This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Campaign 2016 Part XIX: Escape from the Planet of Debates

Apparently Trump thinks when a woman has sex and enjoys it it's disgusting.

Donald's Tweet this morning.

Did Crooked Hillary help disgusting (check out sex tape and past) Alicia M become a U.S. citizen so she could use her in the debate?
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      As hard as it is to beat back incumbent exhaustion for a third term, it's doubly as hard for a fourth, ...
      D*mn right.
      The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
        Apparently Trump thinks when a woman has sex and enjoys it it's disgusting.
        It's OK as long as the duly accredited male controls her sexuality.

If you view women as goods owned by a father or a husband, that obviously if they try to control their own sexuality they are guilty of theft!
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

But after enumerating the reasons they are against Trump (and stating you should not vote for Trump) there's this:

Nor does this editorial represent unqualified support for Hillary Clinton, who has her own flaws (though hers are far less likely to threaten national security or lead to a constitutional crisis). The Editorial Board does not have a consensus for a Clinton endorsement.

Some of us look at her command of the issues, resilience and long record of public service — as first lady, U.S. senator and secretary of State — and believe she’d serve the nation ably as its president.

Other board members have serious reservations about Clinton’s sense of entitlement, her lack of candor and her extreme carelessness in handling classified information.
          They see my problem.
          The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

That will obviously be the 2020 nominee's opening bid. As hard as it is to beat back incumbent exhaustion for a third term, it's doubly as hard for a fourth, especially considering that after 7 years of economic growth we'll be due for a downturn at some point in the next term.

It is possible that the 2016 term is a trap. Hillary has no choice, it was now or never, but the risk is very high particularly if the GOP can retain either chamber.
            If Clinton can hold on and win this thing, obviously the SCOTUS pick(s) are important above all else, but it will probably set the GOP up for nice consolation prize--another big win in a census year election.

Comment

Originally posted by GrinCDXX View Post
              If Clinton can hold on and win this thing, obviously the SCOTUS pick(s) are important above all else, but it will probably set the GOP up for nice consolation prize--another big win in a census year election.
              I don't see it. Demographics will be worse in (4) years and they've got McConnell and Ryan running things. They're pumping the handcart to irrelevancy as hard as they can.
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Yup. I was honestly worried with the "she's been there for 30 years" theme. That will resonate with a lot of people. And "they took our jerbs!" is an evergreen winner even if Trump's solutions are even worse for the economy.

Thing is, as Rover mentioned a while back, the first debate was his wheelhouse. If he couldn't win with his ace on the mound, how's he going to do on foreign policy or civil rights and civil liberties when he's got a AAA scrub out there?

He could go for the jugular on fiscal and monetary policy -- the middle class is even more worried about the debt and quantitative easing than his core supporters. He has room to grow there if he says "I will put a hard cap on all discretionary spending that gets progressively higher each year until by my 4th year the budget is balanced. I will then increase the cap to begin to pay off the national debt. While the debt is too large to have even appreciably dent it by the end of my second term, I will aim to have reduced it by at least 5%. The savings on debt service will then be applied directly to further debt reduction, and the virtuous cycle will eventually clear our entire debt within 20 years."
                Way too wonky and it would require him to stay on subject for more than 5 seconds. Trump is who he is. Its up to others to explain, if possible, how his proclamations would actually work.

"Been there 30 years" is a winner, but Lester Holt drilled him on the jobs issue. How does he plan on bringing back jobs that have left? He has no idea. Or if he does, it'll be something like abolishing labor standards and the minimum wage. He's already got the stupid people vote. The educated people are the ones he's losing and fantasyland proposal isn't going to work for them.
                Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                  I wont lie, methinks something is about to come out about him and he is trying to control the cycle before it happens.
                  Most definitely. The Machado thing was handled beautifully by Clinton's campaign--I've been to Ohio and arguing that 160 lbs. is indefensibly fat is not a corner you want to be boxed into--but that was just Debate #1. Do we really think she's already shot the biggest bullet in her chamber?

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                  He's... the perfect role model for Millennials: Handed everything, never told no, doesn't know any better, and unwilling to learn.
                  There's a reason he had to use his own ****ty kids in his Millennial outreach meme. It's all he could scrounge up. Nevermind the biggest plank in Trump's platform is ostensibly that an older generation is losing the ability to earn a middle class wage with a lower class education.(White privilege means it's somebody else's fault they didn't go to college. If you're black, you're just lazy) Compare that to today's generation where an advanced degree is becoming a necessity for an entry level position and tell me how they're "unwilling to learn".
                  Originally posted by dicaslover
                  Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
                  Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

I don't see it. Demographics will be worse in (4) years and they've got McConnell and Ryan running things. They're pumping the handcart to irrelevancy as hard as they can.
                    Say what you will about demographics, in four years as it was is as it shall be.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                      Way too wonky and it would require him to stay on subject for more than 5 seconds.
                      That fits in a Twitter world. If he latched onto "30 years" in that forum ...

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                        Say what you will about demographics, in four years as it was is as it shall be.
                        Nope. That doesn't fly either. Trump is Mr. Economy this time around and yet his only idea is tired old trickle down. That's not going to work anymore. You can dupe Kansas and Wisconsin if you're Brownback and Walker but you can't dupe the country.

Comment

Originally posted by GrinCDXX View Post
                          They shouldn't count on it. The big reaction will probably come in the 2018 off cycle election. Under-educated white anxiety is only going to grow. They won't have blackie to kick around anymore, and the tendency to turn towards blaming women will continue to drive their crippling gender gap. Meanwhile, Hispanic registration will only grow, and elderly white mortality will only continue. By 2020 a person will have to be at least 54 to have voted for Reagan in 1984. Gay marriage and Obamacare will have not led to the End Times, thus isolating the crazies even more.

Anyway, first things first. Just win now, baby.
                          Cornell University
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Nope. That doesn't fly either. Trump is Mr. Economy this time around and yet his only idea is tired old trickle down. That's not going to work anymore. You can dupe Kansas and Wisconsin if you're Brownback and Walker but you can't dupe the country.
                            If the economy goes in the tank the other side wins.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                              If the economy goes in the tank the other side wins.
                              So, are we predicting the economy is going to go in the tank now? Frankly I don't see it. That's a stupid thing to hope for, although Ryan and Mitch are working hard to make it happen I'm sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                                The educated people are the ones he's losing and fantasyland proposal isn't going to work for them.
                                From the frothy mouths of babes.
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X