X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Campaign 2016 Part XVIII: I'm OK, You're Deplorable

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    RCP No Toss-ups pushes FL to Trump.

Red means run, son. Numbers add up to nothing.
    Same map shows Drumpf barely holding Arizona (41.6 to 40) which would pretty much nullify Florida. Hell Georgia he only holds by 2...

But hey if Hillary gets 311 EVs like that map shows he can have Florida for all the good it will do him
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Just keep telling yourselves they're normal.
      Good lord...deplorable is too good a word for some of this scum.
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

This is why I don't think deplorables is going to hurt Clinton. It's a monkey trap, and Trump will reach in every time.
        Like I said after the Nevada speech...this is the stuff that needs to run until Election Day. Use his own words to bury him...he puts out enough ammo. Remind people how low he thinks of the average citizen and the country itself and make them decide whether they feel someone who seems disgusted by this country and its people should lead it. Make it a crisis of conscience...
        -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
          Like I said after the Nevada speech...this is the stuff that needs to run until Election Day. Use his own words to bury him...he puts out enough ammo. Remind people how low he thinks of the average citizen and the country itself and make them decide whether they feel someone who seems disgusted by this country and its people should lead it. Make it a crisis of conscience...
          Remind people that he (probably) doesn't believe half of what he says; just like every other politician. He's saying what he thinks voters want to hear. He's selling himself. His brand. His (whatever you want to call it).
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

This is why I don't think deplorables is going to hurt Clinton. It's a monkey trap, and Trump will reach in every time.
            I don't disagree with what Hillary said because of my personal biases, but isn't that ad basically a tu quoque fallacy? "Sure, I said it what my base is thinking, but he and his base say it 1000 times worse."

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
              As to the latter - horsefeathers. To repeat the argument, I need an ID to do a whole lot of things to prove I am who I say I am. Why should voting be different?
              Because there's zero proof not requiring it has presented a problem to any significantly measurable degree. None. Nada.

Comment

Abortion - well let's not go there (again). The chasm between the two views is very wide.

As to the latter - horsefeathers. To repeat the argument, I need an ID to do a whole lot of things to prove I am who I say I am. Why should voting be different?
                Because voting is a right.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                  Remind people that he (probably) doesn't believe half of what he says; just like every other politician. He's saying what he thinks voters want to hear. He's selling himself. His brand. His (whatever you want to call it).
                  With all due respect, I think you are guilty of another false equivalency here, Brent. These takes are not of politicians saying "I promise . . . .," when they know they will probably not be able to deliver, for whatever reason. These takes quote a guy saying hateful, embarrassingly immature shyt. If Trump's brand is hateful and embarrassingly immature, then Clinton should have used a word with uglier connotations than "deplorable."

The term Colin Powell recently used to describe Trump was "national disgrace," so perhaps that is a closer fit.

Comment

Maureen Dowd just made Mookie laugh... Described race as "who killed Jessica Rabbit" with tD a toon among humans

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                    Because voting is a right.
                    Not an absolute right
                    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

If there's an ID requirement to vote, then there should be a FREE state ID that is issued when you register to vote. If you have to pay for the ID just to vote, that is a poll tax, and is not legal at all. And if it takes special burden to get the ID, it's also a poll tax, as it should be just as easy to get the ID as it is to register to vote.

Still, the "requirement" of ID to prevent voter fraud is fixing a problem that does not exist. Which says what the point of the laws actually are.

Just like abortion laws "for the safety of women's health" that don't apply what so ever to child birth. Duh.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post

Not an absolute right
                        What so many are saying, mookie, is that you don't interfere with a right without good cause. And Slap is right in saying there is no credible evidence out there that voter fraud is a statistically meaningful factor in presidential elections. So why?

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post

Not an absolute right
                          If you arent a convicted criminal and a citizen your ****ed right it is an absolute. right. And you know that Obvious Toll
                          -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

I needed to deal with some Social Security matters for a parent so I had to go to the Federal building (includes courthouse) in Fargo. I had to go through a metal detector and show valid identification to go up stairs to those offices. (Being a smart-alec I used my ND issued CCL which the guys laughed about because I know most of them from the local shooting range.)

Sorry, entering a public building and voting are pretty much citizen rights. Why ID for one and not the other. The guys at the door don't need to know who I am (although they did already).

What's the "good cause" for forcing me to show ID to go to an office?
                            The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

538 tries to figure out the percentage of Trump supporters who are deplorable.

tl; dr: We don't have decent data yet, because there hasn't been good targeted polling of Trump supporters on their beliefs. But given that this race will probably set records for analysis when all is said and done, we will likely wind up with tons of raw data quantifying just how sexist, racist, Islamaphobic, homophobic and hateful in general Trump supporters are both themselves and as compared with the rest of the electorate.
                              Cornell University
                              National Champion 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Mentioning voting and absolute rights ...

... a court ruling upholding a ban on voting by ex-felons, who often register as Democrats.
                                That's stereotyping, and stereotyping is wrong. (Thank you Ron White. )

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/d1c61...ion-key-states
                                The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Working...
                                X