This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Campaign 2016 Part XVIII: I'm OK, You're Deplorable

If anyone has real money to put on this contest, you're not going to get a better return on Hillary than you will today.
    Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
    USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
      You misspelled "meme" as "story."
      In today's politics, there's a difference?

There's the Trump meme: Inept, failed, racist businessman that'll have nuclear weapons!
      There's the Clinton meme: Sick-old, lying crook.
      The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
        If anyone has real money to put on this contest, you're not going to get a better return on Hillary than you will today.
        The people sitting with Trump bets from 18-24 months ago, when he was a 150:1 longshot, are starting to get that "really, it might come in?" look on their faces. (Or else they're ****ed because they bought the bet on a drunk dare and threw the stub away the next day. )
        The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Do people really think Hillary can win North Carolina with that Governor and this guy:

The representative, Robert Pittenger, a Republican whose district includes parts of Charlotte, was interviewed on a British Broadcasting Corporation show, BBC Newsnight, when he made the comment.

Protesters in #Charlotte "hate white people" - North Carolina Congressman Pittenger tells #newsnight https://t.co/q6ELYD01QV
          — BBC Newsnight (@BBCNewsnight) Sept. 22, 2016

In response to an interviewer’s question about the demonstrators’ grievance, Mr. Pittenger said: “The grievance in their mind is the animus, the anger. They hate white people because white people are successful and they’re not. I mean, yes, it is, it is a welfare state. We have spent trillions of dollars on welfare, and we’ve put people in bondage so they can’t be all that they are capable of being.”
          http://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/24/us...smtyp=cur&_r=0

Seems pretty obvious to me what kind of folks North Carolina want in power.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
            Do people really think Hillary can win North Carolina with that Governor and this guy: ...

Seems pretty obvious to me what kind of folks North Carolina want in power.
            If Trump showed up in NC (not Charlotte, maybe Raleigh) and said you folks have the right to run your state your way ... ouch.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
              If Trump showed up in NC (not Charlotte, maybe Raleigh) and said you folks have the right to run your state your way ... ouch.
              Well, looking like Ohio is going Trump. North Carolina is gone. Colorado is in play. Iowa is gone. Wisconsin is even more in play than Colorado. Florida is even more in play than Wisconsin. Explain to me how Hillary has it in the bag again?

And after Hillary blows the debate by destroying him with complex facts and command of the issues. **** that 75% of the electorate doesn't give a **** about. This race is all but over.
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Wow, that's from someone who plans to vote for her? That's harsh.
                It's his evaluation of the average voter as being motivated by broad themes, symbolism, and appeals to emotion. There is probably a lot of truth to that.

Put it this way: on matters of fact and policy, I literally can't think of a single reason not to vote for Hillary. But I also can't easily summarize Hillary in broad emotional/symbolic language.

Obama and Bill were "hope." Reagan was and now Trump is "I'm all out of bubble gum." Those themes energize and attract people. What does Hillary put out there to attract people? "Experience and competence" last worked for Ike, and he had other advantages, like winning a godd-mn world war. The closest she comes is "face it, pumpkin -- you have no choice." At that's true and in the end it will, FSM willing, carry the day. But it's not something you chant at a rally.

Obama and Reagan said "come to the dentist to brighten your smile!" Bill and Trump said "come to nail the hot hygienist!" Hillary is saying "come or in four years you'll need a root canal." And she's right. But man it's a downer.
                Last edited by Kepler; 09-23-2016, 08:50 AM.
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Well, looking like Ohio is going Trump. North Carolina is gone. Colorado is in play. Iowa is gone. Wisconsin is even more in play than Colorado. Florida is even more in play than Wisconsin. Explain to me how Hillary has it in the bag again?

And after Hillary blows the debate by destroying him with complex facts and command of the issues. **** that 75% of the electorate doesn't give a **** about. This race is all but over.
                  How's the Walker Presidency working out?
                  Cornell University
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
                    That's probably true.
                    Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                      How's the Walker Presidency working out?
                      I hope you're right. I'm still trying to figure out how he got elected three times in Wisconsin. Course, then I see Trump winning Wisconsin and I no longer wonder.

Comment

But I also can't easily summarize Hillary in broad emotional/symbolic language.
                        Worse for Hillary?

Trump has two slogans (love 'em or hate 'em they're there):

- MAGA
                        - Build the wall

Both are playing to his base.

That's what Hillary is missing. "Stronger Together" ain't doing it.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Worse for Hillary?

Trump has two slogans (love 'em or hate 'em they're there):

- MAGA
                          - Build the wall

Both are playing to his base.

That's what Hillary is missing. "Stronger Together" ain't doing it.
                          She also has/had "I'm with her." which evidently isn't/didn't work either.

Comment

Hillary is saying "come or in four years you'll need a root canal." And she's right. But man it's a downer.
                            That reminds me of an article written about Hillary a while back where someone in her campaign commented on her stodgy, over-attention to semantic detail. They characterized it by saying if Hillary had been involved, the catchy "If you see something, say something" campaign it would be "If you see or believe something incorrect is occurring, alert the proper local authorities."

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

She also has/had "I'm with her." which evidently isn't/didn't work either.
                              You mean this epic fail with the faux masculinity? <-- I'm pretty sure the "dude" from that ad is in this*.

*The other version.
                              Last edited by The Sicatoka; 09-23-2016, 09:08 AM.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Bill "founder of the Never Trump" Krystol's mouthpiece, "The Weekly Standard" actually put this out?

Electoral Mapmaking: Five paths to victory for Trump.

A Trump line from the article that I hadn't seen before:
                                "It used to be, cars were made in Flint and you couldn't drink the water in Mexico. Now the cars are made in Mexico and you can't drink the water in Flint."
                                Last edited by The Sicatoka; 09-23-2016, 09:30 AM.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Working...
                                X