Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Olympic Spoiler Thread - You've Been Warned.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Olympic Spoiler Thread - You've Been Warned.

Rose it is! Nice finish for golf.

Oh and the US Men squeak by France by 3 points and Coach K looked peeved as the final buzzer sounded...
    It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

• Originally posted by CLS View Post
      Anyone know the back story behind the Kenyan running woman running for Bahrain? Did Bahrain buy a medal?
      I looked this up. Her name is Eunice Kirwa, and according to Wikipedia, she switched countries in 2013 so she could continue to compete internationally. She became eligible to compete for Bahrain in 2014, and has been running for them ever since.

Does that answer your question?
      Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
      "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
      Patreon for exclusive writing content
      Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
        I looked this up. Her name is Eunice Kirwa, and according to Wikipedia, she switched countries in 2013 so she could continue to compete internationally. She became eligible to compete for Bahrain in 2014, and has been running for them ever since.

Bahrain just had a guy get disqualified for a false start in the 100m semis. He was also from Jamaica. Appears they put a large recruiting effort forward.
        Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
          Bahrain just had a guy get disqualified for a false start in the 100m semis. He was also from Jamaica. Appears they put a large recruiting effort forward.
          So, not a lot of homegrown talent in Bahrain?
          Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
          "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
          Patreon for exclusive writing content
          Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

They are all out bombing people.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

It's actually common practice to "buy" top athletes in that part of the world. Qatar does the same thing. They just throw money at the problem.
              It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Holy crap, can that guy run the last 50. After 50, I thought Gatlin was going to win.

Comment

Originally posted by CLS View Post
                  Holy crap, can that guy run the last 50. After 50, I thought Gatlin was going to win.
                  Yea, that Bolt guy is pretty fast.

Incredible how he can maintain that kind of speed for the second 50. Amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by CLS View Post
                    I mentioned on other social media:

This other guy is winn---nevermind. Bolt wins. Even when it's close, it's really not. It's sick.
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                      Yea, that Bolt guy is pretty fast.

Incredible how he can maintain that kind of speed for the second 50. Amazing.
                      Maintain? He's faster the second 50. Slow start tonight and he just blows the field away. He's not human.
                      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

It does, thank you.

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
                        It's actually common practice to "buy" top athletes in that part of the world. Qatar does the same thing. They just throw money at the problem.
                        And that was the reason for my question -- I assumed that's what happened. Can't fault an athlete for going somewhere that they'll get better facilities or better coaching. Bothers me a little if they go because they aren't good enough to make it in their home country (though I'll admit to being amused when some baseball teams -- I think it was the Greek team in the last Olympics -- was a bunch of guys from Des Moines and Peoria that had Greek grandparents). Bothers me if countries go out an recruit athletes in individual sports. And it will bother me a LOT when we start seeing the next logical step -- recruited players in team sports.

Comment

Good thing that Bolt grew up in Jamaica. He could have grown up in Louisiana, played football and caught like 2 passes a game at LSU.
                          "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                            Good thing that Bolt grew up in Jamaica. He could have grown up in Louisiana, played football and caught like 2 passes a game at LSU.
                            Who knows, it might have paid better.
                            Originally posted by dicaslover
                            Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
                            Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

BBC on the 400m. Michael Johnson doing colour

http://deadsp.in/B6NN1G8
                              CCT '77 & '78
                              4 kids
                              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Another pretty routine night for Walsh-Jennings/Ross in the sand.

Can't help but shake my head at the level KWJ plays at 38. Pretty incredible.

Comment

Working...
                                X