X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Campaign 2016 Part XVIII: I'm OK, You're Deplorable

DailyKos is Not Happy With The MSM
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

This birther thing is so incredibly stupid, it's hard to fathom.

We are into the last few months of 8 years of Obama to be President. Given that the entire government has to be part of his being President- every single member of Congress plus all of the Supreme Court would have to be in on this whole thing. All of them. And this has been hidden so well that that they didn't know or that it's a giant conspiracy?

Seriously?

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post

Does NBC still owe Trump for his Apprentice brand? Between this and Matt Lauer's pre-debate sit down, they're pretty much Pro-Trump.
        Let's not forget Jimmy Fallon's literal fluffing of Trump last week.
        If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
          Meet The Press has now confirmed that Hillary started Birtherism.
          knew it!!!!

a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
            This birther thing is so incredibly stupid, it's hard to fathom.

We are into the last few months of 8 years of Obama to be President. Given that the entire government has to be part of his being President- every single member of Congress plus all of the Supreme Court would have to be in on this whole thing. All of them. And this has been hidden so well that that they didn't know or that it's a giant conspiracy?

Seriously?
            The most amazingly ridiculous aspect of the whole birther movement is why would his parents have faked the birth announcement in the local newspaper? Were they expecting that decades later he would want to run for president and they needed to make sure people would believe he was born here? That he was born to a U.S. citizen who live most of her life in this country before he was born assured him citizenship upon birth anyway, and for all but the few among us who think we could be president, what more do you really need? It isn't even settled law that birthright citizenship wouldn't have been enough in the first place. It's one of the dumbest conspiracies I have ever heard of. It's easier to believe we faked the moon landing, Oswald was a patsy AND the 1990 Oakland A's threw the world series to the Reds. In very early polling after Trump announced his run for the 2016 election, nearly 2/3rds of his supporters believed Obama was born outside the United States. If Hillary Clinton abandoned one of her defining issues or beliefs, how many people would she turn off? If she came out tomorrow as pro-life, or disavowed Obamacare, or adopted the NRAs stance on semi-automatic rifles wouldn't we expect to see a serious cratering of her poll numbers? Yet Trump throws away a belief he claimed to hold so deeply that at one time he promised to release his tax returns if Obama would produce his complete birth certificate. Of course Obama did just that but Trump, being the lying piece of stool sample he is reneged.

How anyone could vote for this talking, orange pile of unflushed diarrhea is beyond me. A bunch of rubes being taken to the cleaner by the modern reincarnation of Adolph Hitler.

Comment

• Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
              The most amazingly ridiculous aspect of the whole birther movement is why would his parents have faked the birth announcement in the local newspaper? Were they expecting that decades later he would want to run for president and they needed to make sure people would believe he was born here? That he was born to a U.S. citizen who live most of her life in this country before he was born assured him citizenship upon birth anyway, and for all but the few among us who think we could be president, what more do you really need? It isn't even settled law that birthright citizenship wouldn't have been enough in the first place. It's one of the dumbest conspiracies I have ever heard of. It's easier to believe we faked the moon landing, Oswald was a patsy AND the 1990 Oakland A's threw the world series to the Reds. In very early polling after Trump announced his run for the 2016 election, nearly 2/3rds of his supporters believed Obama was born outside the United States. If Hillary Clinton abandoned one of her defining issues or beliefs, how many people would she turn off? If she came out tomorrow as pro-life, or disavowed Obamacare, or adopted the NRAs stance on semi-automatic rifles wouldn't we expect to see a serious cratering of her poll numbers? Yet Trump throws away a belief he claimed to hold so deeply that at one time he promised to release his tax returns if Obama would produce his complete birth certificate. Of course Obama did just that but Trump, being the lying piece of stool sample he is reneged.

How anyone could vote for this talking, orange pile of unflushed diarrhea is beyond me. A bunch of rubes being taken to the cleaner by the modern reincarnation of Adolph Hitler.
              Anyone but Hillary (for example Joe Biden) and this race would be at 1972/1984 levels.
              CCT '77 & '78
              4 kids
              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                Anyone but Hillary (for example Joe Biden) and this race would be at 1972/1984 levels.
                And still, nobody has good reasons to hate Hillary. Especially in the face of what Trump says.

It seems to me that there's a large group of people who would have their heads explode if we had a black President followed by a woman President.

People are good a making crap up, and this is what I see happening.

Comment

And still, nobody has good reasons to hate Hillary. Especially in the face of what Trump says.

It seems to me that there's a large group of people who would have their heads explode if we had a black President followed by a woman President.

I applaud that we can actually have a black president, and (IMO) will have a female president. Just not the ones that are part of this particular discussion. Having said that, even though I don't like the president and presidential candidate...I'm proud that those demographics have succeeded, for lack of a better word. In many other countries, this isn't possible.
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                  Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                    And still, nobody has good reasons to hate Hillary.
                    There are plenty of good reasons to dislike Hillary. Just because they pale in comparison to the catastrophic faults in Trump doesn't mean that they don't exist.
                    If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

You are absolutely right. "Anyone but Hillary" is just an escape mechanism to allow conservatives to vote GOP despite knowing that their candidate is nothing more than a self-absorbed middle schooler. And judging by what Trump himself has said over the last 12 months, that is exactly what he is. One doesn't need to rely upon manufactured scandals to reach that conclusion.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                        There are plenty of good reasons to dislike Hillary. Just because they pale in comparison to the catastrophic faults in Trump doesn't mean that they don't exist.
                        This.
                        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                          This.
                          But the whole false equivalency thing is that her faults pale in comparison to Trumps, so much so that they are effectively irrelevant. It's Clinton v Trump, not Clinton v. someone else.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                            But the whole false equivalency thing is that her faults pale in comparison to Trumps, so much so that they are effectively irrelevant. It's Clinton v Trump, not Clinton v. someone else.
                            But her faults should not be excused, and I, like many others, are seeing that trend.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                              But her faults should not be excused, and I, like many others, are seeing that trend.
                              What do you mean excused? If a perceived fault will affect that candidate's ability to perform the job to such an extent that the other candidate is the better choice, vote the other candidate. It is that simple. Those who claim to admit Trump is the worst possible choice yet continue to focus on the standard LIAR mantra are just fondling their own confirmation bias looking for a way to vote GOP even though they know it is an absolutely moronic choice.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                                What do you mean excused? If a perceived fault will affect that candidate's ability to perform the job to such an extent that the other candidate is the better choice, vote the other candidate. It is that simple. Those who claim to admit Trump is the worst possible choice yet continue to focus on the standard LIAR mantra are just fondling their own confirmation bias looking for a way to vote GOP even though they know it is an absolutely moronic choice.
                                I'm more concerned with the "well, she's the less sh*ier candidate, so *shrug*." And also the "well, her faults aren't AS bad, even though the FBI basically busted her without busting her but OMG NOT AS BAD AS TRUMP'S FAULTS!

Her faults are still very bad. Trump just happens to blow her out of the water in that dept.

Comment

Working...
                                X