Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Drugs Thread I: "Cocaine is God's way of telling you are making too much money.”

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Drugs Thread I: "Cocaine is God's way of telling you are making too much money.”

I had some elective surgeries for which I was prescribed Percocet or Vicodin. I really wasn't affected all too much but what I realized, at least for me, was they don't assist with pain, but rather put you in some sort of state that you can't feel the pain. That's not what I want. I want something to alleviate the actual pain. I just took Advil.

Comment

Re: Drugs Thread I: "Cocaine is God's way of telling you are making too much money.”

800mg of ibuprofen wont hurt your liver too bad unless you do it like 6 times a day for a week straight.
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
        There's a bee keeper raising bees who feed off cannabis and make cannahoney. No idea if it works.
        My interest was piqued so I had to check it out. Don't know if it works but some of the products are expensive.

Voila.

http://www.cannahoney.com/
        A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
          800mg of ibuprofen wont hurt your liver too bad unless you do it like 6 times a day for a week straight.
          It was 3x a day for five. By then, meh, it was just a torn muscle in my shoulder at the base of my neck. The PT had built up enough other strength around it.
          The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

I thought it was acetaminophen that was hard on the liver and ibuprofen on the stomach.
            Code:
            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
            Originally posted by SanTropez
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
            Originally posted by Kepler
            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
              I thought it was acetaminophen that was hard on the liver and ibuprofen on the stomach.
              Ibuprofen is hard on the stomach for some (many?) people. I know one of those is metabolized by the liver while the other is metabolized by the kidneys. I won't pretend to know which is which.
              "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

He's correct about acetaminophen.

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                  Ibuprofen is hard on the stomach for some (many?) people. I know one of those is metabolized by the liver while the other is metabolized by the kidneys. I won't pretend to know which is which.
                  Nsaids, kidneys, gut
                  I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

NSAIDs damage the kidney mainly through reduced blood flow. It can (and often) has a concurrent effect with ACE-I (common...very good BP meds like lisinopril, captopril, etc) by acting on both the afferent and efferent blood flows from the kidney.
                    In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre, 'Au revoir, gopher'.

Originally posted by burd
                    I look at some people and I just know they do it doggy style. No way they're getting close to my kids.

Comment

DEA: how do you do, fellow kids?

Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

The maple leaf is a universal drug symbol? I knew never to trust a Canadian!

Comment

If there are parents that can’t understand emoji codes then those kids are on drugs for good reason.

All parents now are either millennials or really late Gen Xers who should easily understand that stuff.
                          U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                          Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                          I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                          But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                          Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                            If there are parents that can’t understand emoji codes then those kids are on drugs for good reason.

All parents now are either millennials or really late Gen Xers who should easily understand that stuff.
                            It's always evolving. By age 25 everyone is hopelessly out of it. This has been true since 25 was the life expectancy.
                            Cornell University
                            National Champion 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post

It's always evolving. By age 25 everyone is hopelessly out of it. This has been true since 25 was the life expectancy.
                              I'll disagree...

This is like someone in their 60s/70s refusing to use a computer or smartphone nowadays... You have to willfully go out of your way to avoid learning this stuff at this point in time. It's willful, self-induced ignorance.
                              It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post

I'll disagree...

This is like someone in their 60s/70s refusing to use a computer or smartphone nowadays... You have to willfully go out of your way to avoid learning this stuff at this point in time. It's willful, self-induced ignorance.
                                U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                                Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                                I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                                But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                                Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                                Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Working...
                                X