X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Campaign 2016 Part XIX: Escape from the Planet of Debates

Originally posted by Rover View Post
    I've read in debate prep Hillary is already prepared to do the fact checking for him. Frankly this is nothing new. Candy Crowley stood out because she was the one moderator in the history of debates to correct a candidate on the spot when he was saying something that wasn't true, and in Mittens case I'm not sure if he was outright lying or merely truly thought Obama hadn't called the Benghazi attack terrorism the next day. That's why controlling the post debate spin is so important (again see Gore, Al).
    I don't think post debate spin would've helped Gore. He made an *** out of himself. I was sighing as much as he was but I was doing it in the privacy of my own home not in front of millions of people.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
      In other news it looks like Christie may get impeached over the Bridge fiasco...but hey he is perfect for Drumpf's transition team.
      I thought the only way you could get in trouble over a bridge in NY is is you tried to sell it to a guy.
      The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
        That just says he does business in Russia, which everybody knew. The other link made it sound like the Kremlin was cutting him checks with "FOR TREASON" written in the Memo field.
        Agree. That other link felt like Alex Jones but with left-handed threads.
        The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
          I don't think post debate spin would've helped Gore. He made an *** out of himself. I was sighing as much as he was but I was doing it in the privacy of my own home not in front of millions of people.
          True, but he sat on his arse while the Bush team ran with that as being the most important thing that came out of the debate. IIRC initially people felt Gore won the debate, but by the end of the week he looked like he lost. Goopers tried the same thing in the Biden-Ryan post debate spin as well, hoping to sell the narrative that Biden was too hard on the little weasel since he got smoked on the issues. Obviously the Obama team was having none of it.
          Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
            True, but he sat on his arse while the Bush team ran with that as being the most important thing that came out of the debate. IIRC initially people felt Gore won the debate, but by the end of the week he looked like he lost. Goopers tried the same thing in the Biden-Ryan post debate spin as well, hoping to sell the narrative that Biden was too hard on the little weasel since he got smoked on the issues. Obviously the Obama team was having none of it.
            Well, I'm sure they will handle that. Saw Donna Brazille's take on the race recently and she is just fantastic. There can be no better advocate for Hillary to have as DNC chair now that the troll is gone. The contract with Priebus is staggering.
            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
              Flowers is just mad because the rest of Bill's ladies got famous and no one even remembers who she is.
              Well, with one caveat: He admitted to it with her.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                When Trump gets swept out of office ...
                I thought Hillary had this bagged already and was pulling out the old measurements for curtains in the west wing.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Eric Trump on Friday defended his father's self-made real estate mogul narrative, saying the Republican presidential nominee was the epitome of the American dream for having "gone from just about nothing" to become a successful real estate mogul in New York.
                  You cannot be more out of touch with what it means to be poor or middle class in this country right now then that. Eric Trump is a silver spoon idiot.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/09/23/politi...eam/index.html

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                    I thought the only way you could get in trouble over a bridge in NY is is you tried to sell it to a guy.
                    The GW going in from Fort Lee is a mess anyway. If I had to use that bridge and learned that pols were willfully causing more congestion, I'd be mucho ****ed.

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                      You mean Clinton can't walk up to Trump while he's speaking, and stare intently, creepily, at him the whole time until he makes a truly deft performance move and acknowledges the creepiness of it all with a quick, comic look and line?

That was the high-point of Bush's intellectual prowess as POTUS, and he hadn't even taken office yet.
                      RE: That event in that Bush/Gore debate.

The Bush campaign knew Gore loved that tactic. They had seen him do it in other debates. Gore is a tall human and he liked to loom over the other speaker to try to throw them off. The Bush debate prep folks had him ready for it, and thus came one of the more memorable visuals from Presidential debate history.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Originally posted by burd View Post
                        The GW going in from Fort Lee is a mess anyway. If I had to use that bridge and learned that pols were willfully causing more congestion, I'd be mucho ****ed.
                        But how could you tell unless it was backed up to Englewood?
                        CCT '77 & '78
                        4 kids
                        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                          Don't like traffic and congestion? Don't live where there's traffic and congestion.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                            But how could you tell unless it was backed up to Englewood?
                            Doesn't matter. All I'd have to do is hear pols were making an already bad situation worse through political gamesmanship. I wouldn't care which party was doing it. And I know people already believe pols mess up their lives in pursuit of their own ambitions, but this would be so direct and so trite, I'd be pizzed.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                              I wouldn't be shocked if gas companies are lobbying for congestion because of the fuel used from idling vehicles, or lobbied by industrial outlets to force large amounts of traffic elsewhere. Even I'm very selective of what expressways and parkways to use in NYC, and I do road trips on my vacations.

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                                Don't like traffic and congestion? Don't live where there's traffic and congestion.
                                "Nobody goes there anymore. It's too crowded."
                                Cornell University
                                National Champion 1967, 1970
                                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Working...
                                X