X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Campaign 2016 Part XIX: Escape from the Planet of Debates

Originally posted by unofan View Post
    I don't think there's any way Cruz gets confirmed by the Senate no matter who controls it. He's hated by probably 85 of the other 99 senators. They wouldn't even need to filibuster. I think he'd lose the up-down vote without blinking.
    That doesn't matter.

Trump knows that.
    Cruz? Too stupid to know that.
    So, Trump makes deal; Trump nominates Cruz; Senate sounds the fail horn; Trump makes another pick.

Trump loses nothing in that scenario.
    The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      You are one dark dude.
      Was that racist?
      The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
        Yeah, she did. And it was true. Did you see what the Trump Campaign in Ohio said?

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...m-before-obama

Or the elected official in North Carolina?

http://www.attn.com/stories/11566/co...people-jealous

It's time these people got called out for what they are. If Mrs. Clinton is the only one with balls to do it, so be it.
        I am sure he was "being sarcastic" just like his Party Leader was when he says stuff like that. GOPers should be ashamed of this crap as should all conservatives.
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

He has his discriminator against the entire 2020 field. If Trump loses he skips to that nomination. He scoped the long game before anyone else and patiently stuck to the arc through 15 bitter months and now, right before The Pay Off, he wusses out?

What is he thinking?
          He is thinking he got offered a better deal.
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
            http://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/24/us...smtyp=cur&_r=0

This election just got a billion times more important for me. Mike Lee in the Senate is bad enough for me and I'm in Minnesota. On the Supreme Court? I'm outta here.
            The Supreme Court is the most important part of this election. Liberals need to realize this fast.
            -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Uh-oh ... this could really shake things up.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                That doesn't matter.

Trump knows that.
                Cruz? Too stupid to know that.
                So, Trump makes deal; Trump nominates Cruz; Senate sounds the fail horn; Trump makes another pick.

Trump loses nothing in that scenario.
                Cruz is many things, pretty much all of which are despicable, but he's not stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                  Cruz is many things, pretty much all of which are despicable, but he's not stupid.
                  Allow me to clarify: Stupid arrogant (as in blind to reality in front of him), not stupid intelligence-wise.

If Alan Dershowitz admits Cruz was a smart student, Ted's undeniably not stupid intelligence-wise.
                  Last edited by The Sicatoka; 09-23-2016, 04:32 PM.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                    From Sicatoka in the last thread.

To which I say, if he had bothered to read her entire statement, which I posted earlier in that thread, he would know that she went out of her way to separate the deplorables from the rest of the "great unwashed masses".

Ol' Sica's learned a lot about obfuscation from the Trump campaign.
                    Nuance doesn't work in political campaigns. It's far too easy to shorten the statement for the purpose of creating sound bites. For as long as she's been involved in politics, she sure is a horrible campaigner - especially when this election should've been a mortal lock, save for her inability to close the deal. Now it's just likely, but a great many are questioning that. She could actually end up being the first candidate to lead after the conventions and actually lose in the general election. She's that bad at campaigning.
                    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                      It's far too easy to shorten the statement for the purpose of creating sound bites.
                      The rest of her speech could've been the Emancipation Proclamation, or King's "I Have a Dream", or the Sermon on the Mount, or all three rolled together; but, only that sound bite will live on in today's world.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Some had Farrah Fawcett posters, some had Shawn Cassidy posters, Rover had this.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

This is odd.

... and yet I have never heard of him doing a stupid thing until just now.
                          It may still be odd, but it is no longer theory or "about to". He just did it.

Another has joined ... The Empire ...
                          Last edited by The Sicatoka; 09-23-2016, 04:53 PM.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                            It may still be odd, but it is no longer theory or "about to". He just did it.
                            If tD loses, TC sets himself up for 2020 by being not the candidate of disunity. If tD wins, TC becomes Justice Ted.
                            CCT '77 & '78
                            4 kids
                            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Sometimes the cash eventually comes full circle. http://bipartisanreport.com/2016/09/...mpaign-panics/

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                                Sometimes the cash eventually comes full circle. http://bipartisanreport.com/2016/09/...mpaign-panics/
                                This isn't on any other site, as much as I'd love it to be.
                                Cornell University
                                National Champion 1967, 1970
                                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Working...
                                X