Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NFL 2016-17: Your Fantasy Team Will Suck This Year.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NFL 2016-17: Your Fantasy Team Will Suck This Year.

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    Not really. Most of the nation hates either team. For the Pats, it's because of Bill B. For the Pack, it's the stereotypical fanbase.
    I'd like to see something to verify that. Pats maybe, because they win all the time. Packers are a small town success story with rabid but unpretentious fans and a team that doesn't dominate the national scene. I'd be surprised if there is widespread hate outside Minnie and Northern Illinois. Not enough people care about the division or the Packers.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
      I'd like to see something to verify that. Pats maybe, because they win all the time. Packers are a small town success story with rabid but unpretentious fans and a team that doesn't dominate the national scene. I'd be surprised if there is widespread hate outside Minnie and Northern Illinois. Not enough people care about the division or the Packers.
      Unpretentious? Ok, that made me laugh. That is flat out hysterical.

I mentioned elsewhere that my hatred of the fanbase is only matched by the respect for the franchise itself. The fans, for the most part? Go to hell.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

You get mostly editorial prices and listicles when you google it, but I did find this, which had the Packers as the least hated of a group of traditionally/recently successful teams.

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/p...onal_20516.pdf

Which is to say that Brent's regional hatred was showing pretty hard there. I'm sure he meant the nation closest to Lyndale Avenue.
        If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
          You get mostly editorial prices and listicles when you google it, but I did find this, which had the Packers as the least hated of a group of traditionally/recently successful teams.

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/p...onal_20516.pdf

Which is to say that Brent's regional hatred was showing pretty hard there. I'm sure he meant the nation closest to Lyndale Avenue.
          I've run across very few rational Pack fans (actually meeting up with one next week for the game, our very own LWB). You (EODS) and even burd....you guys are a'ight. But the majority? Cannot tolerate 'em. If you're on the Tweeter, then ScannerSquawk is proof of this. It's insane.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Unpretentious? Ok, that made me laugh. That is flat out hysterical.

I mentioned elsewhere that my hatred of the fanbase is only matched by the respect for the franchise itself. The fans, for the most part? Go to hell.
            Packer fans are all plaid. I don't see them as pretentious. And I'm a lifelong Vikes fan. I don't think Vikes fans are likely to be pretentious either.

Now Bay Area Niners fans in the 80s: they were pretentious, but that team's success went hand-in-hand with the whole California/silicon valley is the center of the universe thing.

Comment

Packer fans are all plaid. I don't see them as pretentious. And I'm a lifelong Vikes fan. I don't think Vikes fans are likely to be pretentious either.

Now Bay Area Niners fans in the 80s: they were pretentious, but that team's success went hand-in-hand with the whole California/silicon valley is the center of the universe thing.
              THE PACK IS THE BESTEST TEAM OF ALL TIME! WE RULE THE LAND! (just ask them).

Agreed on the Niner fans of the 80s, (and every other team that has had a nice dynasty going). However, IMO, the majority of Pack fans think their dynasty is 50+ years strong.

A fun little prank I do, is when a "life-long/die-hard" Pack fan gets uppity, I ask them about Lynn Dickey. If they ask "who?" I ridicule the hell out of them.

Comment

They're not pretentious, they're just insufferable clods.
                Code:
                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                Originally posted by SanTropez
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                Originally posted by Kepler
                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Everyone should be thankful the Packers saved America from a Cowboys-Pats Super Bowl. The hot takes would have set the entire city of Houston ablaze.
                  Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

I've run across very few rational Pack fans (actually meeting up with one next week for the game, our very own LWB). You (EODS) and even burd....you guys are a'ight. But the majority? Cannot tolerate 'em. If you're on the Tweeter, then ScannerSquawk is proof of this. It's insane.
                    Name a fan base of a good team that isn't full of awful fans? The Vikings fan base here in the twin cities is down right awful. Fan is short for fanatic and therefore they are what we expect. Just because you live in the market that produced Carl gerbschmidt doesn't mean we're all like him.
                    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                      Everyone should be thankful the Packers saved America from a Cowboys-Pats Super Bowl. The hot takes would have set the entire city of Houston ablaze.
                      No, I'm good.
                      Code:
                      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                      Originally posted by SanTropez
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                      Originally posted by Kepler
                      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                        They're not pretentious, they're just insufferable clods.
                        Getting warmer. I think most Pack fans would be flattered if you called them insufferable clods.

Beer belly, stubble, cap and Carhartt. My people.

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                          Name a fan base of a good team that isn't full of awful fans? The Vikings fan base here in the twin cities is down right awful. Fan is short for fanatic and therefore they are what we expect. Just because you live in the market that produced Carl gerbschmidt doesn't mean we're all like him.
                          Every fanbase has bad fans. That's a given. No argument there.

Packer fans take it to a whole 'nother level.

Comment

Every fanbase has bad fans. That's a given. No argument there.
                            About the only exception to that rule is Sioux/Hawks fans. Modest and kind to a fault.

Comment

About the only exception to that rule is Sioux/Hawks fans. Modest and kind to a fault.
                              Halos all around.

Comment

Working...
                              X