X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Campaign 2016 Part XIX: Escape from the Planet of Debates

Originally posted by joecct View Post
    Just saw a tweet that it is confirmed by the tD camp.
    I knew Trump would do this stuff and the Clintons long past will make it easy for him to do
    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
      I knew Trump would do this stuff and the Clintons long past will make it easy for him to do
      This, of course, assumes Ms. Flowers survives until Monday night.
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

This, of course, assumes Ms. Flowers survives until Monday night.
        Bill made sure there are plenty more where that came from

Comment

I'm sure Hillary has in no way found a way to deal with that over the last 20-30 years, nosiree.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
          iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
          gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
          Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
          Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
          TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
          DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
            Questions, because I don't know: What is the best mechanism we know for predetermining turnout and to what degree has it been successful in the past? And if there is such a thing, what does it say?

Seems like that's the key and the hardest thing to predict.

With high negatives for both candidates the surface primary driver seems like it's to "stop" the other side, which I see as a negative motivation vs. a positive one, like a strong feeling for "Hope and Change", for example. My head tells me that a negative motivation isn't nearly as good and is much more easy to blow off on election day for the average citizen. Because of that, I feel like actual turnout could be suppressed as things stand today.

Which could be totally wrong, as for example, it's true that there's massive interest in the debates. But then again, there would be as much or more massive interest in Kanye throwing down with Taylor Swift. It kind of has some of that train wreck quality that you can't stop watching about it.
            Odd situation.

People just don't care to vote. Mookie is the opposite, he votes every time. Many times there is perhaps 1 contested race. In every unopposed Mookie writes in himself.
            He just votes.

Have to assume a very small minority is in the same boat
            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
              No one cared about Flowers when Bill was President why would they now that Hillary is running? This stinks of desperation and won't help him at all.
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                I'm getting sick of Silver it is obvious he is dumbstruck by all of this yet every week he tried to make it sound like he almost has it figured out. I like him for the most part but his he sometimes doesn't even agree with his own numbers which makes him look a bit loony.
                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
                  Articles like this one in the NYT would be the most effective way to discredit Trump to his own supporters, but his supporters are too stupid or blind or naive to be able to grasp the truth.
                  His supporters will just say that it's the "New York Slimes" smearing Trump again.

Comment

Just saw a tweet that it is confirmed by the tD camp.
                    Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                    Yeah, just noticed that. So ridiculous.

Gross

Comment

Flowers is just mad because the rest of Bill's ladies got famous and no one even remembers who she is. Weak attempt at trolling if Drumpf was better at this he would have had Lewinsky in a blue dress or at least Paula Jones. I doubt if half the people watching know who Flowers is and after what Hillary dealt with in the 90s when all of this was on TV 24/7 her being at the debate wont even cause her pulse to rise a beat...

This would be like Hillary having Marla Maples show up, or have her wear a USFL hat on the campaign tour...it just doesnt register
                      -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Apparently The Lesser Drumpf is Just as Big a Liar as his Full of Crap Father

"Eric Drumpf on Friday defended his father's self-made real estate mogul narrative, saying the Republican presidential nominee was the epitome of the American dream for having "gone from just about nothing" to become a successful real estate mogul in New York.

The younger Drumpf's comments follow extensive reporting of how the GOP presidential candidate got his start in property development in part thanks to a $1 million loan from his father, Fred Drumpf, in the late 1960s or early 1970s."
                        Last edited by Handyman; 09-25-2016, 10:34 AM.
                        -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                          No one cared about Flowers when Bill was President why would they now that Hillary is running? This stinks of desperation and won't help him at all.
                          Of course he is desperate, he is behind in the polls and he is going to get creamed in the debates.

Comment

Flowers is just mad because the rest of Bill's ladies got famous and no one even remembers who she is. Weak attempt at trolling if Drumpf was better at this he would have had Lewinsky in a blue dress or at least Paula Jones. I doubt if half the people watching know who Flowers is and after what Hillary dealt with in the 90s when all of this was on TV 24/7 her being at the debate wont even cause her pulse to rise a beat...

This would be like Hillary having Marla Maples show up, or have her wear a USFL hat on the campaign tour...it just doesnt register
                            Agree, and not only that. Hillary got the sympathy and respect of a lot of women after what she endured. Conservatives criticized her for not leaving him, but I don't think that resonated with most women. Trump has to assess how women would react to this cheap trick. Cheap, but classic Trump.

Comment

I'm getting sick of Silver it is obvious he is dumbstruck by all of this yet every week he tried to make it sound like he almost has it figured out. I like him for the most part but his he sometimes doesn't even agree with his own numbers which makes him look a bit loony.
                              Nate was at his best when he just ran the #'s. Being forced into commentary for clicks weakens him, though it does put food on his table.
                              "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

I think it was a mistake by the Clinton campaign to put a white male billionaire in the front row. The much better choice might have been a veteran, or at least a representative of one of the groups Mrs. Clinton purports to champion.

I think it's true that Mrs. Clinton gained sympathy, but I think that she also lost some women when she went on national television and called Lewinski, Jones, Flowers, et al, liars, and subsequently used the phrase "Vast Right Wing Conspiracy" to dismiss their claims out of hand. Using that phrase again in the campaign has probably also been a mistake.
                                Originally posted by WiscTJK
                                I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                                Originally posted by Timothy A
                                Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Working...
                                X