X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Campaign 2016 Part XIX: Escape from the Planet of Debates

Sums it up.

Morality is flexible for Trump voters, as long as their guy is white and his rhetoric gets their testosterone flowing.

Comment

This really lends to the tinfoil hat theory that if he somehow wins, he'll quit. He would have proved his point that he is successful at anything he does. This is just providing more excuses for him to quit and "absolve" his shortcomings (in his mind).
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
        He (ok, his lawyers) found every loophole. My retort is: so does every other rich person in this country, including the Clintons. It's not really news. Don't hate the player in this case, hate the game.

"I gladly paid every cent of tax I can pay" said no one ever.
        The dude lost a billion dollars...it isnt about the taxes (though not paying taxes then ripping others for not paying taxes makes you a hypocrite) it is about the fact that he is a terrible businessman. Which is fine, but seeing as the one qualification he and his surrogates say he has is "Being a TREMENDOUS Businessman" it is kind of important to have proof that they are lying cause he sucks at it.

This of it like the Minnesota Twins...every year we hear about some prospect in A or AA ball that has all the tools, and the scouts love him and everyone is raving and when he gets his shot he is going to really make an impact in a couple years. Then he finally gets called up and what do we see, he cant hit a pitch that moves or he has a fastball that clocks in at 88 and he hangs every pitch. That is Drumpf...sure we all heard for years he is this smart savvy businessman but all evidence shows he is a con man, a liar and really just a bankrupt fraud. If that makes you qualified to be president I know much smarter people than him who I would vote for
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

"#LastTimeTrumpPaidTaxes There were only 3 Star Wars movies."
          "#LastTimeTrumpPaidTaxes, Mario was still in 8-bit."
          "#LastTimeTrumpPaidTaxes in 1995 Mississippi the last state to ratify the 13th amendment to outlaw slavery"
          "#LastTimeTrumpPaidTaxes people still thought Windows 95 might be o.k."
          "LastTimeTrumpPaidTaxes Microsoft included Weezer's 'Buddy Holly' music video as a free extra on the Windows welcome disc."
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
            "#LastTimeTrumpPaidTaxes @realDonaldTrump still wasn't renting to African Americans."
            Wow. Goodnight, Irene.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

The dude lost a billion dollars...it isnt about the taxes (though not paying taxes then ripping others for not paying taxes makes you a hypocrite) it is about the fact that he is a terrible businessman. Which is fine, but seeing as the one qualification he and his surrogates say he has is "Being a TREMENDOUS Businessman" it is kind of important to have proof that they are lying cause he sucks at it.
              I don't think very many people will fault Trump for taking advantage of every loophole available and paying as few taxes as possible. But we know he is a con man who habitually overstates his own accomplishments (lies about them), and I think most people seriously doubt he has been as successful as he claims. And his tax returns will show that. I also don't think there is a person on the planet who seriously thinks this guy gives a shat about improving the lives of others. If his only qualification is his business acumen, then this story is relevant. And it should hurt him.

Comment

I was reading a lot of defense tweets saying he did nothing illegal. Fine. If that's the case, then why hide it? He could've released it, been his bombastic self, and had to deal with the same "Trump's a bad businessman" stuff that he's already dealing with. Now, it's all amplified this close to the election.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                  A little nuttier perhaps than the average Trump voter, but outside of that this is his typical supporter. What will forever be the hardest thing for me to understand is how they all seem to understand that there are forces lined up to keep a large portion of the population in an underclass, but they fail miserably to understand that they continually cast votes for the very forces oppressing them.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                    I don't think very many people will fault Trump for taking advantage of every loophole available and paying as few taxes as possible. But we know he is a con man who habitually overstates his own accomplishments (lies about them), and I think most people seriously doubt he has been as successful as he claims. And his tax returns will show that. I also don't think there is a person on the planet who seriously thinks this guy gives a shat about improving the lives of others. If his only qualification is his business acumen, then this story is relevant. And it should hurt him.
                    I disagree with you about one thing...I think a lot of the Drumpf voters do think he will help their lives. They also think Obama is a Kenyan Muslim who is responsible for all terrorism and also believe Hillary is now actually a body double.

(the sad thing isnt that those people exist, its that SO MANY of them exist)
                    -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

I disagree with you about one thing...I think a lot of the Drumpf voters do think he will help their lives. They also think Obama is a Kenyan Muslim who is responsible for all terrorism and also believe Hillary is now actually a body double.

(the sad thing isnt that those people exist, its that SO MANY of them exist)
                      The only thing in this post I think is off is that it isn't "a lot of Drumpf voters," I think it is almost all of them. The only thing Clinton missed in her basket of deplorables statement is that she limited it to half of his supporters. I'd put the actual number somewhere far north of that. More like 90%.

Comment

I disagree...that works for the vocal Drumpf supporters but going by the vocal ones he would be nowhere near 42% in the polls. There is a lot of silent Drumpf supporters out there, many of whom are silent because they are embarrassed by the vocal Drumpfers. These are the McCain supporters and the like.

Oh hey apparently according to Drumpf Hillary probably cheated on Bill too...I wonder if she is a victim like he was Donald

Hey Rudy Giuliani says Drumpf was a GENIUS for not paying taxes are the "takers" he often rips geniuses as well or are they scum who rip off the system?

"#LastTimeTrumpPaidTaxes we were still looking for Carmen Sandiego."
                        Last edited by Handyman; 10-02-2016, 10:16 AM.
                        -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

If you want to have some fun, go through the hashtag timeline and look at the "people" who are defending Drumpf. There is a 1% chance most of these are actual people and not bots. They all say the same thing word for word with the same picture or link and many of them have profile pictures of mid twenties women of a rather attractive quality. Someone bought a bot program

"#LastTimeTrumpPaidTaxes he hadn't even violated the Cuban embargo once. Now he's done it 3X!"
                          "Question is not when was #LastTimeTrumpPaidTaxes but rather, how did he lose $916million in bull market?"
                          "The #LastTimeTrumpPaidTaxes he was a democrat and his children were just finishing their 1st year as Slytherins."
                          Last edited by Handyman; 10-02-2016, 10:23 AM.
                          -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

So is it Trump or Trumps company that hasn't paid taxes.
                            I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
                              So is it Trump or Trumps company that hasn't paid taxes.
                              The way I understand it, Trump was able to personally claim the losses from his companies.

Comment

• Originally posted by GrinCDXX View Post
                                The way I understand it, Trump was able to personally claim the losses from his companies.
                                Then it had to be an S Corp(s).

Question: If tD is a genius for not paying taxes, does that make us idiots for paying taxes???
                                CCT '77 & '78
                                4 kids
                                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Working...
                                X