X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Campaign 2016 Part XVIII: I'm OK, You're Deplorable

Originally posted by joecct View Post
    Next thread title: "The Year of Voting Dangerously"
    The Queen of Pearl Clutching has you beat.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
      So, with all the red flags being raised, the talk of detaining and/or deporting certain ethnic groups, what is Trump's stance on the transportation industry, specifically, railroads?
      I could see him throwing a pander to his Randian allies. They love their ****ing railroads.
      Originally posted by dicaslover
      Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
      Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

I am watching the HBO movie on Truman (based on McCullough's) book...the way he has to deal with McCarthy and his bigotry/attacks is quite the parallel to what is going on today.
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

I don't think this sh-t ever works, but, trying at least.

And it reminds me of the greatest political ad in history.
          Cornell University
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
            And it reminds me of the greatest political ad in history.
            Totally disappointed this wasn't Lyndon Johnson's "Daisy" ad.
            “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
              Wow. Never heard of this reference before but this is incredible.

http://research.calvin.edu/german-pr...ive/story2.htm
              Despite what Chris Hayes would have you think, there is zero parallel between this poison mushroom story and the skittles analogy.
              Originally posted by WiscTJK
              I'm with Wisko and Tim.
              Originally posted by Timothy A
              Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                The Queen of Pearl Clutching has you beat.
                That's where I stole it from. Hey, I never claimed to be an originalist!
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids
                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                  Despite what Chris Hayes would have you think, there is zero parallel between this poison mushroom story and the skittles analogy.
                  There is a strong parallel in the overall idea: reducing humans to poisonous food.

But yes, the core of the analogy -- some of them are poison so would you risk eating them? -- is not the same as the Jewish mushrooms in which every one of them is poison.

Carrying the analogy out, though, and correcting it for the actual frequency involved -- we do this all the time. We let babies grow up even though some percentage of them will grow up to be murderers. Women, against all reasonable calculation of expected value, go out with men even though a vastly higher percentage of those men will wind up beating, raping, or killing them.

Yes, life is dangerous. Yes, some Syrian immigrants will be radicalized and some will even commit criminal or terrorist acts. But so will white people born here -- should we deport them? And the vast majority of Syrian refugees are huddled masses yearning to breath free, the main ingredient in America.
                  Last edited by Kepler; 09-22-2016, 05:11 PM.
                  Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                    No he stayed away from deporting them on trains...I believe that is what Drumpf Airlines is for
                    Instead of sending them back, maybe once they were put on the trains, they could be taken to some other place instead. A lovely little camp, or something........................
                    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                      You realize Chris Hayes isnt the one who came up with the parallel right?

And while I respect your opinion I am going to say you are wrong and just leave it at that. I know you wont agree so I feel like going further than that wont do us any good and will only inflame things.
                      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                        Instead of sending them back, maybe once they were put on the trains, they could be taken to some other place instead. A lovely little camp, or something........................
                        Hey America would never do that...I mean unless they are Japanese but come on they were asking for it
                        -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Who had 6 days in the birther pool?

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog/...&ICID=ref_fark

Today Trump didn't quite recant his recantation of birtherism. But in practice he did. When asked why he said President Obama was born in the United States he said this.

"Well, I just wanted to get on with, you know, we want to get on with the campaign. And a lot of people were asking me questions. And you know, we want to talk about jobs, we want to talk about the military. We want to talk about ISIS and how to get rid of ISIS. We want to really talk about bringing jobs back to this area because you've been decimated. So we really want to get just back onto the subject of jobs, military, taking care of our vets, et cetera."
                          So he doesn't say he believes it, just that he wanted people to stop asking him about his crazy crap.
                          Last edited by French Rage; 09-22-2016, 06:22 PM.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                          iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                          gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                          Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                          Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                          TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                          DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

I am sure he will tell us Hillary recanted first

In other news: Drumpf May Not Be Beholden to Wall Street But He Sure Is In Bed With Outside Interests In Other Countries

"KURT EICHENWALD: It’s huge.

I mean, it basically traces into virtually every major non-European area of the world. And when you have someone who has conflicts of interest in India and Azerbaijan, in Russia, in China, in Turkey, in — you know, the list just keeps going on and on and on — in the Philippines.

I mean, there was a point where I just had to stop, because I couldn’t keep — you know, I only had 5,000 words to tell this story, and the number of conflicts would go on — fill an a entire issue of “Newsweek.”

JUDY WOODRUFF: Well, what’s an example of a conflict? Because, among other things, you say Donald Drumpf is not a builder. You call him a licenser.

What does that mean?

KURT EICHENWALD: Well, for the last decade or so, Donald Drumpf hasn’t been building anything. He’s been on “The Apprentice” and he’s been selling his name, sort of like Hilton Hotels sells its name.

And so he’s been basically selling his name out to people who will pay him, without, apparently, a lot of due diligence into who these people are. I mean, a great example is, he has a deal right now with a fellow in Azerbaijan whose father is a major government official who has been identified by American intelligence as money laundering for the Iranian military.

So, you have now Donald Drumpf, if he’s president of the United States, he’s got conflicts in Azerbaijan, and he is somebody who his business partner’s father is linked to some pretty bad things.

What does he do? What’s his interest? How does he approach it?"
                            -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

"We like Donald Trump, cause he tells it like it is".
                              What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                                "We like Donald Trump, cause he tells it like it is".
                                Well he does when people dont rip him for it...when he goes too far he is "just being sarcastic" or "not being serious" or some such nonsense
                                -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X