X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Campaign 2016 Part XIX: Escape from the Planet of Debates

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
    I think it was a mistake by the Clinton campaign to put a white male billionaire in the front row. The much better choice might have been a veteran, or at least a representative of one of the groups Mrs. Clinton purports to champion.

I think it's true that Mrs. Clinton gained sympathy, but I think that she also lost some women when she went on national television and called Lewinski, Jones, Flowers, et al, liars, and subsequently used the phrase "Vast Right Wing Conspiracy" to dismiss their claims out of hand. Using that phrase again in the campaign has probably also been a mistake.
    Using the conspiracy term 15 years ago was probably warranted, but you're right--using it during this campaign was not prudent. Like the deplorables comment.

I have a friend who is running for state representative against a long time incumbent in a district that is hard for democrats to win. He's a banker and an ex marine with combat experience, but fairly liberal. Not a typical package. One of the campaign workers made the comment that some people might vote for him and Trump both. The two could not be more different, yet he is running against an "establishment" incumbent, and some voters care much less about the platform than they do their own personal frustration with the status quo in politics.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
      Using the conspiracy term 15 years ago was probably warranted, but you're right--using it during this campaign was not prudent. Like the deplorables comment.

I have a friend who is running for state representative against a long time incumbent in a district that is hard for democrats to win. He's a banker and an ex marine with combat experience, but fairly liberal. Not a typical package. One of the campaign workers made the comment that some people might vote for him and Trump both. The two could not be more different, yet he is running against an "establishment" incumbent, and some voters care much less about the platform than they do their own personal frustration with the status quo in politics.
      I wish your friend good luck. I have often thought, especially the last several years, that I could probably pay myself very well to run a non-partisan and strictly anti-incumbent PAC.*

Don't like your nazi fascist Republican congressman? We'll stop the Blitzkrieg!

Hate your commie totalitarian Democrat Senator? We do too!

Just call 800-GET-OUTT!

*If anybody steals this idea I want a piece of the action. But, it's probably too late as most certainly, it is already a big business.
      Last edited by Wisko McBadgerton; 09-25-2016, 09:25 AM.
      Originally posted by WiscTJK
      I'm with Wisko and Tim.
      Originally posted by Timothy A
      Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

According to the tD campaign they're not bringing Flowers afterall.
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids
        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Just quote him.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
            Just quote him.
            That Trump can even be in the conversation as a potential president really makes me sad. It's as if our nation is deeply depressed and even if (when) Clinton wins that we could let someone like that come this far, that millions and millions of people think a person like this deserves consideration of any sort, tells me as much about where we are almost as much as even him winning would.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
              That Trump can even be in the conversation as a potential president really makes me sad. It's as if our nation is deeply depressed and even if (when) Clinton wins that we could let someone like that come this far, that millions and millions of people think a person like this deserves consideration of any sort, tells me as much about where we are almost as much as even him winning would.
              I lay that at the feet of the 45/45 split. South Park is right: there are Giant ****** households and Turd Sandwich households, and their votes are predetermined.
              Cornell University
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                Nate was at his best when he just ran the #'s. Being forced into commentary for clicks weakens him, though it does put food on his table.
                Agreed. I like when they do the round table discussion every couple weeks or so because that is quite interesting and explains how his numbers work and so on. But I dont need a weekly clickbaait from him talking about the numbers then explaining why his numbers might not mean anything anyways. I mean the last article basically said "so last week I told you if things didnt change to panic, they changed but you should probably maybe still panic but really there is no reason why. It is almost like he is afraid to say things shifted back towards Hillary's side because Drumpf proved him wrong in the primaries.
                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                  I wish your friend good luck. I have often thought, especially the last several years, that I could probably pay myself very well to run a non-partisan and strictly anti-incumbent PAC.*

Don't like your nazi fascist Republican congressman? We'll stop the Blitzkrieg!

Hate your commie totalitarian Democrat Senator? We do too!

Just call 800-GET-OUTT!

*If anybody steals this idea I want a piece of the action. But, it's probably too late as most certainly, it is already a big business.
                  When has that stopped anyone...bill yourself out at a 10% discount and make the back end up on expert one on one consulting at $X per hour. Start small and build and in ten years you will be living the sweet life on K Street
                  "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                  -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                  -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                  -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
                    It shows that all that talk we hear, often from the conservative side of the aisle, that racism and sexism are going away isnt worth the oxygen wasted on saying it. There is a large segment of the population that just doesnt want things equal whether it is consciously or unconsciously. We have a lot of work to do...and Drumpf is not the guy who should be in charge for this time period.
                    -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Re: Campaign 2016 Part XIX: Escape from the Planet of Debates

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                      Agreed. I like when they do the round table discussion every couple weeks or so because that is quite interesting and explains how his numbers work and so on.
                      Those are good although they're getting a little too cutesy and nerd kids lunch tablish.
                      Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                        When has that stopped anyone...bill yourself out at a 10% discount and make the back end up on expert one on one consulting at $X per hour. Start small and build and in ten years you will be living the sweet life on K Street
                        Start small and build, and in 10 years you can semi-retire to wherever, while WMc & Partners, Inc. bills your little army of 20 and 30-something "experts" out at $200/hr, but only pays them $20-35/hr. In another, shadier industry, I believe that's called "pimping".

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                          Start small and build, and in 10 years you can semi-retire to wherever, while WMc & Partners, Inc. bills your little army of 20 and 30-something "experts" out at $200/hr, but only pays them $20-35/hr. In another, shadier industry, I believe that's called "pimping".
                          Ah even better!
                          -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                            According to the tD campaign they're not bringing Flowers afterall.
                            Nothing wrong with Bill's former mistress being there. I mean, Trump's former mistress is at a lot of his campaign events.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                            iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                            gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                            Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                            Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                            TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                            DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                              See below. There's no way even a GOP Senate confirms Cruz.
                              He won't need a confirmation to be Attorney General.
                              What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
                                He won't need a confirmation to be Attorney General.
                                Yes he will. All cabinet appointments are subject to Senate confirmation.
                                CCT '77 & '78
                                4 kids
                                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Working...
                                X