X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Campaign 2016 Part XVIII: I'm OK, You're Deplorable

Well, they would know.

In 2012, 71 percent of the $160 million that Jewish donors gave to the two major-party nominees went to President Obama’s re-election campaign; 29 percent went to Mitt Romney’s campaign, according to our analysis of campaign contributors, which used a predictive model to estimate which donors are Jewish based on their names and other characteristics. This ratio of support mirrors how Jewish voters cast their ballots in 2012.

So far in 2016, of all the money given to major-party candidates by donors who appear to be Jewish, 95 percent has gone to Hillary Clinton and just 5 percent has gone to Donald Trump.
    This probably doesn't help, either.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Rover View Post
      I'm convinced there was some vaccination or something the environment back in the day that causes people in their 60's and 70's to think this way.
      It's called racism. These dolts are nostalgic for the 50s when they could say the n-word without repercussions.

Comment

It turns out one of the candidates is for taking your guns away: https://***********/SopanDeb/status/...&ICID=ref_fark

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
        iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
        gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
        Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
        Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
        TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
        DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Wow this plan is stupid for so very many reasons: https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...&ICID=ref_fark

One of the recurring themes of Donald Trump’s national security strategy is his plan to “take the oil” in Iraq and from areas controlled by Islamic State (Isis) extremists. It would drain Isis’s coffers and reimburse the US for the costs of its military commitments in the Middle East, the candidate insists
          There's the international law issue:

As a security strategy, this presents huge problems from almost every angle, according to military, strategic, legal and oil experts. First of all, there are issues of principle and legality. Trump’s frequent invocation of the “spoils of war” seems to hark back to a bygone age of conquistadors and plunder-based imperialism, illegal now under the laws of war.

“In international law, you can’t take civilian goods or seize them. That would amount to a war crime,” Anthony Cordesman, the Arleigh Burke chair in strategy at the Centre for Strategic and International Studies. “Oil exports were almost the only Iraqi source of money. So you would have to pay for government salaries, maintain the army, and you have triggered a level of national animosity far worse than we did. It would be the worst kind of neo-colonialism. Not even Britain did that.”
          There's the part where he has no idea where oil actually is:

Trump may also have an exaggerated notion of how much oil is at stake when he suggests it might have helped pay for the Iraq occupation. The Iraqis he said “have among the largest oil reserves in the world, in the entire world”. Iraq is estimated to have the fifth biggest reserves, but the bulk of that oil is not under Isis’s control.
          Advertisement

“The territory that [Isis] holds just does not have much oil under it,” said Jim Krane, an energy studies fellow at Rice University’s Baker Institute for Public Policy in Houston. “In Iraq, most of the Iraq oil reserves are in the far south, around the Persian Gulf. There is some in the Kurdish north, but the Kurds swept in and took that area near Kirkuk.
          There's the whole need for a massive number of Trump to do this, from a guy who claims he always thought the original invasion was a bad idea (he didn't):

“It would take close to 100,000 troops plus the equipment, the airborne patrols, to secure the oilfields and extract the oil,” Harmer said. “Theoretically it would suck up all the deployable assets we have. Forget about the Pacific, forget about Africa. They would just have one purpose – sucking up oil assets in the Middle East.”

The military footprint would have to be even larger to actually get the oil out.

“You’d have to occupy most of Syria to get the oil out of the country, since the Syrian export pipelines travel from the oilfields in eastern Syria all the way to the Mediterranean coast, right across the central breadth of the country,” Krane said.

“It wouldn’t do you much good to just capture the oilfields. If you wanted to steal the oil, it would take a full military occupation of Syria to control the full length of the pipelines, so you could move the oil to market. At a minimum, that would mean occupying the city of Homs in central Syria, as well as the main Syrian oil terminals at Banias and Tartus. All that is in addition to occupying rebel-held areas such as Deir ez-Zour where the oilfields lie.”
          But really my favorite is the really detailed concept of "take the oil". You know, it's just sitting there, so you go in, grab it, place it into a few planes, and you're out of there. It's certainly not something you would need to spend years and years pumping:

Nor would be it be an in-and-out deployment. When he says “take the oil”, Trump clearly has the reserves in mind. That would take years.

“There is no physical way you can take oil reserves any faster than you can pump the oil,” Cordesman said.
          So the businessman's plan to pay for the old costs involves a new setup where whatever we gain is more than outweighed by the costs of infrastructure, transport, and thousands upon thousands of troops. Got it.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
          iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
          gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
          Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
          Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
          TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
          DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
            Wow. Never heard of this reference before but this is incredible.

http://research.calvin.edu/german-pr...ive/story2.htm
            Yeah...fun stuff huh.

Crazy thing is, that isnt even the worst thing I heard about how Europeans convinced people to hate Jews in the past. They used to put Jews in jail for desecrating the sacrament...which was basically the Jews "supposedly" would destroy Communion wafers. Nothing like serving a prison sentence for breaking a cracker

Of course it is no different here...when Jacob Wetterling went missing the local Neo-Nazis spread rumors that the Jews killed him to, and I quote, "use his blood in the creation of Matzoh". For those of you who dont know what Matzoh its like a saltine cracker only twice as dry...
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
              Yeah...fun stuff huh.

Crazy thing is, that isnt even the worst thing I heard about how Europeans convinced people to hate Jews in the past. They used to put Jews in jail for desecrating the sacrament...which was basically the Jews "supposedly" would destroy Communion wafers. Nothing like serving a prison sentence for breaking a cracker

Of course it is no different here...when Jacob Wetterling went missing the local Neo-Nazis spread rumors that the Jews killed him to, and I quote, "use his blood in the creation of Matzoh". For those of you who dont know what Matzoh its like a saltine cracker only twice as dry...
              The most amazing thing about that Poisonous Mushroom story is that I didn't know that was used back then and I've heard Mike Huckabee and now Donald Trump Jr. use the analogy for Immigrants. Huckabee I heard do it on a cable news show where the mushrooms were peanuts. Donald Jr. of course was skittles. A lot of people blow it off but when you put it into historical context, well. The historical parallel is staggering.
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

The most amazing thing about that Poisonous Mushroom story is that I didn't know that was used back then and I've heard Mike Huckabee and now Donald Trump Jr. use the analogy for Immigrants. Huckabee I heard do it on a cable news show. The historical parallel is staggering.
                I know...they arent even trying to hide it.
                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

The most amazing thing about that Poisonous Mushroom story is that I didn't know that was used back then and I've heard Mike Huckabee and now Donald Trump Jr. use the analogy for Immigrants. Huckabee I heard do it on a cable news show where the mushrooms were peanuts. Donald Jr. of course was skittles. A lot of people blow it off but when you put it into historical context, well. The historical parallel is staggering.
                  Build a wall. They're raping our women. Favorite color white.

How many red flags do we need?
                  Last edited by Kepler; 09-22-2016, 03:28 PM.
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                    So the businessman's plan to pay for the old costs involves a new setup where whatever we gain is more than outweighed by the costs of infrastructure, transport, and thousands upon thousands of troops. Got it.
                    Welp, he does claim he has a Yuuuugggggeeee plan to put people back to work.

So, with all the red flags being raised, the talk of detaining and/or deporting certain ethnic groups, what is Trump's stance on the transportation industry, specifically, railroads?
                    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                      Welp, he does claim he has a Yuuuugggggeeee plan to put people back to work.

So, with all the red flags being raised, the talk of detaining and/or deporting certain ethnic groups, what is Trump's stance on the transportation industry, specifically, railroads?
                      Well when I saw him speak he said railroads were how illegals and terrorists were coming here...so there is that.
                      -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

I know...they arent even trying to hide it.
                        On the upside, the US isn't scheduled to host the Olympic Games until potentially 2024 (if LA is selected).

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Well when I saw him speak he said railroads were how illegals and terrorists were coming here...so there is that.
                          Wait... how they're *getting* here? No discussion of using trains to make them leave?

That makes Trump less of a fascist dictator and more of a comedic foil from a western movie.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post
                            Wait... how they're *getting* here? No discussion of using trains to make them leave?

That makes Trump less of a fascist dictator and more of a comedic foil from a western movie.
                            "There must be some sort of legal precedent, let's see...land seize...see snatch..."

Comment

Next thread title: "The Year of Voting Dangerously"
                              CCT '77 & '78
                              4 kids
                              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post

No he stayed away from deporting them on trains...I believe that is what Drumpf Airlines is for
                                -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X