X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Campaign 2016 Part XVIII: I'm OK, You're Deplorable

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
    That's stereotyping, and stereotyping is wrong.
    Nope, it's math. Blacks are more likely than whites to be Democrats and blacks are more likely than whites to receive harsher sentencing for comparable offenses.

Jim Crow is fun!
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      Nope, it's math. Blacks are more likely than whites to be Democrats and blacks are more likely than whites to receive harsher sentencing for comparable offenses.
      Did you just stereotype the average felon as being black?
      The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Did you just stereotype the average felon as being black?
        No, I stereotyped the average jury and judge as being racist blue-eyed devils.
        Cornell University
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I needed to deal with some Social Security matters for a parent so I had to go to the Federal building (includes courthouse) in Fargo. I had to go through a metal detector and show valid identification to go up stairs to those offices. (Being a smart-alec I used my ND issued CCL which the guys laughed about because I know most of them from the local shooting range.)

Sorry, entering a public building and voting are pretty much citizen rights. Why ID for one and not the other. The guys at the door don't need to know who I am (although they did already).

What's the "good cause" for forcing me to show ID to go to an office?
          Because people have threatened (and have attacked) government employees, but not voting locations. Thus security.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
            Because people have threatened (and have attacked) government employees, but not voting locations. Thus security.
            Think about what you just said: You just gave the pro voter ID folks their solution.
            The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
              If you arent a convicted criminal and a citizen your ****ed right it is an absolute. right. And you know that Obvious Toll
              you realize if you use "if" then it is not absolute?
              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Wouldn't it be great if we all woke up tomorrow morning and Kep had been assigned to pick a forensic accountant to go over Trump's and Clinton's tax and foundation records from the last ten years and I'd been tasked to name a medical doctor to examine Clinton's and Trump's current health and last ten years of medical records. All findings due by October 10.

As much chance of that as the PowerBall ticket in my pocket coming in tonight ...

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Think about what you just said: You just gave the pro voter ID folks their solution.
                  Just more incentive for Billy Bob and Cletus to shoot up a city polling place some day. Just imagine how disruptive that would be, and how it would get lots of the right sort of people worried about exercising their voting rights?

It will probably happen eventually. Mix virulent talk radio and rural race hatred with genuine socio-economic panic, then add millions of guns and a "patriot" cosplay fetish. It's something of a miracle we have avoided the Dipsh-t Rebellion so far.
                  Last edited by Kepler; 09-14-2016, 08:15 AM.
                  Cornell University

Comment

Wouldn't it be great if we all woke up tomorrow morning and Kep had been assigned to pick a forensic accountant to go over Trump's and Clinton's tax and foundation records from the last ten years and I'd been tasked to name a medical doctor to examine Clinton's and Trump's current health and last ten years of medical records. All findings due by October 10.

As much chance of that as the PowerBall ticket in my pocket coming in tonight ...
                    We could require it by law, though. Not this Congress (the motto of this Congress is "Not this Congress") but someday.
                    Cornell University

Comment

• Re: Campaign 2016 Part XVIII: I'm OK, You're Deplorable

Some polling on health issues ... uh ... wat?

- 22 percent saying Clinton's health is "above average or excellent"; 36 percent saying the same for Trump.
                      - three in 10 people don't think she'd (Clinton) survive her first term due to health issues; two in 10 people think Trump wouldn't.
                      - 43 percent said Pence is prepared to serve, verses 38 percent who think Kaine is

http://theweek.com/speedreads/648698...-health-public

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                        Just more incentive for Billy Bob and Cletus to shoot up a city polling place some day.
                        So (in linked photo) which one is Billy Bob and which one is Cletus?

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

More about the health. And it's pretty sad when you have to turn to English media, because the American fan-girls will cover-up issues. http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/...dementia-claim

Comment

I needed to deal with some Social Security matters for a parent so I had to go to the Federal building (includes courthouse) in Fargo. I had to go through a metal detector and show valid identification to go up stairs to those offices. (Being a smart-alec I used my ND issued CCL which the guys laughed about because I know most of them from the local shooting range.)

Sorry, entering a public building and voting are pretty much citizen rights. Why ID for one and not the other. The guys at the door don't need to know who I am (although they did already).

What's the "good cause" for forcing me to show ID to go to an office?
                            And if everyone has equal access to an ID you have a legit point. They dont and that is why the courts keep slapping the rules down.

This isnt rocket science...
                            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                              you realize if you use "if" then it is not absolute?
                              Every citizen is born with the right. It has to be forfeited. It is absolute.

I know logic has never been your thing but stop day drinking it is making your nonsense even more ridiculous
                              Last edited by Handyman; 09-14-2016, 08:55 AM.
                              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                                More about the health. And it's pretty sad when you have to turn to English media, because the American fan-girls will cover-up issues. http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/...dementia-claim
                                You do know that slander is illegal correct?
                                -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X