnson) that would lower taxes on the rich. Because it's so unfair how they get away with not paying enough...

Comment

Working...
                                X