• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Campaign 2016 Part XVIII: I'm OK, You're Deplorable

Ouch.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
      Not even counting all the hot tail he got.
      We know Kep is jealous
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
        We have been saying to do that for months. The Drumpfers are fumbling the ball almost every snap dont just tackle them take the ball and run with it ****it!

BTW when i read that I think of Old Pio...which is why I never liked him
        Last edited by Handyman; 09-22-2016, 12:29 PM.
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

omfg
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
            Well, she's sorta right. there ain't no racism as long as those darkies remember their place, and stay there. Once they go and start getting themselves elected as leader of the free world, that's just way too uppity.
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lfInFVPkQs
            Cornell University
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
              And the Globe article is blocked...

A Donald Trump county campaign chair in Ohio has resigned and apologized after claiming racism didn’t exist before President Obama in an online interview published Thursday.

Trump’s Mahoning County campaign chair Kathy Miller made the comments to the Guardian in a taped interview outside of a county Republican picnic.

“I don’t think there was any racism until Obama got elected. We never had problems like this. You know, I’m in the real estate industry. There’s none. Now, with the people with the guns and shooting up neighborhoods and not being responsible citizens, that’s a big change and I think that’s the philosophy that Obama has perpetuated on America,” Miller said.

“If you’re black and you haven’t been successful in the last 50 years, it’s your own fault,” she added.

Miller apologized for the remarks in a statement released by the Trump campaign in Ohio Thursday.

“My personal comments were inappropriate, and I apologize. I am not a spokesperson for the campaign and was not speaking on its behalf,” she said, according to the statement. “I have resigned as the volunteer campaign chair in Mahoning County and as an elector to the Electoral College to avoid any unnecessary distractions.”

Miller was set to serve serve as an elector if Trump wins Ohio.

During the Guardian interview, Miller also said African Americans have “all the advantages” when it comes to education and said they only have themselves to blame if they haven’t achieved success in America.

She said African Americans aren’t finishing high school and are having children out of wedlock.

“I mean, when do they take responsibility for how they live? I think it’s due time and I think that’s good that Mr. Trump is pointing that out,” she said.

The comments were part of a video series produced by the Guardian to highlight “overlooked” areas of the country. Following the interview, Miller told the reporter he should “get off” the topic of racism.

“If people have jobs and go to work and do what they’re supposed to do, there’s is no racism,” she said.

Told by the reporter that African Americans might disagree with her, she replied “that’s because they’re not going to work.”

When asked whether she thought people might find her remarks offensive, she said, “I don’t care, it’s the truth.”

The comments were published just a day after Trump sought to court African-American voters in Ohio, amid persistent complaints of racial insensitivity. On Wednesday, the Republican candidate held an event at a predominantly black church in Cleveland Heights and told the attendees he “fully understand[s] that the African-American community has suffered from discrimination and many wrongs must be made right.”

Trump’s Ohio event came just days after he acknowledged that President Obama was indeed born in the United States — contrary to the conspiracy theories he helped stoke for the past five years questioning Obama’s birth origin. Trump’s leadership role in the discredited “birther’’ movement was considered by many to be a racially motivated attempt to undermine the legitimacy of the country’s first black president.

Polls have consistently shown Trump polling in the low single digits — and even as low as zero — with African-American voters.

The Trump campaign did not immediately respond to request for comment.
              Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                A Donald Trump county campaign chair in Ohio has resigned and apologized after claiming racism didn’t exist before President Obama in an online interview published Thursday.

Trump’s Mahoning County campaign chair Kathy Miller made the comments to the Guardian in a taped interview outside of a county Republican picnic.

“I don’t think there was any racism until Obama got elected. We never had problems like this. You know, I’m in the real estate industry. There’s none. Now, with the people with the guns and shooting up neighborhoods and not being responsible citizens, that’s a big change and I think that’s the philosophy that Obama has perpetuated on America,” Miller said.

“If you’re black and you haven’t been successful in the last 50 years, it’s your own fault,” she added.

Miller apologized for the remarks in a statement released by the Trump campaign in Ohio Thursday.

“My personal comments were inappropriate, and I apologize. I am not a spokesperson for the campaign and was not speaking on its behalf,” she said, according to the statement. “I have resigned as the volunteer campaign chair in Mahoning County and as an elector to the Electoral College to avoid any unnecessary distractions.”

Miller was set to serve serve as an elector if Trump wins Ohio.

During the Guardian interview, Miller also said African Americans have “all the advantages” when it comes to education and said they only have themselves to blame if they haven’t achieved success in America.

She said African Americans aren’t finishing high school and are having children out of wedlock.

“I mean, when do they take responsibility for how they live? I think it’s due time and I think that’s good that Mr. Trump is pointing that out,” she said.

The comments were part of a video series produced by the Guardian to highlight “overlooked” areas of the country. Following the interview, Miller told the reporter he should “get off” the topic of racism.

“If people have jobs and go to work and do what they’re supposed to do, there’s is no racism,” she said.

Told by the reporter that African Americans might disagree with her, she replied “that’s because they’re not going to work.”

When asked whether she thought people might find her remarks offensive, she said, “I don’t care, it’s the truth.”

The comments were published just a day after Trump sought to court African-American voters in Ohio, amid persistent complaints of racial insensitivity. On Wednesday, the Republican candidate held an event at a predominantly black church in Cleveland Heights and told the attendees he “fully understand[s] that the African-American community has suffered from discrimination and many wrongs must be made right.”

Trump’s Ohio event came just days after he acknowledged that President Obama was indeed born in the United States — contrary to the conspiracy theories he helped stoke for the past five years questioning Obama’s birth origin. Trump’s leadership role in the discredited “birther’’ movement was considered by many to be a racially motivated attempt to undermine the legitimacy of the country’s first black president.

Polls have consistently shown Trump polling in the low single digits — and even as low as zero — with African-American voters.

The Trump campaign did not immediately respond to request for comment.
                I'd hang on to that one. That's one helluva White Privilege Bingo card.
                Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                  Wow...the sad thing is that the person isnt trying to hide anything or lie, they are just so flipping dumb they truly believe that to be true. Drumpf supporters say crap like this all the time...even Mayor 9/11 talked about how domestic terrorism is because of Obama...

Where is Howard Dean when we need him...this should be the Democratic Party's wet dream the Drumpfers cant stop themselves from saying ignorant things the Dems should be buying every second of media time and be front and center on every show making people remember this crap!!

Thanks for posting
                  -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

I'd hang on to that one. That's one helluva White Privilege Bingo card.
                    I need a way of describing supporters of his like that, but I can't think of one. All I know is I find what they are saying very dislike-able. Nah, dislike isn't strong enough of a word. I need a word stronger than dislike. Whatever that word may be, they are thatword-able. I'm sure it will come to me.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                    iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                    gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                    Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                    Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                    TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                    DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Wow...the sad thing is that the person isnt trying to hide anything or lie, they are just so flipping dumb they truly believe that to be true.
                      I've heard plenty of conservative whites make almost every one of those statements over the years. I'm sure these same people go to church every Sunday and bask in their rectitude.

No matter what we do, a third of this country will forever be stone knives and bear skins.
                      Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                        I need a way of describing supporters of his like that, but I can't think of one. All I know is I find what they are saying very dislike-able. Nah, dislike isn't strong enough of a word. I need a word stronger than dislike. Whatever that word may be, they are thatword-able. I'm sure it will come to me.
                        Deplo---
                        Cornell University

Comment

I've heard plenty of conservative whites make almost every one of those statements over the years. I'm sure these same people go to church every Sunday and bask in their rectitude.

No matter what we do, a third of this country will forever be stone knives and bear skins.
                          Yeah I know a few like that...it is one thing to be born stupid but to be willfully moronic makes you a waste of resources.

That article should be quoted in every ad, on every bus, on every sign post and in response to any tweet about Clinton/Dems in Ohio now to election day. It should be on the post boards of every black church, in every grocery store and in every mailbox in minority communities in Ohio as well with a reminder to register to vote.
                          -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Chris Hayes Nails it!
                            -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

I'm convinced there was some vaccination or something the environment back in the day that causes people in their 60's and 70's to think this way.

More seriously for some reason people of this age group seem to buy into this conservative sh !t. Otherwise normal people who never felt this way 20 years ago will come out with the most ridiculous beliefs. Who wouldn't though life is so easy being born poor and black in this country?
                              Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Wow. Never heard of this reference before but this is incredible.

http://research.calvin.edu/german-pr...ive/story2.htm
                                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Working...
                                X