This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
    Looks legal. It boggles the 99%, but folks, welcome to the life of the rich and famous.

If you don't like it, change the tax code.
    Oh I don't doubt it is legal but if it's still shady...plus it begs the question what is he hiding now ?
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Re: Campaign 2016 Part XIX: Escape from the Planet of Debates

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
      I don't have to like it, but what Trump did was most likely legal. 1995 was a year where he was still operating under the terms of all the debt restructuring deals he made with his creditors in the early 90s, and he was under intense scrutiny at the time. When he made his final trip to bankruptcy court about a year later, the people auditing him admitted they had gone through all of his submissions with a fine-tooth comb, and couldn't find anything wrong with his financial statements, or any of the deals he had made.

Tax lawyers - gotta love 'em.

He doesn't want anyone to see the returns, because he knows the media will jump all over the narrative that he didn't pay any personal income taxes for almost 20 years (or longer). And that will lead to further investigations into his debt restructuring deals, thereby keeping the story of his bankruptcies in the news. In case you haven't figured it out by now, Trump doesn't like it when negative stories about him come out.
      Because it kills his whole "Hillary doesn't care about you because look at all of the jobs that have left" story. While they have been paying good money towards taxes, money they could have put towards retirement or college for their kids, money they have been paying so they get basic services like roads and schools, money they would happily pay as part of the social contract to provide for these basic services, he has been making 100x times them yet paying squat. It's one thing to make more money then them, more power to him if he can accomplish that, but then to pay nothing while they are sacrificing for it, when he wouldn't even notice the money gone, is something the Hillary campaign needs to hit and hit and hit again. If you get that message right, they don't care how much of a paper loss he took one year, he's still living in his solid gold condo and flying everywhere, yet they're still giving good things up to provide for the basic society we need to live in, and he's not paying a penny. His whole message is he will get back at the people living high of the hog while they work and get nowhere. If it looks like he's one of those people, then that basically kills the entire message of his campaign.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
      iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
      gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
      Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
      Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
      TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
      DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
        ...Oh I don't doubt it is legal but if it's still shady...plus it begs the question what is he hiding now ?
        This could also apply to the emails and the pneumonia that featured Hillary.

As for the latter part of my comment, if she just came out and said, "Yup, pneumonia. Trying to push through, but can't do it." Ok, cool. Crap happens. But she didn't. So what else is she going to try and hide?

Obviously playing a bit of devil's advocate here, and not trying to fully equate specific things. Just general "what is (candidate) willing to hide?"
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Awkwaaaaaaard: https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...72609627394049

KDR

gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."

Comment

More awkward: https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...66856624668672

KDR

Comment

The exact sort of Trump voter we all fear.

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                "Trickle down destroyed the middle class and drove so many of you into poverty that you no longer make enough to pay taxes."

Yeah, that's a winning GOP message.
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                  That's the sort of PERSON we all fear. That is a pure nutcase. Jesus.
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                  Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                    That's the sort of PERSON we all fear. That is a pure nutcase. Jesus.
                    True, however authoritarian and far right movements have appealed to people like this throughout history. That's dangerous juju those guys play around with.
                    Cornell University
                    National Champion 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

That is brilliant!

And Brent, lying about pneumonia and lying about your taxes are not exactly equal
                      Last edited by Handyman; 10-01-2016, 11:24 PM.
                      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

This is happening now, and it's ****ing glorious: https://twitter.com/hashtag/LastTime...Taxes?src=hash

My favorite: https://twitter.com/casatino/status/782412832264577025 Oh 1996, what a funny year in retrospect. I was 13 at the time so I guess it felt normal. But in the rear view it was the most 90s year of the 90s, sort of a weird fever dream of a year that drifts farther and farther away ever year.
                        Last edited by French Rage; 10-01-2016, 11:23 PM.

KDR

Comment

This is happening now, and it's ****ing glorious: https://twitter.com/hashtag/LastTime...Taxes?src=hash

My favorite: https://twitter.com/casatino/status/782412832264577025 Oh 1996, what a funny year in retrospect. I was 13 at the time so I guess it felt normal. But in the rear view it was the most 90s year of the 90s, sort of a weird fever dream of a year that drifts farther and farther away ever year.
                          God bless Twitter!

I love the "LastTimeTrumpPaidTaxes Clinton played saxes!" with a picture of Bill on Arsenio
                          Last edited by Handyman; 10-01-2016, 11:28 PM.
                          -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

"#LastTimeTrumpPaidTaxes the only famous Kardashian was the one defending OJ"

#LastTimeTrumpPaidTaxes Brenda and Dylan were still an item.
                            #LastTimeTrumpPaidTaxes Charles was in Charge.
                            #LastTimeTrumpPaidTaxes Ross hadn't cheated on Rachel yet
                            #LastTimeTrumpPaidTaxes Blockbuster was encouraging its patrons to be kind and rewind.
                            Last edited by Handyman; 10-01-2016, 11:34 PM.
                            -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                              "#LastTimeTrumpPaidTaxes the only famous Kardashian was the one defending OJ"

Ross and Rachel we're ON A BREAK!

KDR

Comment

"#LastTimeTrumpPaidTaxes I got kicked off the Internet when the phone rang."
                                "#LastTimeTrumpPaidTaxes we still called the Internet the "World Wide Web."
                                "#LastTimeTrumpPaidTaxes email was still a curiosity, Frank Sinatra was still alive, no one had heard of Monica Lewinsky & I had lots of hair"
                                -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X