X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Campaign 2016 Part XVIII: I'm OK, You're Deplorable

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    If North Carolina is gone then Wisconsin is a lock. Look at the numbers.. Either both are in play or neither. Just because they elected stupid people as their reps doesnt mean they vote that way all the time. Look at the nimrods we vote in. We didnt vote for Dubya despite voting for TPaw and Bachman.
    Fine. Have it your way. NC is in play. I'm betting it goes Red though. Us voting in Tpaw or Bachman in a ultra red district are different than the systemic elections of North Carolina and Wisconsin. Thank God by the way.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
      You last sentence, "the Great Unwashed", is a problem.
      She's already made an emotion appeal toward (at?) them ... calling them "deplorable".
      The Deplorables are real, whatever their percentage (I think it's close to a quarter of the country which, yeah, makes 50% of Trump's supporters). They aren't who we are appealing to -- they've been straight ticket GOP since Strom Thurmond flipped. We're not getting them.

Thing is, nobody knows better than other rural whites what racist losers the Deplorables are. Every guy at my work has a brother or an in-law who lays on his couch collecting government cheese and forwarding white supremacist memes. One epiphany I had working here in Working Class Hero Whoville is that when rural white people with jobs b-tch about "a culture of dependency" and "welfare mothers," they aren't thinking about black people, they're thinking about their sad sack white trash neighbors.

Those are the people who Hillary needs to make an emotional appeal to. It doesn't have to be sincere -- Mein Gott, Trump obviously has nothing but contempt for the Junior League Gestapo he has been stirring up. Those poor rubes will be the first to go when Trump gets his tiny hands on the Tantalus Field. So Hillary needs a heartland appeal -- just enough to peel off maybe 5% of the sane white rural vote that doesn't want to vote for this bloviating sack of carcinogenic Cheetos but doesn't see an alternative. At this late date it has to build off something that already exists, so I suggest she basically tell the wives on Tobacco Road that if elected she'll use the justice department to rigorously pursue domestic violence cases. I imagine Emma Sue and Mary Lou are tired of getting punched in the face whenever Cletus gets too much Bud Light in him.
      Last edited by Kepler; 09-23-2016, 10:54 AM.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
        If North Carolina is gone then Wisconsin is a lock. Look at the numbers.. Either both are in play or neither. Just because they elected stupid people as their reps doesnt mean they vote that way all the time. Look at the nimrods we vote in. We didnt vote for Dubya despite voting for TPaw and Bachman.
        How you could have supported Bachman as much as you did is still a complete mystery to me. We Wisconsinites have been utter idiots recently in state and local elections but pretty sane in POTUS voting. And when we replace Johnson with Feingold we will be on our way back.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
          How you could have supported Bachman as much as you did is still a complete mystery to me.
          Ultra Red district. They wouldn't vote Blue no matter who the Red Rep is.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
            Ultra Red district. They wouldn't vote Blue no matter who the Red Rep is.
            Every state has these. VA is going to go Hillary by 10 points, and we have districts where a fridge draped in the confederate flag would get 70% as long as it had an (R) on it.
            Cornell University
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
              Every state has these. VA is going to go Hillary by 10 points, and we have districts where a fridge draped in the confederate flag would get 70% as long as it had an (R) on it.
              I hope so. Although I heard this morning and in Krystol's article that Virginia is in play as well. Trump has all the X-Factor on his side.

Comment

To quote Eddie Murphy, "There's some rules, I got some rules when I show down and I do my standup, I got rules and ****."
                The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

... draped in the confederate flag ... had an (R) on it.
                  According to you that's the same thing only different, isn't it?
                  The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Yep. All the rules are in his favor. And the best part is he never follows the rules anyway and no one will care except some liberal pundit on MSNBC who will tear into a crying fit about it. Trump wins.

Comment

I hope so. Although I heard this morning and in Krystol's article that Virginia is in play as well.
                      Well that's nonsense. VA is trending bluer every election: we've got a huge influx of highly educated people and we're becoming more racially diverse. But even when you just look at our Republicans, we have entire counties of Beltway Republicans who are ten times more scared of Trump than I am. They think he's going to blunder in like a Sumatran Orangutan and f-ck up their carefully calibrated scams.
                      Cornell University

Comment

Well that's nonsense. VA is trending bluer every election: we've got a huge influx of highly educated people and we're becoming more racially diverse. But even when you just look at our Republicans, we have entire counties of Beltway Republicans who are ten times more scared of Trump than I am. They think he's going to blunder in like a Sumatran Orangutan and f-ck up their carefully calibrated scams.
                        Well, maybe I'm just having a bad dream then. I can hope.

Comment

I believe it was early last December when Jeb! started to crack, that my Dad very presciently stated."If it comes down to Hillary and Trump, they oughtta put it on Pay-per-view."

Pretty fly for an old white guy.
                          Originally posted by WiscTJK
                          I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                          Originally posted by Timothy A
                          Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Yep. All the rules are in his favor. And the best part is he never follows the rules anyway and no one will care except some liberal pundit on MSNBC who will tear into a crying fit about it. Trump wins.
                            Are they "pool cameras" or does each network bring in their own?

If each has their own, I predict:

- FoxNews will show the narrow, two candidates and moderator's head, shot where it's clear Trump is a foot taller for at least 15% of the debate
                            - MSNBC will only show the wide, Bob Uecker view, or the low side stage closer to Hillary shot where the difference in height is masked by angles and perspective

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                              I believe it was early last December when Jeb! started to crack, that my Dad very presciently stated."If it comes down to Hillary and Trump, they oughtta put it on Pay-per-view."

Pretty fly for an old white guy.
                              Like I've called it: "Monday Night Fight Night"

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

NC is in play. I'm betting it goes Red though.
                                My guess is you are right. NC is having a mini-KS heart attack right now. Their statewide government is significantly more conservative than the state itself through whatever combination of luck and skill, so the state is having an allergic reaction to its own elective choices. That's fine, but when the rest of the country starts pointing fingers that's when people go into Tribal Pride Mode and retrench. Combine that with the Charlotte nastiness and the state probably curls up into an authoritarian ball for long enough to deliver red. Down the line, though, NC is VA minus ten years. UNC and RTP are pulling in liberals from all over the country. It is only visiting the Dark Side.
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X