Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Olympic Spoiler Thread - You've Been Warned.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Olympic Spoiler Thread - You've Been Warned.

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
    That's new for this year. First time since 1984 actually. They actually revamped boxing, making it closer to "Pro" fights vs the convoluted scoring systems used in the last 3 Olympics. So far it's much better. No mystery to the scoring.
    Haven't been able to catch boxing yet, but wasn't the whole reason they changed to the scoring system to get it away from being a "pro" style judging after Roy Jones Jr in Seoul?
    Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Serena Williams lost. What is with Olympic tennis this year??.

Comment

Yawn. Another gold for M Phelps. 4x200 relay.
        Fighting Sioux Forever

Comment

Remember kids: be like Michael Phelps and smoke marijuana.

Feel bad for people who wanted to watch women's gymnastics and got yanked around by NBC, but what did you expect? This has been their modus operandi since Barcelona.

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
            He's 31 and its legal in 4 states. Meh.
            U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
            Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
            I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
            But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
            Originally posted by Doyle Woody
            Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by MadTownSioux View Post
              Yawn. Another gold for M Phelps. 4x200 relay.
              If you only counted his gold medals Phelps still has more medals than anyone else.
              U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
              Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
              I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
              But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
              Originally posted by Doyle Woody
              Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Feel bad for people who wanted to watch women's gymnastics and got yanked around by NBC, but what did you expect? This has been their modus operandi since Barcelona.
                And you too can have more gold medals than anyone in the history of the Olympics.

Which really does a good job implying that it's effects are pretty minimal.

Comment

It's **** near unwatchable. We don't start watching until 2 1/2 hours after the telecast has started. Fast-forward through the commercials and we still finish at the same time as the whole broadcast. Saves us a ton of time too.

On Monday night, we made the mistake of watching live. In a one-hour period, there was 37 minutes of commercials.

Comment

Originally posted by cF[Authentic] View Post
                    It's **** near unwatchable. We don't start watching until 2 1/2 hours after the telecast has started. Fast-forward through the commercials and we still finish at the same time as the whole broadcast. Saves us a ton of time too.

On Monday night, we made the mistake of watching live. In a one-hour period, there was 37 minutes of commercials.
                    The swimming was live, nothing else was. But I really wish they showed ANYTHING else between the races.

We are lucky, here, to have CBC, too.

(BTW, according to NPR's report this morning, there are fewer ads compared to 2012)

Comment

Use the app. I watch on my Roku and was able to follow the US gymnasts from event to event with no commentators, limited commercials and no tape-delay.

If you have a Chromecast you can stream from your phone, tablet or PC to your big screen.

You can also go back and watch routines/races/games as well.

Comment

I pity Coach K, Australia has all their bigs in foul trouble and the US dopes keep taking 3s. Carmelo Anthony might as well be 5 feet tall
                        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Kazakhstan wins a gold medal and Twitter explodes with pictures of Borat.

Comment

The United States was .89 seconds behind Australia after three legs of the women's 4x200m relay. The USA won by 1.84 seconds.

I'll give you three guesses who swam the final leg, but you'll only need one.

Comment

The United States was .89 seconds behind Australia after three legs of the women's 4x200m relay. The USA won by 1.84 seconds.

I'll give you three guesses who swam the final leg, but you'll only need one.
                              Michael Phelps?
                              If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
                                Michael Phelps?
                                Wrong gender.

Comment

Working...
                                X