X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by alfablue View Post
    But why?

They don't actually kill jobs, the rules generally add highly skilled jobs to meet the rules. If jobs were lost, well, you were doing it wrong.
    Because the vocal minority tens of dozens that resists change is much louder than the millions who actually benefit from the EPA.

Kinda like the NPR comment section on their website. Millions of unique visitors a month, and their comments were dominated by a fraction of a percent of those readers.

Trump supporters = YouTube commenters.
    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Re: Campaign 2016 Part XVIII: I'm OK, You're Deplorable

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
      The EPA is one of few groups that could have lower public approval ratings than Trump, Clinton, or Congress. < gulp > Scoob is right.
      Then people are even dumber than Kepler gives them credit for...these are the same numbnuts that hate the FDA but then call for hangings when they get served spoiled meat and get sick. The uneducated are a virus much worse than Zika...

The WaPo article about Drumpf using charity money (possibly) illegally again should be the silver bullet but I get it gets zero play. Every day new evidence appears and no one seems to care. It is like high school sports stars who run lawless because the town would rather have a good team than do what is right only this is on a national scale.

Seriously, for all the "lies" we hear about with Clinton Drumpf beats them almost every day. People need to open their friggin eyes. Hate Clinton all you want but at this point it is either her or full blown insanity. 3rd party is just not a viable option either.
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
        But why?
        They don't actually kill jobs, the rules generally add highly skilled jobs to meet the rules. If jobs were lost, well, you were doing it wrong.
        Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
        Irrelevant. All that matters is how well the "campaign" has gone. The "campaign" waged against the EPA has been staggering, massive, and successful. You can put trickle down in the same box. It never ceases to amaze how well voodoo economics polls.
        You're both expecting politics to make sense. Wrong brain. You should have your logical brain to run your life and your political brain to process this other stuff.
        The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
          Honestly, part of it is because the EPA is perceived as out of touch bureaucrats living in Washington and not "upstate" America. Part of it is some of their actions. I'm not a big fan of how they pulled a bait-and-switch on the CPP for some states. The WOTUS is another case where their rules are troubling.
          This, coupled with industries using the EPA as a lame excuse to close factories and mines that weren't *as* profitable as they once were to move to a location more profitable.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

That's funny because if I do word association with most Americans and I say EPA the response I would get is "Job Killer". Been a pretty fantastic campaign by the GOP. Hell, look at how they got elected to power in Michigan and destroyed Flint's water supply without even so much as an EPA going, you're doing what?
            Have you actually done this word association or did you just pull that out of your arse?
            Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

The biggest thing I've learned from this election cycle while reading USCHO is someone needs to buy me a Washington Post subscription because I hit the monthly limit *way* to quickly. :P

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

You're both expecting politics to make sense. Wrong brain. You should have your logical brain to run your life and your political brain to process this other stuff.
                No, not politics. Policy. There was a time when policy was done despite politics. Now, policy only gets done with politics. See the difference? Utter and complete stupidity is now setting the POLICY of this country. It is why, despite the fact that there is consensus a lot of the time, that nothing ever gets fixed or logical compromises are never struck. Given more time it will be over.
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                  The biggest thing I've learned from this election cycle while reading USCHO is someone needs to buy me a Washington Post subscription because I hit the monthly limit *way* to quickly. :P
                  Do the two-for-one and give the the second.
                  The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

This, coupled with industries using the EPA as a lame excuse to close factories and mines that weren't *as* profitable as they once were to move to a location more profitable.
                    Yet, they were profitable. So, why close them? Why bring environment killing affects elsewhere when they have a perfectly working mine in place? This is again another example where government has failed us.
                    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

No, not politics. Policy. There was a time when policy was done despite politics.
                      So you see the conflict. Policy should be calmly logical --> logical brain. But now policy is overwrought by the politics --> political brain.

You're trying to do policy with the political brain. As I said .... wrong brain.

You're trying to do politics with the logical brain. Again ... wrong brain.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

No, not politics. Policy. There was a time when policy was done despite politics. Now, policy only gets done with politics. See the difference? Utter and complete stupidity is now setting the POLICY of this country. It is why, despite the fact that there is consensus a lot of the time, that nothing ever gets fixed or logical compromises are never struck. Given more time it will be over.
                        This is the most true thing Scooby has said in quite some time.
                        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Kinda sad that WaPo is the only paper giving a **** about it outside of a few editorials in the Times. The people are lazy and stupid so the media reacts in kind. At least a few TV people are trying...
                          -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Yet, they were profitable. So, why close them? Why bring environment killing affects elsewhere when they have a perfectly working mine in place? This is again another example where government has failed us.
                            Yup. I know of a couple coal plants in Scoob's state that are or are slated for shutdown due to CPP.

But the company still needed the electricity for its consumers. What'd they do? They "greenfielded" a new power station in ND.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Originally posted by Rover View Post
                              Have you actually done this word association or did you just pull that out of your arse?
                              Auto-answers thanks to Google:
                              Why the EPA
                              ... Is unconstitutional
                              ... Is bad
                              ... Should be abolished

Why does the EPA
                              ... Need guns
                              ... Hate diesel
                              ... Have a SWAT team

Why do the EPA
                              ... Why do we need the EPA
                              ... Why do conservatives hate the EPA
                              ... Why do Republicans hate the EPA

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Honestly, part of it is because the EPA is perceived as out of touch bureaucrats living in Washington and not "upstate" America. Part of it is some of their actions. I'm not a big fan of how they pulled a bait-and-switch on the CPP for some states. The WOTUS is another case where their rules are troubling.
                                All WOTUS does is define what water is covered by the clean water act. What's troubling about that? Farmers don't like it, but like any industry, they need to be responsible for the water that comes out of their industry. Tough.

And be a little more specific about the bait and switch for the clean plants. Not sure what you mean by that. Is it because coal is being left out in the cold? Or because it's regulating CO2?

BTW, EPA's regulation of CO2 was the result of them being sued because they were NOT regulating it. Courts were presented with evidence that excess CO2 was a bad thing, so they told the EPA to do something via the Clean Air Act. So they got control over it because someone demanded they get control of it. Not because they just wanted to.

As for the EPA- we are regulated by a group near us- not in Washington. We work together to come up with new regulations- as an industry.

If you want to have conflict with a group for the sake of conflict- go for it. But it's a whole lot easier to work with them.

Comment

Working...
                                X