X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Campaign 2016 Part XVIII: I'm OK, You're Deplorable

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    What this election should be about is what the policies of the United States should be and how to get there.
    Exactly and that should involve comparing the candidates positions on specific issues. But that would be way too politically correct for Con-Man Trump. That explains why when he announced his child care plan, instead of explaining why it is superior to Clinton's proposal (not gonna get much applause from that), he heaped praise on his daughter and lied about Clinton not having a plan and claimed she never will. And that's the "politically incorrect" device that his willfully ignorant supporter love to see. Light on substance and heavy on bashing Hillary, facts be ****ed.
    The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
      Complacency is going to be the death knell...if either side thinks they can sit back and wait things out they got another thing coming.
      You would think Hillary would have learned from 2008 but she hasnt...and now her campaign is starting to resemble the Houston Oilers in the 1993 playoffs...
      That is encouraging...lets see if it holds as more early ballots come in.
      Yes, it's encouraging, but you said it best just a few posts above: Complacency is going to be the death knell.
      “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
        Exactly and that should involve comparing the candidates positions on specific issues. But that would be way too politically correct for Con-Man Trump. That explains why when he announced his child care plan, instead of explaining why it is superior to Clinton's proposal (not gonna get much applause from that), he heaped praise on his daughter and lied about Clinton not having a plan and claimed she never will. And that's the "politically incorrect" device that his willfully ignorant supporter love to see. Light on substance and heavy on bashing Hillary, facts be ****ed.
        His child care plan wasn't family leave it was maternity leave. It's a complete farce.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
          Yes, it's encouraging, but you said it best just a few posts above: Complacency is going to be the death knell.
          Not directed at you but I'd throw out there that some people are confusing lack of panic with complacency and they aren't the same things. When Obama didn't panic during his races he was portrayed as cool and calm. When Hillary doesn't clearly its the lingering result of a head injury.

There's no need to panic. Use your superior GOTV operation to bank early votes. Start sending your surrogates out now that people are paying more attention to the race (the Obamas, Warren, Sanders, etc) and win the debates. That's the slow, steady but ultimately effective response, not peeing your pants whenever one poll goes against you. The fundamentals of this race remain the same. Either Dems turn out or they don't. That's entirely up to Dems to decide.
          Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Weird. Apparently 538 didn't get the memo that it's only old, white, uneducated racists that don't trust or like HRC.
            That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

When are the Republicans going to govern? None of them should be elected to anything until they do.

From Elizabeth Warren's Facebook.

Shutting down the government isn't very popular with the American people. You'd think the Republicans would've learned that by now. But here we are, weeks from an election, and Republicans are doing it again - once again threatening to shut down the government unless Congress and the President agree to neuter the SEC's ability to force public companies to disclose political contributions.

At this very moment, billions of dollars in secret dark money is flowing into our political system, trying to prop up Donald Trump and his Republican allies in Congress in November. So I understand that Mitch McConnell has billions of reasons to defend this rotten system. But if he thinks he can hold the government hostage in order to protect anonymous corporate donors who want to buy off politicians, he should think again.
              Here's the detailed article.

https://morningconsult.com/2016/09/2...-funding-bill/
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                Weird. Apparently 538 didn't get the memo that it's only old, white, uneducated racists that don't trust or like HRC.
                Try again Hovey. From the article:

"In the GenForward survey, black millennials reported voting for Sanders over Clinton 44 to 32 percent. The report also found that police brutality was the top issue for a plurality of black millennials, followed closely by racism, then education — all issues on which Clinton has issued policy positions. This reinforces a key finding of the Democratic strategy report: Many of the young black voters who are lukewarm about Clinton agreed with her policy proposals but either were not aware of them or, even more critically, were not aware of how often she had spoken out about issues like race and policing or had met with organizers like Mothers of the Movement, a group of black parents whose children were killed by police."

In short, young people are less engaged at this point in time than older people but Trump still has rock bottom approval ratings with them while they agree with Hillary on the issues they care about. This benefits him....how?
                Last edited by Rover; 09-21-2016, 11:25 AM.
                Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewir...&ICID=ref_fark

Trump's down with O-P-M.
                  Yeah you know him!
                  Trump's down with O-P-M.
                  Yeah you know him!

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                  iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                  gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                  Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                  Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                  TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                  DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

AP Fact Checks Drumpf's Birther Claims

Spoiler Alert: Him and His Spokespeople are lying out their butt.
                    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                      http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewir...&ICID=ref_fark

Trump's down with O-P-M.
                      Yeah you know him!
                      Trump's down with O-P-M.
                      Yeah you know him!
                      Yeah I saw that movie...Drumpf is no Danny Devito
                      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Yeah I saw that movie...Drumpf is no Danny Devito
                        I'm just glad his foundation isn't doing awful things like using 88% of its donations for programs or decreasing the cost of AIDs medication for 9 million people. That would be suspicious!

KDR

gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                          To my way of thinking, the worst thing about a Trump presidency is simply the loss of respect around the world that comes with doing something stupid. There is no question the rest of the world will look at us like, "really, Donald Trump? Jeebus." You know, it's kind of the same way we look at Maine or Texas right now. But that can be corrected.
                          The worst thing will be that Trump will try to rule as a king rather than govern as a president. And the worst part of a monarchy isn't the monarch, it's his Court. Trump himself could be mad King Ludwig, or he could be Ivan the Terrible, or, far the most likely, he'll be the hapless emperor in Amadeus. But with no oversight his Court will resemble Louis XIV's at Versailles: an unending stream of quacks, charlatans, and fellow con artists all competing for who can rip off the public treasury for the most while the republic itself is a ship without a helm. It will make FIFA look like Camelot.

A Trump administration will have a new Teapot Dome scandal every month and a new Watergate every two years.
                          Last edited by Kepler; 09-21-2016, 12:18 PM.
                          Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                            The worst thing will be that Trump rules as a king rather than governs as a president. And the worst part of a monarch isn't the monarch, it's his Court. Trump himself could be mad King Ludwig, or he could be Ivan the Terrible, or, far the most likely, he'll be the hapless emperor in Amadeus. But with no oversight his Court will resemble Louis XIV's at Versailles: an unending stream of quacks, charlatans, and fellow con artists all competing for who can rip off the public treasury for the most while the republic itself is a ship without a helm. It will make FIFA look like the Round Table.

A Trump administration will have a new Teapot Dome scandal every month and a new Watergate every two years.
                            I'm more worried about his diehard supporters if he gets in and cannot actually get anything he says done. The way he's gotten people worked to a froth, by just blaming groups but offering no actual solution, I don't know how much they will take nothing happening sitting down. Perhaps that an overreaction, but I would prefer not to have to find out.

KDR

Comment

I'm more worried about his diehard supporters if he gets in and cannot actually get anything he says done. The way he's gotten people worked to a froth, by just blaming groups but offering no actual solution, I don't know how much they will take nothing happening sitting down. Perhaps that an overreaction, but I would prefer not to have to find out.
                              No doubt brownshirts will be emboldened, and with the Department of Justice no longer pursuing civil rights cases we could see a significant upsurge in hate crime. Not to mention that the White House General Counsel and the Attorney General will now be enablers of voter suppression and opponents of the Civil Rights Act. Dr. Mrs. works for the Office of Civil Rights and Civil Liberties at DHS -- she'll be in the position of a doctor transferred to work under Mengele or a "fireman" in Fahrenheit 451. (I mean, no, she won't be -- she'll quit. But that is hardly consolation.)

You are right that when Trump is thwarted, particularly in one of his red meat promises like Duh Wall or mass deportations, all the elements are there for massive social unrest. Trump will obviously never accept responsibility for selling his rubes a bill of goods, or for promising stuff that is by definition undeliverable, so he'll do what he always does: find an out group and blame them. Trump's support overlaps with people made crazy by decades of right wing nonsense propaganda, and keening to live out 3 Percenter, Millenarian, white power fantasies. When Trump says "we're gonna take this country back" he means from the Mexicans and the Muslims and the blacks and the feminists and especially those smarty-pants liberals.

About the only good that will come of this will be the gallows humor of watching CNN cover the pogrom. No doubt both siderism will be alive and well when debating whether to shoot leftist dissidents or try them first.
                              Last edited by Kepler; 09-21-2016, 12:17 PM.
                              Cornell University
                              National Champion 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I'm just glad his foundation isn't doing awful things like using 88% of its donations for programs or decreasing the cost of AIDs medication for 9 million people. That would be suspicious!
                                Yeah when a charity is ranked up there with UNICEF and The Red Cross you KNOW they cannot be trusted! I back the guy who makes up his own facts cause HE IS NEVER WRONG!
                                -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X