X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Campaign 2016 Part XIX: Escape from the Planet of Debates

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
    If the economy goes in the tank the other side wins.
    I'm pretty sure this is an axiom of all political life, anywhere, any time.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
      So, are we predicting the economy is going to go in the tank now?
      Me? No. Kep is.

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      That will obviously be the 2020 nominee's opening bid. As hard as it is to beat back incumbent exhaustion for a third term, it's doubly as hard for a fourth, especially considering that after 7 years of economic growth we'll be due for a downturn at some point in the next term.
      The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by William Blake View Post
        I don't follow, are you just saying the poster I replied to was trolling and he hooked me?
        No I misread what you said and took it differently. Mea culpa you werent trolling I am sorry
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

If the economy goes in the tank the other side wins.
          Generally yes, but I'm not sure trickle down sells anymore. By right Mitt Romney should have been elected President easily. Over 7% unemployment, economy had been in a 4 year slowdown (Carter didn't cause the economic malaise in the late 70's either but paid for it), a slick businessman comes along and promises massive tax cuts and defense spending that will magically pay for itself...and he got his a ss whipped. 2012 should have been a wake up call that while you may enact massive tax cuts for GOP campaign contributors once in office, don't campaign on it. As Obama hilariously told Mittens in a debate, "1982 called. It wants its economic polices back."
          Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
            Generally yes, but I'm not sure trickle down sells anymore.
            It sold in Wisconsin and Kansas big time. Kansas finally is starting to reject it. I'm not so sure Wisconsin has yet.
            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

The president always gets too much credit or too much blame for the economy. There are so many other factors at work, but hey, he's the president.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

It sold in Wisconsin and Kansas big time. Kansas finally is starting to reject it. I'm not so sure Wisconsin has yet.
                True, but even Louisiana rejected it! Lets see how North Carolina reacts this November as well.

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                  The president always gets too much credit or too much blame for the economy. There are so many other factors at work, but hey, he's the president.
                  Not sure about this either. There has been a systemic driving by the GOP of trickle down for the last 36 years. It's left destruction in it's wake across the globe. It's still prevalent and the current GOP nominee is running on it. The ups and downs of the economy would have been a lot less disastrous if this disastrous idea had never existed. Obama's recovery plans were hamstrung by GOP in Congress who clung to trickle down by rejecting over and over again the infrastructure spending the country needed to boost the economy and rebuild.

Yet, there is always money for the Middle East. Always.
                  **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                  Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

They see my problem.
                    1. The first woman running for President in a major party and the biggest complaint about her debate performance was that she was "over-prepared". Definitely sounds like someone who was handed everything without putting in the work. The fact that she is resented for having the audacity to believe she deserves a job just because she's qualified says more about you than her.

2. Whatever "lack of candor" she might have certainly hasn't stopped anyone from going over every single moment of her last 30 years with a fine-toothed comb. I don't really care if the President isn't buddies with the press as long as they do their job.

3. The State Department got hacked. She didn't. Scoreboard doesn't lie.
                    Originally posted by dicaslover
                    Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
                    Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

If you don't recite from the daily press release from the Clinton campaign, the DailyKos, HuffPo, or Salon you're a troll (per Handy or Rover et al).

I dare read Salon, HuffPo, NYT, WaPo, but also < gasp! > WaTimes, WSJ, Drudge, and British media, so I'm a pariah.
                      Wrong...I misread what he was saying. Go back to defending the slut shaming/fat shaming...
                      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
                        3. The State Department got hacked. She didn't.
                        Her server, with "alphabetically ordered paragraph identifiers", like ( C ) , was hacked.

USA Today enumerated the issues. I agree with them. Write a letter to them explaining why they are wrong.
                        The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                          Go back to defending the slut shaming/fat shaming...
                          Donald is a slut (see: Marla Maples), and his BMI is too high (medical records from last week) so he's fat.

How'd I do?

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

This a long but surprisingly good summary out of Tiger Beat on the Potomac about the e-mail/server issue. Sic, you're SOL on this one I'm afraid.

http://www.politico.com/magazine/sto...ent-fbi-214307

Comment

Nope. That doesn't fly either. Trump is Mr. Economy this time around and yet his only idea is tired old trickle down. That's not going to work anymore. You can dupe Kansas and Wisconsin if you're Brownback and Walker but you can't dupe the country.
                              Scooby stop stealing my lines

(glad you are seeing it though )
                              -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Donald is a slut (see: Marla Maples), and his BMI is too high (medical records from last week) so he's fat.

How'd I do?
                                Its a start
                                -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X