This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    I wouldn't be shocked if gas companies are lobbying for congestion because of the fuel used from idling vehicles, or lobbied by industrial outlets to force large amounts of traffic elsewhere. Even I'm very selective of what expressways and parkways to use in NYC, and I do road trips on my vacations.
    Bentley, BMW, Fiat, Ford, GM, Hyundai, Honda, Jaguar, Kia, Land Rover, Mazda, Toyota, VW, and other European branded cars all are now including Auto Stop/Start technology that stops the engine when it detects it's idling/stopped while the gear is in drive. Release the brake, and the engine starts right back up.

I have it in my Malibu, and I love it. Easily stretches my fuel economy when in city stop-and-go traffic.

And congestion isn't some vast conspiracy from Big Oil, it's the result of zero infrastructure/transportation money being spent. But hey, let's keep pi**ing money away on the F35.
    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Re: Campaign 2016 Part XIX: Escape from the Planet of Debates

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
      You mean Clinton can't walk up to Trump while he's speaking, and stare intently, creepily, at him the whole time until he makes a truly deft performance move and acknowledges the creepiness of it all with a quick, comic look and line?

That was the high-point of Bush's intellectual prowess as POTUS, and he hadn't even taken office yet.
      When I was reading that I thought you were going to have him kiss her and then together they destroy the world!
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
        I thought the only way you could get in trouble over a bridge in NY is is you tried to sell it to a guy.
        Ba-dum-CHING!
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
          Bentley, BMW, Fiat, Ford, GM, Hyundai, Honda, Jaguar, Kia, Land Rover, Mazda, Toyota, VW, and other European branded cars all are now including Auto Stop/Start technology that stops the engine when it detects it's idling/stopped while the gear is in drive. Release the brake, and the engine starts right back up.

I have it in my Malibu, and I love it. Easily stretches my fuel economy when in city stop-and-go traffic.
          I've driven a Jaguar with it. I hated it. I shut it off. It unnerved me; when I'm stopped at a light I want to know the engine is running, not wonder if it's going to start when I need it to. (PS - Jaguar has release brake or turn the wheel to start.)

And I have my doubts about wanting the engine off when it's -5 F (or -25 F or +105 F).
          The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
            When I was reading that I thought you were going to have him kiss her and then together they destroy the world!
            Well, heights are right. Perceptions about each are about right.
            The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
              I've driven a Jaguar with it. I hated it. I shut it off. It unnerved me; when I'm stopped at a light I want to know the engine is running, not wonder if it's going to start when I need it to. (PS - Jaguar has release brake or turn the wheel to start.)

And I have my doubts about wanting the engine off when it's -5 F (or -25 F or +105 F).
              The Malibu won't let you turn that feature off (my only complaint with the car).

If the heat/AC is working hard, the engine won't turn off. I can only think of two times it did that last winter. And maybe a half dozen times this summer, but that was because I had the AC set to eco mode so the car would start/stop. Never did it stop when the AC was blowing normally.

GM had one feature in the Eco model the year prior to my car (my Malibu is the normal edition) where the start/stop battery could jump start the regular car battery if the regular battery died. I wish that was a standard feature. (Yes, my car has two batteries.)

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

The Malibu won't let you turn that feature off (my only complaint with the car).
                Next model year the Jags won't have an off switch for it either is what I've been told.

I thought the old logic was stopping/starting the engine takes more gas than letting it idle? Is that wrong in the world of advanced EFI, but correct in a carbureted world?
                Last edited by The Sicatoka; 09-26-2016, 10:44 AM.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                  You cannot be more out of touch with what it means to be poor or middle class in this country right now then that. Eric Trump is a silver spoon idiot.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/09/23/politi...eam/index.html
                  Yeah when I posted that on Friday I couldnt believe it. It bares repeating every day how big a ******nozzles these guys are.
                  -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                    Yeah when I posted that on Friday I couldnt believe it. It bares repeating every day how big a ******nozzles these guys are.
                    When you're used to having everything anything less is nothing.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

I wonder if I wrote Trump a letter stating that I too would like to be an entrepreneur like him, if he would float me a 6.2 Million Dollar loan just like he got from his father (1 Mil/1970 adjusted for inflation). Lots of property I could buy, flip, and rent in Chicagoland with that kind of assistance.

I can't believe this personified milk bag is this close to being the leader of the free world, and it blows my mind that he's so engrained himself as a simpleton that he's hooked such a large percentage of suckers.

My post from earlier is true. Trump is selling us a Monorail, and the morons are lining up to buy it.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

And congestion isn't some vast conspiracy from Big Oil, it's the result of zero infrastructure/transportation money being spent. But hey, let's keep pi**ing money away on the F35.
                        Turning on and off sounds like it'd waste a lot more gas because of the amount needed to even start the engine.

You could also maximize the infrastructure that already exists. How about traffic signal timings, when they're on/off, if they should exist, because that's a lot of the congestion. You have to be careful with adding more lanes because of the concepts of merging, though.

Comment

Bloomberg TV to fact check the debate live during broadcast:
                          http://www.politico.com/blogs/on-med...28670?cmpid=sf

Bloomberg TV will conduct on-screen fact checks of statements made by both Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton during Monday night’s debate, POLITICO has confirmed.
                          The channel’s decision to conduct an on-screen fact-check sets Bloomberg apart from the other major TV networks, none of whom have committed to doing on-screen fact checks during the debate. Most will leave the fact-checking to segments in the post-debate analysis coverage.
                          I do hope it's Pop Up Video style.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Cronyism at its finest. http://observer.com/2016/09/the-fbi-...te-was-a-sham/

Comment

• Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                              Turning on and off sounds like it'd waste a lot more gas because of the amount needed to even start the engine.
                              Surprisingly, studies have shown a significant fuel savings IF the engine sits off at lights/traffic for 10 seconds or longer.

My Malibu actually gets better fuel mileage than the ECO model with the smaller engine.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Bloomberg TV to fact check the debate live during broadcast:
                                http://www.politico.com/blogs/on-med...28670?cmpid=sf

I do hope it's Pop Up Video style.
                                I hope it's more like tug-of-war style where they stack up or count the number of lies and half-lies they tell. Put that on screen so we have a running count. Sort of like a scoreboard for a sporting event.
                                Code:
                                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                                Originally posted by SanTropez
                                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                                Originally posted by Kepler
                                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Working...
                                X