X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Campaign 2016 Part XVIII: I'm OK, You're Deplorable

Wouldn't you know it......

Take Jack Bauer and send him to Cornell and all he wants to do is build section 8 housing for everyone
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
      You'd sue the golf course. And you'd lose, which is why this guy with a million dollar claim agreed to drop the case if the other side made a charitable donation.

You guys still haven't explained exactly why the club would sabotage the event (as the insurance company with $1 million on the line claims). The club and organizers had no exposure if someone got a hole-in-one. I'll hang up (again) and wait for that answer.
      The club and the organizers have liability if they set up a hole-in-one contest that someone wins, but they negligently set it up in a manner that the insurance will not cover it. . Again, the insurance company is paid to cover their loss; the guy would still have a claim for a million from the course and/or the charity who actually put on the contest.

There are plenty of reasons the guy may have settled for 15 cents on the dollar even with a valid claim. Absent the insurance, the course and/or charity might not have the funds to pay out a million; the guy might not have wanted the years delay going through a full suit and appeals; litigation expenses could have eaten into the majority of the damages awarded at trial versus an early settlement. Who knows for sure.

You still haven't explained why you seem to think its ok that trumps charity paid out a business loss.
      Last edited by unofan; 09-21-2016, 10:08 PM.

Comment

So This Guy Is Not Mincing Words About Drumpf and His Voters

And I thought I was angry

Oh and Joss Whedon Made This Video
        Last edited by Handyman; 09-21-2016, 11:02 PM.
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
          Both awesome. Thanks for sharing.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

I loved the article. The video? I love and understand what was behind it, but when they started joking about Mark Ruffalo doing a nude scene in his next movie if you voted, they lost me. Not because I don't want to see a nude Mark Ruffalo, but it was a powerful video until they made it all jokey. It could've been so much more. This is the kind of stuff that bothers me. The idea behind it was strong, the execution missed its mark, IMO.

Comment

It doesnt matter if it was sabotaged (it wasnt) it matters that when he settled he used the charity to pay off the settlement which is not ok. He chose to settle and then violated tax law with how he paid it off.
              Stop bringing logic into a discussion with a Trump apologist.
              Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Incredible how Martin Sheen sounds more presidential than any of the candidates we've seen over the past two years.
                What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                  I loved the article. The video? I love and understand what was behind it, but when they started joking about Mark Ruffalo doing a nude scene in his next movie if you voted, they lost me. Not because I don't want to see a nude Mark Ruffalo, but it was a powerful video until they made it all jokey. It could've been so much more. This is the kind of stuff that bothers me. The idea behind it was strong, the execution missed its mark, IMO.
                  But more people will probably go out and vote just to see Mark Ruffalo nekkid than they will bother to actually educate themselves on the issues and what's at stake.

Congress, Supreme Court? Meh.

Mark Ruffalo's dik? Oh, hell yeahs.

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
                    Incredible how Martin Sheen sounds more presidential than any of the candidates we've seen over the past two years.
                    Martin has walked the Camino de Santiago. The others haven't.
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids
                    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Since the video was so super serious they went for the comic relief with the Ruffalo thing. Like most comic relief it won't work for everybody.
                      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                        I can't imagine an actor in the White House....

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

Comment

Well to be fair, you are not the target audience of the video. If you want to get disenfranchised younger people involved you need to go serious but insert just the right about of humor or they will most likely tune out. Plus the look on Ruffalos face was hilarious

This Drumpf Charity thing is not going away which surprises me. I think the media finally is starting to smell blood in the water. I think there is going to be renewed calls for his tax records because this info was found in the tax info of the foundation. They gotta be thinking about all the illegal and crazy stuff they can find...

edit: Maybe what I read last week was right that the "birther lie" was a bridge too far...
                          Last edited by Handyman; 09-22-2016, 09:16 AM.
                          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Hillary's interview with Zach Galifianakis is pretty spectacular.
                            Originally posted by dicaslover
                            Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
                            Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

There was something last week where Drumpf had an event but they barred all the media from it, except for the pool cameras, or something. But along with the cameras, the pool has a designated reporter or producer who accompany them. So the Trump campaign made a big issue, and basically manhandled that producer from going in with the rest of the pool. So that got the network media all upset, and they refused to broadcast any of the pool footage.

The other thing that's got the media pizzed, both broadcast and print, was the whole bait and switch announcement concerning birtherism. They were told it was gonna be a yuuuge, major announcement on the subject, but once there, it was nothing more that the Donald running down a list of new people who were supporting him, and then at the very end, his feeble little, "I now believe that Obama was born in the US", and then turning that into a smear on the Clinton campaign, and then he bails without taking questions. And also, since the WaPo ran that article about him paying off his legal fees with his Foundation's donations, Trump's been attacking them on Twitter big time.

So I think the media is finally started getting tired of being played for fools every time the Trump campaign snaps their fingers, and so has decided to become a little more suspect in their coverage of him.

Comment

This Drumpf Charity thing is not going away which surprises me. I think the media finally is starting to smell blood in the water. I think there is going to be renewed calls for his tax records because this info was found in the tax info of the foundation. They gotta be thinking about all the illegal and crazy stuff they can find...

edit: Maybe what I read last week was right that the "birther lie" was a bridge too far...
                                I think the problem wasn't the birther thing necessarily. The issue was Trump screwed the media into giving his hotel a free promo. Trump using the media is no problem as long as they're getting something out it, be it higher ratings or more clicks on a web-site. His bridge too far was using them in a way that they got nothing to show for their slavish devotion to him.

Comment

Working...
                                X