Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NFL 2016-17: Your Fantasy Team Will Suck This Year.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFL 2016-17: Your Fantasy Team Will Suck This Year.

With pre-season underway, and the regular season a couple weeks away, thought I'd get a thread going.
    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
    Patreon for exclusive writing content
    Adventures With Amber Marie

Re: NFL 2016-17: Your Fantasy Team Will Suck This Year.

When will Darth Goodell unleash, once again, the Death Star?
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
      When will Darth Goodell unleash, once again, the Death Star?
      After the first four weeks in the regular season.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Saw a picture last night on Twitter, $80 parking for the Rams.
        Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
          Saw a picture last night on Twitter, $80 parking for the Rams.
          Not an "off the grid" shot. It's $50 to park in the general admission lots for Bears games and "premium" lots (close and allow tailgating) going in the $80-100 range.
          It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
            Not an "off the grid" shot. It's $50 to park in the general admission lots for Bears games and "premium" lots (close and allow tailgating) going in the $80-100 range.
            That's ridiculous.
            Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Originally posted by icehawk View Post
              That's ridiculous.
              Par for the course. Going to an NFL game is by far the most expensive sports option out there. I'm in a very small minority, but the value of experiencing an NFL game live was passed long ago by just going to a lively sports bar that has NFL Sunday Ticket. I feel that I get way more out of my $60-70 experience at the bar than I would for $125+ in the stadium.

I keep waiting for that bubble to burst, but 'Murcia! likes their football-gasms.

Comment

Par for the course. Going to an NFL game is by far the most expensive sports option out there. I'm in a very small minority, but the value of experiencing an NFL game live was passed long ago by just going to a lively sports bar that has NFL Sunday Ticket. I feel that I get way more out of my $60-70 experience at the bar than I would for $125+ in the stadium.

I keep waiting for that bubble to burst, but 'Murcia! likes their football-gasms.
                I would much rather watch football at home or at a bar anyways. Save my money for Minnesota Wild games. Although I usually get my tickets for free for those games. More money for the 10 dollar beers.
                Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

$60 at the bar? Jebus. I get away with about $30-$40 (3-4 pints and some food), and that's with no credits/promos.

I've gone to maybe 4-5 football games in my life (IIRC, one Gophers WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY back in the day with my dad, a couple Bills-Vikes, and a Bucs-Vikes game). The tailgating was the most fun, just for the interaction with the fans/etc. Live football sucks. Too many stoppages, which you don't really notice at a bar, since there are 4-7 games on at once....
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                    $60 at the bar? Jebus. I get away with about $30-$40 (3-4 pints and some food), and that's with no credits/promos.

I've gone to maybe 4-5 football games in my life (IIRC, one Gophers WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY back in the day with my dad, a couple Bills-Vikes, and a Bucs-Vikes game). The tailgating was the most fun, just for the interaction with the fans/etc. Live football sucks. Too many stoppages, which you don't really notice at a bar, since there are 4-7 games on at once....
                    They made a study of how much time is actual action in an NFL game. I think it came to 11 minutes per team (22 minutes total).
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                      They made a study of how much time is actual action in an NFL game. I think it came to 11 minutes per team (22 minutes total).
                      I remember that, and no, it's not much action at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post

Meh. I figured top shelf everything and used "Chicago" prices. Definitely a YMMV situation. Point still stands however. Sports bar experience >>>> live game at a fraction of the cost.

Comment

Meh. I figured top shelf everything and used "Chicago" prices. Definitely a YMMV situation. Point still stands however. Sports bar experience >>>> live game at a fraction of the cost.
                          Gotcha. And agreed.

Comment

I'd be worried. She's clueless

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/lo...390325021.html
                            CCT '77 & '78
                            4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Absoute power corrupts absolutely

http://deadspin.com/report-nfl-banne...-ni-1785540189
                              CCT '77 & '78
                              4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Working...
                              X