X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Campaign 2016 Part XIX: Escape from the Planet of Debates

Originally posted by Rover View Post
    No and from the looks of it neither do you! I noticed you pulled a quick change when the techies started pushing back on you.

Why would he be on her domain??? He's not on her staff.
    What "quick change". If I'm in your email, I'm on your server (otherwise I'm not wasting my time in your email ).

I (wrongly?) assumed she may have provided an account to him on her domain. We don't know that.
    Last edited by The Sicatoka; 09-30-2016, 11:20 AM.
    The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      It's nonsense to follow these poll hours to hour of course --
      I was going to say it's like watching the hundredths of a stock tick.

Buy long. Hold. Or aren't you in?
      The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by GrinCDXX View Post
        Yeah, I'm pretty shocked to learn just how technically illiterate Clinton is. Our leaders should be MUCH younger.
        Yup. Judgement and intelligence be d@mned. I want someone in tech support running the country darnit!!!
        Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Excelsior. 538 Nowcast now has OH at 49.9% Clinton. One more poll outta do it.

It's nonsense to follow these poll hours to hour of course -- all of these changes are within the MOE. But it's fun when the arrows are going in your direction. (And torture when they go the other way.)
          Even funnier is reports that she's not going to compete in Ohio. Sourced from anonymous people who may or may not have been in the same zip code as a relative of a Clinton staffer sometime within the last year.

If you add up all the states the Clinton campaign is either writing off or not fully competing in, I'm pretty sure they're only going to make a play for Massachusetts and California. You gotta love the political press sometimes.

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

Comment

Yup. Judgement and intelligence be d@mned. I want someone in tech support running the country darnit!!!
            I kinda like the idea of a pres who can quickly bring up a "Syria Negotiator" app.

Comment

Nice strawman. Perhaps it wouldn't be that hard to find someone with judgment, intelligence, and who have used a computer in their lives. But, save your jabs for someone else, I already mailed in my ballot.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                What's Hillary's BMI, or is that off limits because she's female? Wait, wouldn't that be sexist?
                Resembled a dam pool table the other night. Should stay away from reds and greens
                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Nice strawman. Perhaps it wouldn't be that hard to find someone with judgment, intelligence, and who have used a computer in their lives. But, save your jabs for someone else, I already mailed in my ballot.
                  If you grew up with parents who are now Hillary's age, and you ever tried to teach them how to program a VCR, you'll understand why we don't hold that against her. Now stop being an elitist tech snob.

Comment

Yeah, I'm pretty shocked to learn just how technically illiterate Clinton is. Our leaders should be MUCH younger.
                    It isn't quite as bad as you think. Members have staffers while governors and the president have aides and whole technical advisories. They advise their boss on technical issues. In the case of the Congress there are also committee staffers (unaligned with the Members -- they work for the committee as a whole, albeit at the pleasure of their committee chair).

Many of these folks are young, many are highly technically literate. In addition they are well-connected (they're all sharks) and they have connections to people in Silicon Valley and academia who are not just literate but in research.

I agree that there should be greater scientific literacy among Members. It is frustrating when voters on science-related committees drag in their Iron Age superstitions or are utterly bamboozled by industry polluters or New Age nonsense. But there should be greater scientific literacy among leaders and captains of industry in general.

There are a few good ones -- Wyden (OR) is great for example.

I wouldn't mind kicking elected officials and justices to the curb at 80.
                    Last edited by Kepler; 09-30-2016, 11:49 AM.
                    Cornell University
                    National Champion 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

If you grew up with parents who are now Hillary's age, and you ever tried to teach them how to program a VCR, you'll understand why we don't hold that against her. Now stop being an elitist tech snob.
                      I'm not being an elistist tech snob--it would just be nice if her staff didn't have to waste their time printing her gd emails for her. That being said, that pales in comparison to the thought of electing an unapologetic bigot with the mind of an adolescent to be leader of the free world. Hell, it pales in comparison to electing any run of the mill regressive to be leader of the free world.
                      Last edited by GrinCDXX; 09-30-2016, 11:50 AM.

Comment

I'm not being an elistist tech snob--it would just be nice if her staff didn't have to waste their time printing her gd emails for her.
                        They'd do that anyway. Senators and Presidents don't even wipe their own butts; there's a staffer for that.
                        Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

They'd do that anyway. Senators and Presidents don't even wipe their own butts; there's a staffer for that.
                          I'm assuming if Trump wins, that staffer will have to demonstrate their throwing arm in the interview.

Comment

Excelsior. 538 Nowcast now has OH at 49.9% Clinton. One more poll outta do it.
                            Indeed, it did. Latest update flipped it to 51.2% for Clinton.

Comment

Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
                              I didn't realize 'quoting someone's words verbatim' was one of them sneaky Jew tactics.

This is a fairly disgusting comment. Seeking to discredit a statement you disagree with through implying racism is both offensive and unoriginal.
                              Originally posted by WiscTJK
                              I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                              Originally posted by Timothy A
                              Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Scoob's available.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Working...
                                X