Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gear Grinding 7: Really? This crap again?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dxmnkd316
    replied
    Re: Gear Grinding 7: Really? This crap again?

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    Yep. They have that **** covered! They got me my visa to travel to India too, and that was in like 3 days.
    And when I called they couldn't get an appointment until 7/31. Worthless. Absolutely worthless.

So I made an appointment with the State Dept on 7/24.
    Last edited by dxmnkd316; 07-18-2017, 09:02 AM.

Leave a comment:

• bigblue_dl
    replied

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    My manager enlightened me on the ways of CIBT. 2-7 days is nothing. They offer same day passport service if necessary .
    Yep. They have that **** covered! They got me my visa to travel to India too, and that was in like 3 days.

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied

Is that new? I definitely never did anything in person for my first passport, and that was the one I got in 5 days.
    My manager enlightened me on the ways of CIBT. 2-7 days is nothing. They offer same day passport service if necessary .

Leave a comment:

• bigblue_dl
    replied

We use CIBT. But regardless, with me going out of town and having a passport over 15 years old, I'm almost certainly going to have to apply in person at the Mpls State Dept.
    Is that new? I definitely never did anything in person for my first passport, and that was the one I got in 5 days.

Leave a comment:

• hockeyplayer1015
    replied

Took all sorts of woodworking/welding classes in high school. Interested me, was easy as "elective" courses, and gave me life skills that will always be useful even if I rarely need it. Usually took 1 each year (woodworking freshman yr, welding/metal sophomore, set design (for the school play) was in there another year, basically an advanced woodworking class.

We had home ec in middle school. Cooking and sewing.

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied

Doesn't your company use a service like CIBT to deal with travel documents? When I needed my passport done quickly, I just sent all of the information, and the picture, to CIBT, my company paid them some expedited fee, and they sent a passport in like 5 days.

http://cibtvisas.com/passports
    We use CIBT. But regardless, with me going out of town and having a passport over 15 years old, I'm almost certainly going to have to apply in person at the Mpls State Dept.

Leave a comment:

• bigblue_dl
    replied

So there was some discussion at work at week ago (give or take) about sending someone from our group to Germany for a business trip on August 7th. I said I was available but my passport was expired and would need to get a new one. Well, I follow-up again thinking that another person was selected and I'm told that I'm being sent. I don't have flight info yet, I don't have hotel, and I need to find all of my citizenship papers.

It grinds my gears for three reasons:
    1. Why couldn't my boss follow-up or let me know when she made that decision?
    2. Why oh why didn't I follow-up again?
    3. I'm leaving out of town tomorrow night. That means I'm going to have to make an appointment at the State Dept. downtown either tomorrow or when I get back from Michigan. Tomorrow is going to be a complete scramble. Monday is going to be really pushing my luck for timing.
    Doesn't your company use a service like CIBT to deal with travel documents? When I needed my passport done quickly, I just sent all of the information, and the picture, to CIBT, my company paid them some expedited fee, and they sent a passport in like 5 days.

http://cibtvisas.com/passports

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied

So there was some discussion at work at week ago (give or take) about sending someone from our group to Germany for a business trip on August 7th. I said I was available but my passport was expired and would need to get a new one. Well, I follow-up again thinking that another person was selected and I'm told that I'm being sent. I don't have flight info yet, I don't have hotel, and I need to find all of my citizenship papers.

It grinds my gears for three reasons:
    1. Why couldn't my boss follow-up or let me know when she made that decision?
    2. Why oh why didn't I follow-up again?
    3. I'm leaving out of town tomorrow night. That means I'm going to have to make an appointment at the State Dept. downtown either tomorrow or when I get back from Michigan. Tomorrow is going to be a complete scramble. Monday is going to be really pushing my luck for timing.

Leave a comment:

• bigblue_dl
    replied

Catching up, since I've been MIA for months. People really can't us a washing machine, and we think we should teach them? This should be like a life test, if you can't figure out how to use a ****ing washing machine yourself, you maybe deserve to have to wear stinky, dirty clothes.

All of that stuff, I was taught some of it, the more advanced stuff, but like working on cars, I never took a class, never was taught by my dad. I just figured it out. It is called problem solving. Learning how to figure stuff out is WAY more important than the individual thing you figure out.

Leave a comment:

• Jimjamesak
    replied
    Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
    As my uncle would say- are they paying you? If they are say thanks.
    Money isn't everything, he could've used those hours enjoying something. I've been there, sometimes you'd rather be at home.

Leave a comment:

• MissThundercat
    replied

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
    They pay me, but I wish the overtimes would have us do more. Today was only 3.5 hours; when there's something to do, we at least go 6. $120 > $70.
    Last edited by MissThundercat; 07-15-2017, 09:00 PM.

Leave a comment:

• leswp1
    replied

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
    Being called in for overtime at work when there was hardly anything to do. Got there at noon, finished the tanks that were in the room by about 2, cleaned meat spatter off the wall for a half-hour, went to break for 40 minutes, came back and found no new tanks.

Honestly, if they want us to work overtime, make sure we have something to do. It's not a job where we can shuffle papers and look busy.

Leave a comment:

• MissThundercat
    replied

Being called in for overtime at work when there was hardly anything to do. Got there at noon, finished the tanks that were in the room by about 2, cleaned meat spatter off the wall for a half-hour, went to break for 40 minutes, came back and found no new tanks.

Honestly, if they want us to work overtime, make sure we have something to do. It's not a job where we can shuffle papers and look busy.

Leave a comment:

• Jimjamesak
    replied
    Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    Remember the events of June 17, 1994, and you'll get it right in the future.
    Ridin' South On A White Bronco was a trophy/achievement in Red Dead Redemption. You had to evade cops while riding a certain horse. Still funny.

Leave a comment:

• leswp1
    replied

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    Remember the events of June 17, 1994, and you'll get it right in the future.
    Hahahahahaha!!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X