Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Olympic Spoiler Thread - You've Been Warned.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Olympic Spoiler Thread - You've Been Warned.

Iraq takes Brazil to a draw.

Phelps and the 4x100 free relay team bring home gold.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post

And the cheating Russians didn't medal. Hooray.
      Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
      when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
      Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Michael Phelps now has more gold than Fort Knox.

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
          Did you watch it? The US cyclist had a 31 second lead with around 8km remaining, ended up finishing fourth because she just didn't have anything left in the tank for about the last 3km. So with about 400m left the pack of 3 that had been following her whizzed past her just then.
          yea, I saw it- it was really stunning as they had not shown her for a while as she gaped the US rider. Almost immediately as they showed her- it was over the handlebars, and into a slump on the side of the road.

THEN the chase you mention. That was exciting- just like many Tour races I've watched where the breakaway was caught- but more heart breaking, as it was fewer riders, and 250m (I thought) from the end. My wife kept telling me to stop talking to the TV- as I was egging her on from thousands of miles away.

It was almost an exact copy of the day before with the mens races- some compelling racing there!

Comment

Last night got me really wound up just as I went to bed. The 4x100 happened just as extra time was ending- I wish I had picture-in-picture to see both. So very exciting to watch!

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
              Michael Phelps now has more gold than Fort Knox.
              What Phelps did in that race was sick. Awesome. Loved watching it.
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

In the lower levels of baseball when a team leads by 10+ runs after the fifth inning the game is over and that team wins. In the past this was known as the Mercy Rule. I propose we call that a Ledecky from now on.

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                  In the lower levels of baseball when a team leads by 10+ runs after the fifth inning the game is over and that team wins. In the past this was known as the Mercy Rule. I propose we call that a Ledecky from now on.
                  They could've used a mercy rule in the US - Senegal women's basketball game. Ended 121 - 56. If the US had been shut out in the second half, they would have won by eight.

Geno must have felt right at home. Sounds like a score of a typical UConn game.

Comment

US women vs Netherlands in Volleyball, very entertaining
                    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

... and in Rio no less.

Is that the equivalent in hockey terms of Greece and Canada playing to a tie in Montreal?
                      The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                        ... and in Rio no less.

Is that the equivalent in hockey terms of Greece and Canada playing to a tie in Montreal?
                        Maybe Latvia tying Russia. In Moscow.

Comment

... and in Rio no less.

Probably more akin to Latvia or Germany taking Finland or the US. Iraq isn't particularly terrible, especially at the U23 level the Olympics are played at, and Brazil has been a mess the last 4 years or so.
                          U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                          Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                          I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                          But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                          Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

... and in Rio no less.

Not quite, but close. Iraq has made the World Cup a few times recently, and the men's tournament in the Olympics is a glorified youth tournament: teams are only allowed three over age players. So maybe more like Germany playing Canada to a tie in the world juniors.

Comment

Australia and New Zealand women's rugby 7's is not particularly bad to watch.

Comment

Australia and New Zealand women's rugby 7's is not particularly bad to watch.
                                You thinkin' 'bout jumpin' into that scrum?
                                The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Working...
                                X