Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gear Grinding 7: Really? This crap again?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Gear Grinding 7: Really? This crap again?

F*ing computer f*ing died and the f*er isn't even 5 years old. Ugh madface
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
      Try cleaning it out, checking stuff like the CPU fan.
      U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
      Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
      I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
      But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
      Originally posted by Doyle Woody
      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
        My hard drive took a **** about 4 days after the 90-day warranty was up. That was $300 that I didn't need, I guess.
        FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

My computer drank two fingers of bourbon...had to shop for a new one. Why must every laptop/2-in-1 have a keyboard for infant hands?

I honestly was more upset about the wasted bourbon...it was good stuff :/
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Did all the tricks. Was getting blue screen of death this morning......came home later to deal with it and couldn't even get to that point. I will be honest, this was only my 3rd comp in 22 years or so. ButI now have a new one, just setting it up now. /postingfromKindle
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
              My computer drank two fingers of bourbon...had to shop for a new one. Why must every laptop/2-in-1 have a keyboard for infant hands?

I honestly was more upset about the wasted bourbon...it was good stuff :/
              Executive order?
              I was told there would be no math...

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                What brand?

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                  What brand?
                  Asus. Only lappys I've dealt with. My first one lasted about 7 years or so. Just a beast. I was just mad about this last one, because I didn't put it through as much as my first lappy, and it died quicker. When I bought my new one, the salesguy asked about any other models/what I use it for, and I told him, he said "Yup, Asus is what you want."

Comment

Asus. Only lappys I've dealt with. My first one lasted about 7 years or so. Just a beast. I was just mad about this last one, because I didn't put it through as much as my first lappy, and it died quicker. When I bought my new one, the salesguy asked about any other models/what I use it for, and I told him, he said "Yup, Asus is what you want."
                    MY tech guy swapped out my failed hard drive with a solid state one, and this thing has run like a top ever since.
                    FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

SSD technology is the best thing to ever happen to HDDs - no more magnetic storage platters that require moving parts to read/write. Not to mention, it makes computers whisper-quiet. Only noise now comes from fans, and even those not are as big of a deal as they used to be, as most of us move to laptops.

I'm going on 6 years with this laptop. It was a custom build from a company whose owners unfortunately (for me) just retired back in January. Been looking at my options, because I know this one's days are probably numbered.
                      Last edited by FadeToBlack&Gold; 06-10-2017, 08:07 PM.

Comment

Asus is quality. Even their cheap crap is pretty decent.

Dell is okay for home, but their real strength is business.

HP is hit or miss, mostly miss lately.

Avoid Lenovo. They got busted for openly pre-installing spyware on their laptops.

I'm on an Acer all-in-one (the compact units that look like a giant monitor.) It's been meh. Probably wouldn't buy again.
                        Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
                          Asus is quality. Even their cheap crap is pretty decent.

Dell is okay for home, but their real strength is business.

HP is hit or miss, mostly miss lately.

Avoid Lenovo. They got busted for openly pre-installing spyware on their laptops.

I'm on an Acer all-in-one (the compact units that look like a giant monitor.) It's been meh. Probably wouldn't buy again.
                          You Techies were the ones that clued me in on Asus. The salesperson (all three times now), wondered, "wait, how did you hear of Asus?"

Comment

Originally posted by melmac View Post
                            Executive order?
                            1792 Single Barrel.
                            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                              1792 Single Barrel.
                              Not knowing Bourbon and having missed the start of this it looked like mel was asking about Executive orders and your answer was a 1792 single barrel rifle.

Comment

I knew I should have bolded the part about the tiny hands...
                                I was told there would be no math...

Comment

Working...
                                X