Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Olympic Spoiler Thread - You've Been Warned.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Olympic Spoiler Thread - You've Been Warned.

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
    Expected complaint from the usual suspects.

Because it would be the end of the world for Costas to spend 20 seconds mentioning a sport no one gives a crap about. It's exactly as expected from a multinational corporation trying to turn a profit.

Send your complaints to NBC and add your voice to the hundreds of thousands of others who don't like their coverage and are unhappy (enter name of fringe sport here) isn't being covered as much as they would like.
    Nah, I'll just not watch as much as I normally would. I have better things to do today. Going to go shooting skeet myself.
    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Bolt didn't even try. Halfhearted effort for the first 50 and coasted the last 50, still wins his heat.
      Last edited by Spartanforlife4; 08-13-2016, 11:02 AM.
      Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Beach Volley ball is on. Gotta love CBC!!
        bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
          Expected response from the usual suspects.
          Look in the mirror.

For the record I watched the last Olympics pretty religiously - taping a lot of the events shown on the other channels besides NBC main and remember seeing a lot of shooting events. A lot of them. I didn't say they shouldn't mention the accomplishment it nor that it would be a bad thing. My point is they are going to follow the ratings interests of the average viewer for better or worse.

Oh and per another poster they did talk about it so unbunch the panties.

Comment

No, it doesn't, but a medal in 6 straight is big enough accomplishment, regardless of event, to at least get some publicity. Its embarrassing that there hasn't even been a mention on any broadcast I saw.
            Pay attention, then. She was interviewed at length this morning. Mentioning that she has had a very difficult last 3 years, and still managed to still keep her head in the sport so that she could be here and medal, again.

On top of that, the men's skeet gold medal match was shown, too.

Stop pretending that there is some kind of agenda. Sailing is getting less air time than shooting. An old favorite- weightlifting- is almost done, and I've not seen any of it.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
              Pay attention, then. She was interviewed at length this morning. Mentioning that she has had a very difficult last 3 years, and still managed to still keep her head in the sport so that she could be here and medal, again.

On top of that, the men's skeet gold medal match was shown, too.

Stop pretending that there is some kind of agenda. Sailing is getting less air time than shooting. An old favorite- weightlifting- is almost done, and I've not seen any of it.
              I was posting about it last night, before she was interviewed THIS MORNING.
              Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Soccer drama: Hondoras acts like they have a dead player and somehow the time to deal with that never got added on to extra time. The Korean's were rightfully ****ed at that as they were trailing 1-0.
                It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

I was posting about it last night, before she was interviewed THIS MORNING.
                  You didn't stop whining about it this morning, nor did you post that it was shown. Weak. very weak.

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
                    Soccer drama: Hondoras acts like they have a dead player and somehow the time to deal with that never got added on to extra time. The Korean's were rightfully ****ed at that as they were trailing 1-0.
                    The guy did fall on the ball.... That would have hurt. And he stayed out.

Why the ref didn't add more than 40ish seconds is a mystery.

Comment

How is doing nothing but shooting targets even an Olympic sport? Make a summer version of the biathlon so there is at least some athleticism required.

Comment

That was a great 10,000m Mo Farah get's tripped up part way through the race, and he still goes on to win.

Comment

That was a great 10,000m Mo Farah get's tripped up part way through the race, and he still goes on to win.
                          Even with the fall, it seemed like he had to expend just 2% extra energy for his effort. He still went to the front and dared other runners to go out and beat him...
                          It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

That Italian guy pulled a Ledecky.

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
                              Even with the fall, it seemed like he had to expend just 2% extra energy for his effort. He still went to the front and dared other runners to go out and beat him...
                              On replays, it looked like he tripped himself up. And still won. Amazing finish to that race.
                              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

What an amazing kick at the end..wow!

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
                                And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
                                Twenty red lights in his honor
                                Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Working...
                                X