Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Olympic Spoiler Thread - You've Been Warned.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Olympic Spoiler Thread - You've Been Warned.

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
    AND 6th! That is a very big deal! Ward finished much stronger than I thought he would, too.

Galen held tough for such a long time, and looked good until they got off the track. Started to close in the last miles for Silver, too.

Tough, tough, tough race. That humidity was brutal.
    Admittedly a cherry-picked stat, but the US was the only country to place two of the top six.

Comment

Did I miss the women's marathon?

Comment

Originally posted by Stauber1 View Post
        I am currently in Belgrade - this city is PUMPED for the basketball final.
        Easily the 2nd biggest sport here after soccer. Their women's bball team is the only women's team in any sport to garner even the remotest of interest.

That being said, my friend that I am staying with figures he could loan 100,000 euros from shady sources to bet against Serbia, and make an easy 17,000 after paying the 1-day interest.

His wife doesn't seem to think that's a very good plan, though.
        With Durant and Carmelo as the US leaders, not sure I'd bet against Serbia
        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
          Last Saturday or Sunday. 90+ temps.

Originally posted by walrus View Post
          Especially when it was only a three point game the first time around.

Aussies went from most likely to take on the US to no medal after losing to Spain in the bronze medal game.
          Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
            Yea... last Sunday morning. Same course, brutally hot for them.

The US has 3 women contending for much of the race, until they pressed the go button- and the heat didn't leave them any remaining energy. Pretty much just like today for the win.

Comment

Anyone else catch that quarterfinal wrestling match? The Ukraine bit the US guy, and he twisted his ankle, and the corner stopped the bout when he was in trouble. Thankfully, the US wrestler won, after all of that garbage.

Comment

That was one strange marathon course. Lots of u-turns and 90 degree turns.

Comment

Claressa Shields of Flint wins back to back boxing golds. First boxer to ever win back to back. Oliver Kirk is the only other boxer to win two golds, but he won both at the same Olympics in 1904 in bantam and featherweight.

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

This is how you protest.

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

I know it's because Serbia is no pushover, but the men's basketball team does not look that good.

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
                        Durant is red hot. You'd be losing a lot of money...
                        Russell Jaslow
                        [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                        U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                          I know it's because Serbia is no pushover, but the men's basketball team does not look that good.
                          And yet they were up by 23 at the half.
                          U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                          Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                          I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                          But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                          Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Do the Serbians need to foul every breakaway when they're down 30+?
                            "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

I think every time Doug Collins shows up at the Olympics with NBC somebody from the IOC comes up and says "here to pick up your silver medal Mr. Collins?" He frowns, rolls his eyes and says "no." And as a price they have to play that clip every *ing time.
                              I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                              Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Rene Fasel? The President of the IIHF hands out medals in basketball?
                                I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Working...
                                X