Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NFL 2016-17: Your Fantasy Team Will Suck This Year.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NFL 2016-17: Your Fantasy Team Will Suck This Year.

Question for you guys....do you think local newscasts that bill coverage of local teams who are in the playoffs as "Road to the Super Bowl" is presumptuous? A friend of mine who lives here but for reasons I can't understand is a huge Broncos fan tweeted out that only in Boston would the local news dare to call their coverage "Road to the Super Bowl." The Patriots, along with all the other playoff teams, are on the road to the Super Bowl. That's what the playoffs are. Doesn't mean they'll get there but they're on the road.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
      Question for you guys....do you think local newscasts that bill coverage of local teams who are in the playoffs as "Road to the Super Bowl" is presumptuous? A friend of mine who lives here but for reasons I can't understand is a huge Broncos fan tweeted out that only in Boston would the local news dare to call their coverage "Road to the Super Bowl." The Patriots, along with all the other playoff teams, are on the road to the Super Bowl. That's what the playoffs are. Doesn't mean they'll get there but they're on the road.
      Yes, it is very presumptuous. I don't think they go that far even in Green Bay, and that is saying something.

For all but 2 teams, it is just a slightly longer road to a golf course in south Florida.
      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Every market's stations use similar language in their coverage. Casting events in the most hopeful light will get the fans more energized and more likely to tune in than saying Well, how far will Team X make it before leaving their fans dejected and crying on YouTube because they failed to wear the correct sparkly Aaron Rodgers jersey.

(I'm pretty sure that last part is verbatim, though I won't put quotes around it I feel like I might have missed a sentence or two.)
        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
          MN Twins ownership was lobbying for the team to be contracted by MLB for a while, back when the Expos were also being considered for the chopping block. It was merely a ploy to get a new stadium out of the taxpayers, and it eventually worked with the Hennepin County Board.
          Didn't the Twins vote against their own contraction, and even then were only saved because the Metrodome forced them to finish their lease? I thought the vote was 28-2 with Montreal and Minnesota being the only ones to vote no.

Also, new Chargers logo. Why they needed a new one who knows.

https://twitter.com/lsthrasher04/status/819579794874630144
          Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
            Didn't the Twins vote against their own contraction, and even then were only saved because the Metrodome forced them to finish their lease? I thought the vote was 28-2 with Montreal and Minnesota being the only ones to vote no.

https://twitter.com/lsthrasher04/sta...79794874630144
            The St. Paul Pioneer Press makes it look like Pohlad was ready to take the $250MM buyout to close the Twins. Like you said, however, the Metrodome's commissioners file a lawsuit to force them to play out the remainder of their lease.

http://www.twincities.com/2014/07/10...rom-minnesota/
            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
              Sounds like the StubHub Center (30k) is the front runner for temporary home.
              Looks the Galaxy are going to get some nice upgrades at zero expense.
              U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
              Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
              I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
              But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
              Originally posted by Doyle Woody
              Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

So they paid some consultant a million bucks to photoshop the Tampa Lightning and add "LA."

I am in the wrong business.
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Rams new coach is Sean McVay. At 31, he will be the youngest head coach in the NFL.
                  Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                  "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                  Patreon for exclusive writing content
                  Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                    So they paid some consultant a million bucks to photoshop the Tampa Lightning and add "LA."

I am in the wrong business.
                    Pretty sure on a college hockey board we should go with Air Force, who has had that lightning bolt since well before the Lightning we a team.

Comment

From what I heard, MON and MN voted "no" to make themselves LOOK like they were against it, but they knew that they would be in the minority. Spin, spin, spin.....
                      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

I kinda think the local news here in Detroit used that kinda language for the Lions playoff run. so I wouldn't worry about it too much.
                        bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                          It's a foregone conclusion in boston, I think it's the ultimate jinx.even heard players talk the super bowl. Bad, very bad
                          I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Go Chajahs, to court.

http://www.voiceofsandiego.org/topic...m-the-dodgers/
                            A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
                              Pretty sure on a college hockey board we should go with Air Force, who has had that lightning bolt since well before the Lightning we a team.
                              I had to recheck the AF logo to know what you were talking about, so my remark stands.

(I remembered the dumb bird, though.)
                              Cornell University
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

In DC they talk about the exhibition schedule as the "road to the Super Bowl" and every RS win is the beginning of a streak that will take the Redskins to their anointed/entitled spot in the championship game.

Skins fans make Pats fans look knowledgeable and composed.
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X