This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Campaign 2016 Part XIX: Escape from the Planet of Debates

She did nothing to show why she wants to be President and where she wants to take the country. He didn't do anything he hasn't already done before. Net win, Trump.

Let's not forget that the worst debate Trump had during the primary was South Carolina and somehow he won that going away.

She's not doing what she needs to do to win.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Absolute total a ss kicking by Hillary last night. You know Trump is screwed when even his surrogates are calling it a draw. Could be the worst debate I've ever seen anybody have since Dukakis in 1988. A dumb blowhard continually schooled by someone's grandmother. For the record, two instant polls afterward have it as a big Clinton win, not a draw as Flaggy desperately tried to insinuate. (CNN had her like 62-37, PPP had it 51-40).

One debate does not make an election, but who really thinks Trump will change his style? A conventional candidate works on what they did wrong (Reagan - no senile episodes in 2nd debate, Obama not treating next debate like a law school classroom discussion, etc). Trump? I'm guessing what you saw is what you're going to get. But as Handy astutely pointed out, this isn't about winning over nutty Trump supporters. Its about indifferent lefties realizing what a jacka ss Trump really is. Johnson and Stein should throw in the towel after this one. The differences between the two main candidates couldn't be more clear.

PS - Hey Kep, after Scooby's last comment, will you now at long last admit that he is in fact an idiot?
      Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
        Absolute total a ss kicking by Hillary last night. You know Trump is screwed when even his surrogates are calling it a draw. Could be the worst debate I've ever seen anybody have since Dukakis in 1988. A dumb blowhard continually schooled by someone's grandmother. For the record, two instant polls afterward have it as a big Clinton win, not a draw as Flaggy desperately tried to insinuate. (CNN had her like 62-37, PPP had it 51-40).

One debate does not make an election, but who really thinks Trump will change his style? A conventional candidate works on what they did wrong (Reagan - no senile episodes in 2nd debate, Obama not treating next debate like a law school classroom discussion, etc). Trump? I'm guessing what you saw is what you're going to get. But as Handy astutely pointed out, this isn't about winning over nutty Trump supporters. Its about indifferent lefties realizing what a jacka ss Trump really is. Johnson and Stein should throw in the towel after this one. The differences between the two main candidates couldn't be more clear.

PS - Hey Kep, after Scooby's last comment, will you now at long last admit that he is in fact an idiot?
        The man dost cheer too much, methinks.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
          Didn't watch... did they actually talk about anything other than attacking each other?
          There were moments.

Trump gave his Global Trade Apocalypse spiel in the first half.

Clinton was able to turn the discussion to facts at various times during the night though she didn't have an equivalent sustained analysis.

This debate was actually a breath of fresh air in one way. The name of the game in these over-produced debates is "pivot": you have 3 or 4 talking points you want to be regurgitated on the nightly news, so you take any question and divert to the canned statement you want to make. "Senator, what about your emails?" "Well, I think the American people are less concerned about about server architecture and more concerned about real world architecture, and Our Crumbling Infrastructure..." and then off you go on your rehearsed 30-second bit. In particular, poor debate performers (the worst two I can recall were Quayle and Dubya, but the most famous was Rubio because Christie called him out on it) look like fools doing it.

This debate had very little of that. Both candidates actually stuck to the question most of the time. Especially towards the end Trump was all over the map (Rosie O'Donnell?), but that wasn't pivoting, it was watching a ship steam in circles after its rudder falls off.
          Last edited by Kepler; 09-27-2016, 08:17 AM.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Absolute total a ss kicking by Hillary last night. You know Trump is screwed when even his surrogates are calling it a draw. Could be the worst debate I've ever seen anybody have since Dukakis in 1988.
            The one thing that gives me pause is that the worst debate performance I've ever seen, considerably worse even than Trump last night, was Dubya in the 1st debate against Gore.

How'd that turn out?
            Cornell University
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
              The one thing that gives me pause is that the worst debate performance I've ever seen, considerably worse even than Trump last night, was Dubya in the 1st debate against Gore.

How'd that turn out?
              Ding Ding Ding.
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Trump is on the news complaining about his microphone. Anyone who thinks Trump even tied is divorced from reality.
                U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                  Trump is on the news complaining about his microphone. Anyone who thinks Trump even tied is divorced from reality.
                  42%

Comment

How'd that turn out?
                    I don't think Bush was that bad in Debate 1. He lost but was able to spin it into a victory. No amount of spinning is going to give this to Trump.

Some of the coverage:

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/firs...l_pol_20160927

https://politicalwire.com/2016/09/27...ential-debate/

http://www.politico.com/

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                      42%
                      That seems about right.

Given the things Trump has said to get him to this point, it is pretty obvious that his supporters are unshakable. Mucusollini has them by their masculinity anxiety. They got no place else to go.
                      Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                        She did nothing to show why she wants to be President and where she wants to take the country. He didn't do anything he hasn't already done before. Net win, Trump.

Let's not forget that the worst debate Trump had during the primary was South Carolina and somehow he won that going away.

She's not doing what she needs to do to win.
                        Literally no one agrees with you. Christ even Faux is ripping Holt because they know Drumpf was a mess.
                        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                          Literally no one agrees with you. Christ even Faux is ripping Holt because they know Drumpf was a mess.
                          Everybody thought Gore won too. I'll wait for the polls. My guess is they don't move an inch.

Comment

He lost but was able to spin it into a victory. No amount of spinning is going to give this to Trump.
                            Confirmation bias is stronger than you think. By this Friday it will be "common knowledge" on the far right that Trump won the debate. By next Friday bothsiderism will have made the story how both camps view the result through their bias, and the actual debate will have disappeared completely from people's minds.

I believe Trump could pull down his pants and take a dump on stage at the next debate and his numbers would not change. Those folks are locked in.
                            Cornell University

Comment

How'd that turn out?
                              Dubya was "likable" and Gore was a stiff piece of wood. It is not the same.
                              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Confirmation bias is stronger than you think. By this Friday it will be "common knowledge" on the far right that Trump won the debate. By next Friday bothsiderism will have made the story how both camps view the result through their bias, and the actual debate will have disappeared completely from people's minds.

I believe Trump could pull down his pants and take a dump on stage at the next debate and his numbers would not change. Those folks are locked in.
                                Kep, for the bazillionth freakin' time, Trump supporters aren't the people she needs to win over.

Meanwhile, here's Trump "cleaning up" some of his debate comments this morning. Yikes.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/0...machado-228768

Comment

Working...
                                X