This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Campaign 2016 Part XIX: Escape from the Planet of Debates

Can anyone translate this for me? Anyone?

-monitor polls, he hears things about certain spots
    -movies aren't that good anymore
    -the apprentice was tremendous??
    http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2016/10/02/trump_rambles_about_movies_tells_supporters_to_wat ch_voters_in_certain_areas.html

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slate...ain_areas.html
      It means October 9th will be amazing TV.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
      iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
      gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
      Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
      Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
      TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
      DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2016/10/02/trump_rambles_about_movies_tells_supporters_to_wat ch_voters_in_certain_areas.html
        I restored an ice rink in 6 months for $2.25 million after the city spent 6 years and $13 million farting around. Let Hillary top that!

I build BUILDINGS! I employ THOUSANDS of men and women building and managing my holdings! Let Hillary top that! What has she built! Has she fired anyone?! I have - by the thousands! All she does is cause them to disappear!

I can NEGOTIATE! I get the best deal for my companies! What deals has Hilary made that haven't backfired in this country?! She's an amateur!

I am the BEST CANDIDATE EVAH!!!! She's only a woman to me!
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids
        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

And "You don't send me flowers anymore!"

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/cl...rticle/2603412
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids
          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
            It means October 9th will be amazing TV.
            Its going to make the SNL debate skit look tame...I mean anything is possible! He could just say "F it!!!!" throw the mic down, moon the audience and walk out!!!
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
              Its going to make the SNL debate skit look tame...I mean anything is possible! He could just say "F it!!!!" throw the mic down, moon the audience and walk out!!!
              I'd pay money to see him pull an Everett/Rome bit at the debate.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                Only if she goes over the chair at him as in The Incident.
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                  As sad as it is, I still respect Drumpf more than Jim Rome. Rome is no talent hack who is a secondrate Howard Stern wannabe and doesnt have the sack to actually fight anyone. He is that whiny little d-bag hockey player that gets in the big guys face then runs and hides behind bigger players. Plus his show always sucked

At least tDonald is fun to watch in a "NASCAR Accident Waiting to Happen" kind of way
                  "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                  -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                  -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                  -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slate...ain_areas.html
                    I think he's actually lost it:

At one point, Trump said Clinton did the bidding of her donors and gave away jobs of Pennsylvanians but people probably don’t realize it, and, hey aren’t movies awful these days? “You’re unsuspecting,” Trump said. “Right now, you say to your wife: ‘Let’s go to a movie after Trump.’ But you won’t do that because you’ll be so high and so excited that no movie is going to satisfy you. Okay? No movie. You know why? Honestly? Because they don’t make movies like they used to—is that right?”
                    Double-u tee eff?

Comment

Doesn't look good for the Senate. She's going to be the most anemic President ever.
                      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                        Doesn't look good for the Senate. She's going to be the most anemic President ever.
                        So we can now bank on winning the Senate?
                        -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

I hope so.
                          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Somewhere between 50-54% chance right now.

Edit: holy crap. As I was adding the link the new numbers came out, and they jumped to 54-62%.

WI, IL, IN all look safe R --> D. If Hillary wins, we need to win any two seats of these other four that are toss-ups: NV (currently blue) and PA, NH, NC (red). Currently we are on pace to take PA and NH. That would bring the Senate to 50-50, with Caine the happy warrior breaking ties.
                            Last edited by Kepler; 10-03-2016, 08:11 AM.
                            Cornell University
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Even for a Republican, this is impressive.
                              Cornell University

Comment

Sh !t, when even Scooby has thrown in the towel on this concern trolling/Trump love, you know he's doomed. Just as some poster has been saying all along. Can't think of that guy's name...

There is no way the GOP holds the Senate with a Trump loss. Kirk, Johnson, Toomey and Ayotte are done in that event. If Hillary wins NC, Burr is done as well. I can't make sense of NV (is Trump running stronger or are polls just undercounting Hispanics) or Indiana (Bayh really still that popular). Then there's the races in FL, MO, and AZ if Trump really starts getting killed.

I think we have a couple more weeks to go to look at polling for the Senate. By mid-October we're going to get a good sense of how far Trump disease has spread. If by that time Burr, Rubio, McCain and Blunt are STILL locked in margin of error races, that's a problem because they would have run out of time to define their opponents as unacceptable, sorta what Portman has already accomplished in Ohio. Then their fate lies with The Trumpster!
                                Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Working...
                                X