Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Olympic Spoiler Thread - You've Been Warned.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Olympic Spoiler Thread - You've Been Warned.

Since NBC is doing their usual Tape Delayed Olympics shtick, I figured I'd get this rolling...

The US Women's soccer team open the games in just over an hour, so here we go!
    It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Re: Olympic Spoiler Thread - You've Been Warned.

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
    Since NBC is doing their usual Tape Delayed Olympics shtick, I figured I'd get this rolling...

The US Women's soccer team open the games in just over an hour, so here we go!
    Doesn't NBC only ever show swimming and gymnastics?

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
      Mostly. I'm not sure if they had the pull to completely bungle the schedule to get those events live in EST. They did that in Beijing with Swimming and Western Europe wasn't thrilled with that. Not sure how that'll play out since 7pm EST puts it in the middle of the night in Western Europe. I can see Europe wanting medal rounds in early afternoon Brazil time. If that's the case, NBC will offer streaming but not say anything on TV till primetime.

Comment

Favorite anthems to hear (besides ours) in no particular order:
        Australia
        New Zealand
        Russia
        Canada
        Germany
        South Africa
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids
        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

US Women win 2-0

Comment

If you have the ability to stream from Europe I highly recommend. Just make sure you have a good popup blocker.

For those who want less illicit sites I recommend the NBC Sports app. The Roku version I have lists 1155 programs in the "Live & Upcoming" section of the site with early action including table tennis, rowing, water polo and fencing. I also see lots of individual matches for soccer, basketball and both beach and indoor volleyball. I think that if you want to see events live you can. The primetime show on NBC will really be edited highlights and emotional human interest stories because that's what advertisers want. Sports fans can go online for actual competition.

Comment

US Women win 2-0
              go girls!
              Fighting Sioux Forever

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                The women's soccer games were televised last night on NBCSC or whatever their all-sports cable channel is called.

They also had a commercial during the game stating that all Olympic games could be streamed live at www.nbcolympics.com. I haven't tested that yet.
                "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
                  The women's soccer games were televised last night on NBCSC or whatever their all-sports cable channel is called.

They also had a commercial during the game stating that all Olympic games could be streamed live at www.nbcolympics.com. I haven't tested that yet.
                  Looks pretty good to me.

http://stream.nbcolympics.com/mens-soccer-match-1
                  A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Coverage will be on NBCSN and USA. In the past they have used MSNBC and Bravo among others to broadcast the Games but I haven't seen that they will this year. NBC/Universal has a sizable network presence. They are able to air all 10 games on the final day of the EPL simultaneously.

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                      Coverage will be on NBCSN and USA. In the past they have used MSNBC and Bravo among others to broadcast the Games but I haven't seen that they will this year. NBC/Universal has a sizable network presence. They are able to air all 10 games on the final day of the EPL simultaneously.
                      They are using that at least definitely Bravo. Also, the Golf channel.

But like others have said, all sports are being streamed.
                      Russell Jaslow
                      [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                      U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Mostly. I'm not sure if they had the pull to completely bungle the schedule to get those events live in EST. They did that in Beijing with Swimming and Western Europe wasn't thrilled with that. Not sure how that'll play out since 7pm EST puts it in the middle of the night in Western Europe. I can see Europe wanting medal rounds in early afternoon Brazil time. If that's the case, NBC will offer streaming but not say anything on TV till primetime.
                        The Swimming athletes are already complaining that some of their finals are too late at night because of NBC's demands.
                        Russell Jaslow
                        [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                        U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

In case anyone was wondering about "security" at these events... http://theweek.com/speedreads/641107...sing-gate-keys

Comment

The US women move to 2-0 in their group with a 1-0 win over France.
                            Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

US Women about to close out France 1-0

Also, beware clicking videos regarding Men's gymnastics. A French gymnast's leg went snap upon landing and the video is exactly what it sounds like

Comment

Working...
                              X