Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Olympic Spoiler Thread - You've Been Warned.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scarlet
    replied
    Re: Olympic Spoiler Thread - You've Been Warned.

I saw a clip on Facebook where Usain Bolt was being interviewed and stopped the interview because the US anthem was being played. that's pretty cool of him.

Leave a comment:

• Russell Jaslow
    replied

Originally posted by jericho View Post
    I do wonder sometimes how many athletes that win gold actually know the National Anthem of the country they represent.

Then there is the opposite side of that -- If the entire Russian team was banned, some of their athletes could have competed under the Olympic flag with a special appeal. However, the one Russian female gymnast who was allowed to compete said she would never have competed under the Olympic flag. She said she either was going to compete under the Russian flag or not at all. You have to respect that.

Leave a comment:

• ScoobyDoo
    replied

Originally posted by GrinCDXX View Post
    Ross played well.
    And her partner played like crap.

Leave a comment:

• FreshFish
    replied

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
    US Women's Basketball outscores Japan 54-18 in the second half to win 110-64. Game was within two at one point in the second half.
    Not only does the USA have the best players, they also have the best coaching staff. They are masters at making half-time adjustments. The two plays Japan had run successfully in the first half were totally shut down in the second half.

Leave a comment:

• GrinCDXX
    replied

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    I saw the last 4-5 points in the first set, all the second set. The score was not indicative of the play. US played well, but Brasil was on another planet.
    Ross played well.

Leave a comment:

• The Rube
    replied

Originally posted by GrinCDXX View Post
    Not sure about the second set, but the US wins that first set comfortably without all the errors from KWJ.
    I saw the last 4-5 points in the first set, all the second set. The score was not indicative of the play. US played well, but Brasil was on another planet.

Leave a comment:

• bigmrg74
    replied

I don't think it would have. There were times I thought "there's the point" and then boom, NOPE. ALL THE NOPES. Brasil was insane tonight.
    They were all over the court, like there was 3 or 4 of them.

Leave a comment:

• GrinCDXX
    replied

I don't think it would have. There were times I thought "there's the point" and then boom, NOPE. ALL THE NOPES. Brasil was insane tonight.
    Not sure about the second set, but the US wins that first set without all the errors from KWJ. The Brazilians were on a different level there at the end though.
    Last edited by GrinCDXX; 08-16-2016, 11:31 PM.

Leave a comment:

• The Rube
    replied

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
    Brasil also played lights out, but ya, not her best match by far. Not completely sure it would have made a difference.

Leave a comment:

• hockeyplayer1015
    replied
    Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    She played like crap the whole match.
    Brasil also played lights out, but ya, not her best match by far. Not completely sure it would have made a difference.

Leave a comment:

• ScoobyDoo
    replied
    KWJ is apparently human after all. Too many errors so far.
    She played like crap the whole match.

Leave a comment:

• The Rube
    replied

Brasil is on another friggin' level. See the last volley. Holy sh*.

Leave a comment:

• hockeyplayer1015
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Spartanforlife4
    replied

US Women's Basketball outscores Japan 54-18 in the second half to win 110-64. Game was within two at one point in the second half.

Leave a comment:

• hockeyplayer1015
    replied
    Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
    I saw KW-J and Ross playing in a tournament last summer, after KW-J had had surgery on her right shoulder. She was serving underhand, and using her left hand to spike, only using her right arm for blocking, passing or bump-setting. They still won.
    They've spoken about that stretch of her season quite a bit during games the past week or whatever we're up to now. Had to get 12 tournaments I believe, so she/they didn't have much choice without giving up Rio.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X