Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gear Grinding 7: Really? This crap again?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Gear Grinding 7: Really? This crap again?

I recently bought a toaster at Target. Now Target wants me to buy 30 more of them. Are they trying to tell me that the last one they sold me is a giant piece of ****?
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

You could make a lot of toasted **** sandwiches that way.
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Posting pics on a FB team page. The post starts to do really well and then I get prompted to boost my post. Um. If it is doing so well why would I do that? Not to mention I wouldn't spend a dime to boost a post anyway.

Comment

Downtime at work. Either our machines are breaking or no one is picking up the tanks we've washed, covered, and put out for pick up by the departments who need them.
          Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
          "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
          Patreon for exclusive writing content
          Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
            I got lucky that someone designed an algorithm to monitor for card fraud, otherwise I'd have to clear up about $1000 in false charges made yesterday and today. The problem for me is that I now have to wait until next week before I can easily spend money again, and I'll have to re-assign my payment method for many of my monthly bills.
            Yeah I love that they are able to catch it but it is such an inconvenience having to fix everything after
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

When people say "360" to describe turning around. No, the correct number is 180, a turn-around, or about face. To go 360 is to make a full circle and return to where you were./
              "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

My boss may be book smart, but he came from a corporate office writing policy. All of us underneath him think he's in WAY over his head.

Comment

"We apologize for the inconvenience." GRR!
                  "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

"We apologize for the inconvenience"

That is almost insulting, I'd prefer you not say anything at all. Some poor underpaid overworked staffer with no authority shoved in front of angry people in a pathetic attempt to deflect their anger so that the actual people responsible for the mess can skate by untouched.

"We just left you trapped in a long sealed metal tube for three hours with a hundred other people in the dark with no ventilation and no working bathrooms. We apologize for the inconvenience."

We could start a meme with that corporate / government callousness.

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post

That is almost insulting, I'd prefer you not say anything at all. Some poor underpaid overworked staffer with no authority shoved in front of angry people in a pathetic attempt to deflect their anger so that the actual people responsible for the mess can skate by untouched.

"We just left you trapped in a long sealed metal tube for three hours with a hundred other people in the dark with no ventilation and no working bathrooms. We apologize for the inconvenience."

You in PHL?
                      Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                      Originally posted by Quizmire
                      mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                      MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                      MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                      I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post

Only if we can add, especially after being on hold for half an hour, "Your call is important to us."

Comment

So I go to a concert, wasn't TOO crazy about it but FlagDUDETTE wanted to go, and they were quite decent. What grinds my gears, you ask?

One: You are there to enjoy the concert, NOT TO PLAY ON YOUR ELECTRONIC DEVICES! I'm trying to take in the show, and there's this zombie just playing on the device making it incredibly distracting to pay attention. I do wish it were legal to jam RF (both cell AND wifi) inside concert halls, and that the venues would actually do that. It's even worse when they're sticking it up to record the thing, which they had announced is strictly prohibited. You can't take the time to enjoy it the first time around, why the hell should you enjoy it afterwards?

Two: If you have to get up, DO IT BETWEEN SONGS OR MOVEMENTS! There's nothing worse than having your experience interrupted by some wasted ***** that can't control her bladder, and then loudly claims how she didn't pay for the tickets, so that makes her somehow entitled to be a rude little ****, especially after spilling beer on the lovely person I accompanied and having her smell like Budweiser for the rest of the night.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                            So I go to a concert, wasn't TOO crazy about it but FlagDUDETTE wanted to go...
                            Next time, tell her to go by herself, cuck.

Comment

Co-workers who don't do any work. There are three of us in tank wash, and two of us went on break. When I got back, all the tanks in the room were re-arranged, , but nothing had been cleaned. This guy has done this to us before. So, next one on one with the boss, I will bring this up.

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
                                Co-workers who don't do any work. There are three of us in tank wash, and two of us went on break. When I got back, all the tanks in the room were re-arranged, , but nothing had been cleaned. This guy has done this to us before. So, next one on one with the boss, I will bring this up.
                                A suggestion....when you discuss with boss, do not position it as a complaint about the co-worker; instead, frame it as if you are asking the boss for advice on how to handle the situation: "Boss, I need your help and your advice. I'm not sure what to do here, what are our protocols on how I am supposed to respond to a situation like this?" or something along those lines.

Many people like to be asked for assistance, it helps them feel better about themselves. and many bosses get inured to hearing people complain about co-workers and tune it out. So you can get the boss to be receptive first and then have him help you solve the problem instead of having him tune you out and say "tough, deal with it."

Just a thought.

Comment

Working...
                                X