Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Olympic Spoiler Thread - You've Been Warned.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JF_Gophers
    replied
    Re: Olympic Spoiler Thread - You've Been Warned.

Come on Fiji!

Leave a comment:

• jericho
    replied

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    Which is her plan, based on the interview I saw. "I'm taking tomorrow off, then I'm practicing for three days, and then I'm flying back and starting my sophomore year at West Virginia."

She's already smarter and more motivated than at least 80% of the WVU student population, and a little bit "nerd-cute" (copyright Kepler). If I were a few years younger, I'd say she's an 8.5 on the MTU curve (which, for the unfamiliar, means an automatic +2 on the classic 10 scale). But at 29, the 10-year difference makes me a bit of a creep.
    No it doesn't. She's legal, so it just means you're a typical guy.

Leave a comment:

• FadeToBlack&Gold
    replied

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
    Or, start classes at WVU next week. Probably better to celebrate in Morgantown anyways, no?
    Which is her plan, based on the interview I saw. "I'm taking tomorrow off, then I'm practicing for three days, and then I'm flying back and starting my sophomore year at West Virginia."

She's already smarter and more motivated than at least 80% of the WVU student population, and a little bit "nerd-cute" (copyright Kepler). If I were a few years younger, I'd say she's an 8.5 on the MTU curve (which, for the unfamiliar, means an automatic +2 on the classic 10 scale). But at 29, the 10-year difference makes me a bit of a creep.

EDIT: Forgot she is also competing in the small-bore (that's .22 cal, for those of you who aren't/weren't range rats or gun stiffs), so that explains her practice time. She will compete in that, and then return to Morgantown and start school again.
    Last edited by FadeToBlack&Gold; 08-07-2016, 01:16 AM.

Leave a comment:

• ticapnews
    replied
    Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
    Or, start classes at WVU next week. Probably better to celebrate in Morgantown anyways, no?
    Ewwwww.

Leave a comment:

• hockeyplayer1015
    replied
    Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
    Perfect setup for Ginny Thrasher. Register a huge upset for a gold medal on the morning of the first day and have two weeks on Copacabana to celebrate.

Leave a comment:

• ticapnews
    replied

Perfect setup for Ginny Thrasher. Register a huge upset for a gold medal on the morning of the first day and have two weeks on Copacabana to celebrate.

Leave a comment:

• FadeToBlack&Gold
    replied

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
    Also, beware clicking videos regarding Men's gymnastics. A French gymnast's leg went snap upon landing and the video is exactly what it sounds like
    I won't watch the video, but NBC guys were saying that while being carted out, he gave the crowd a fist-pump and they gave him a huge cheer.

Leave a comment:

• RaceBoarder
    replied

US Women about to close out France 1-0

Also, beware clicking videos regarding Men's gymnastics. A French gymnast's leg went snap upon landing and the video is exactly what it sounds like

Leave a comment:

• jericho
    replied

The US women move to 2-0 in their group with a 1-0 win over France.

Leave a comment:

• FlagDUDE08
    replied

In case anyone was wondering about "security" at these events... http://theweek.com/speedreads/641107...sing-gate-keys

Leave a comment:

• Russell Jaslow
    replied
    Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
    Mostly. I'm not sure if they had the pull to completely bungle the schedule to get those events live in EST. They did that in Beijing with Swimming and Western Europe wasn't thrilled with that. Not sure how that'll play out since 7pm EST puts it in the middle of the night in Western Europe. I can see Europe wanting medal rounds in early afternoon Brazil time. If that's the case, NBC will offer streaming but not say anything on TV till primetime.
    The Swimming athletes are already complaining that some of their finals are too late at night because of NBC's demands.

Leave a comment:

• Russell Jaslow
    replied
    Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
    Coverage will be on NBCSN and USA. In the past they have used MSNBC and Bravo among others to broadcast the Games but I haven't seen that they will this year. NBC/Universal has a sizable network presence. They are able to air all 10 games on the final day of the EPL simultaneously.
    They are using that at least definitely Bravo. Also, the Golf channel.

But like others have said, all sports are being streamed.

Leave a comment:

• ticapnews
    replied

Coverage will be on NBCSN and USA. In the past they have used MSNBC and Bravo among others to broadcast the Games but I haven't seen that they will this year. NBC/Universal has a sizable network presence. They are able to air all 10 games on the final day of the EPL simultaneously.

Leave a comment:

• SonofSouthie
    replied

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
    The women's soccer games were televised last night on NBCSC or whatever their all-sports cable channel is called.

They also had a commercial during the game stating that all Olympic games could be streamed live at www.nbcolympics.com. I haven't tested that yet.
    Looks pretty good to me.

http://stream.nbcolympics.com/mens-soccer-match-1

Leave a comment:

• FreshFish
    replied

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    Doesn't NBC only ever show swimming and gymnastics?
    The women's soccer games were televised last night on NBCSC or whatever their all-sports cable channel is called.

They also had a commercial during the game stating that all Olympic games could be streamed live at www.nbcolympics.com. I haven't tested that yet.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X