This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Campaign 2016 Part XIX: Escape from the Planet of Debates

Trump is behaving like a freaking child. It takes a mountain of confirmation bias to overcome that evidence. This election is a reminder of just how powerful the monkey brain in us still is.

Comment

lol... CNN breaking news is that Trump did in fact have a faulty mic at the debate.

I chuckle because the big red Breaking News banner on the website is usually something like a plane crash...
      Originally posted by WiscTJK
      I'm with Wisko and Tim.
      Originally posted by Timothy A
      Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

It's CNN. Despite Trump calling it the "Clinton News Network" they have been concentrating on him, good and bad, for the past friggin' year. It's unwatchable unless they are live-covering a protest/plane crash/shooting/etc. If it's not live, it's Trump. Period.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
          lol... CNN breaking news is that Trump did in fact have a faulty mic at the debate.

I chuckle because the big red Breaking News banner on the website is usually something like a plane crash...
          Actually CNN frequently uses their "Breaking News" banner for things far more mundane than a plane crash. And they report it as "breaking news" sometimes for hours. Which is of course nonsense. It is breaking news the first time you report it, and no longer. I could even understand if they kept it up for a while, but you can literally tune in hours and hours after an event and they will term the most simple of recaps -- with nothing new in the last 6 hours -- as "breaking news."

Comment

Anything for viewership. Are their numbers so bad that they are trying to lure in < gasp > deplorables!?!?!

< /snark >

The Commission on Presidential Debates revealed in a one-sentence statement Friday that Donald Trump's audio was impacted earlier in the week.

"Regarding the first debate, there were issues regarding Donald Trump's audio that affected the sound level in the debate hall," the commission said in a statement. No other details were immediately made available.
            http://www.cnn.com/2016/09/30/politi...ues/index.html

My only question is how did CNN get this before DrudgeReport? I figured the Trumpettes had to know this when it was released by the Debate Commission and would've immediately fed it there.
            Last edited by The Sicatoka; 09-30-2016, 02:36 PM.
            The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

This is a fairly disgusting comment. Seeking to discredit a statement you disagree with through implying racism is both offensive and unoriginal.
              I'm sorry if you thought I was implying it.
              Originally posted by dicaslover
              Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
              Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

How did this faulty mic affect things? I do not recall any point in the debate where he could not be heard loud and clear. In fact a mic that randomly shut off probably would have helped him by lowering the number of interruptions.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                  How did this faulty mic affect things? I do not recall any point in the debate where he could not be heard loud and clear. In fact a mic that randomly shut off probably would have helped him by lowering the number of interruptions.
                  I didn't watch the debate, but something about the sniffles/etc? And Trump attributed it to a faulty mic making sounds/picking up other sounds?
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                    I didn't watch the debate, but something about the sniffles/etc? And Trump attributed it to a faulty mic making sounds/picking up other sounds?
                    Yes, the mic that was too soft to pick up his voice was working so well that it picked up his sniffles. Let's go with that...

Comment

According to the CNN article, it affected what people in the debate hall heard, but not those watching on TV. You know, the .01% of the total audience. Clearly Hillary is a diabolical genius.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                      iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                      gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                      Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                      Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                      TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                      DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                        Yes, the mic that was too soft to pick up his voice was working so well that it picked up his sniffles. Let's go with that...
                        As I said, I didn't watch, just heard comments in the waves of aftermath. Not accusing nor defending anything about MicrophoneGate.

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                          The media gets away with crap like that cause people are stupid.
                          I don't know that people are any stupider than they ever were. They're probably busier and and are definitely reliant on the convenience of sound bites and talking head summaries and click bait headlines for a lot of their info. Plus all the recirculated conspiracies on email and facebook etc. Who has the time to sort out facts from all the fiction? Just go with what you think sounds good.

When the internet was young it quickly made the world smaller and a bit more empathetic, I think, as regular folks could, for the first time really, have conversations and interactions with other regular folks from all over the world. Wow!
                          Now you still can but it's not nearly so novel and instead one could argue that facebook, et al, are systems that are more often agents of strengthening ties between small groups of like thinking people, and diminishing ties between those who think differently. (Just delete the jerks from your friend list!) Perhaps it's just plain easier to be divided today, and yet still be part of a group that happily reinforces biases among themselves. That's not the direction I hoped things would go.
                          Originally posted by WiscTJK
                          I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                          Originally posted by Timothy A
                          Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

How would his mike cause the sniffles? I'm a little confused here? I could certainly hear him loud and clear on the telecast.
                            Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

I don't know that people are any stupider than they ever were. They're probably busier and and are definitely reliant on the convenience of sound bites and talking head summaries and click bait headlines for a lot of their info. Plus all the recirculated conspiracies on email and facebook etc. Who has the time to sort out facts from all the fiction? Just go with what you think sounds good.

When the internet was young it quickly made the world smaller and a bit more empathetic, I think, as regular folks could, for the first time really, have conversations and interactions with other regular folks from all over the world. Wow!
                              Now you still can but it's not nearly so novel and instead one could argue that facebook, et al, are systems that are more often agents of strengthening ties between small groups of like thinking people, and diminishing ties between those who think differently. (Just delete the jerks from your friend list!) Perhaps it's just plain easier to be divided today, and yet still be part of a group that happily reinforces biases among themselves. That's not the direction I hoped things would go.
                              I think you are right, Wisko.

Though the thought of all those long-armed, slope-headed Badger fans talking just to each other might be comforting for the rest of us.

Comment

Trump campaign reports that at the next debate they'll supply their own microphone and it'll be a really, really great microphone and people are already saying it'll be a great microphone. When asked if it'll have a "spit stopper" they replied yes, and that it'll be yuuuge.

Clinton campaign reports already claim that Trump has called the microphone fat and claim he wants to send it back because it's foreign and didn't come with documentation. Clinton campaign officials had nothing else to offer.
                                Last edited by The Sicatoka; 09-30-2016, 03:09 PM.
                                The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Working...
                                X