Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Campaign 2016 Part XVI: KICK THE BABY!

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
    I just listened to Trump try to explain his, "Clinton is a bigot" comment to Anderson Cooper. This man is an absolute embarrassment. I do not like Hillary Clinton. I really don't. But Trump is an abomination and an insult to a process that everyone in this country thought had already reached its lowest point in recent times. It is painful to watch this man speak and think people have absolutely sold their soul going to the mat for him. People have tried to explain his positives and how he resonates. I honestly cannot fathom the allure. You can tell me there are racists this, haters that, are there really that many racist imbeciles capable of identifying with this complete jackhole? I honestly don't know what to say, but in time someone is going to make a s**tload of money trying to explain it to the world. This has to, has to, has to be a secrt, "GOTCHA!". Otherwise I am completely at a loss.
    His responses to Anderson's inquiry about the matter of the 1973 DOJ charges of housing discrimination clearly demonstrate that Trump has his own reality and recalls events that are contrary to factual history. He insisted his company did nothing wrong and "wasn't fined", ignoring that Trump Realty had to report all its housing vacancies in New York to the Urban League for several years and had to stop all discriminatory practices. When he violated the agreement, the DOJ (the NIXON DOJ!!) hauled him into court again.
    The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
      In response, the Trump campaign put out a statement saying, in part "How can someone with so many unaddressed questions about her own truthiness serve the highest office in the land?"

You cannot make this stuff up.
      Stephen Colbert might have shed a tear of joy.

In all seriousness, the fact that Trump (and his supporters) can never address or even discredit any of the complaints lodged in that speech should tell you everything you've ever needed to know about him.
      If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Portman and Rubio are doing fine (up 7.5 and 5.0 respectively)
        "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
          Portman and Rubio are doing fine (up 7.5 and 5.0 respectively)
          Portman's doing fine. Rubio is in deep sh !t. Portman has enough goodwill built up to survive a Trump loss in his state provided he isn't blown out. Not to mention both he and his opponent are well known so that's a tougher race to move the dial. Rubio doesn't have any of that going for him and once the Dem primary is over next week left leaners will coalesce. His fate is tied to Trump's and I don't mean that in a good way.

Bottom line: Don't be like Scooby.
          Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
            A couple of thoughts:

1) Hillary nailed it with her speech. Thing is I doubt that's the last of it. Tying him directly to racists and fringe lunatics is smart politics especially when you use his own words against him. Its only August. I'm sure there's a lot more where that came from.

2) Nervous nellies are almost as bad as knuckledraggers. Not sure how you people live with yourselves. Barring a miracle the GOP has already lost the Senate as the IL, WI, PA and NH seats are a done deal since Trump is losing each state by double digits. Beyond that there's no chance Burr, Rubio, McCain, Portman and whoever is running vs Bayh in IN all win their elections. I'd say if Trump loses the election by as much as he's down now Goopers drop 7 seats at a minimum. Frankly Dem senate recruitment has been pretty darn good.
            Right now it looks good for the Senate control to switch hands. But just barely I think. McCain, Rubio and Portman are all going to win. Bayh is going to win Indiana almost as certainly as Trump will win the state's presidential poll, and there is a 50/50 chance John Gregg wins the governor's race, all proving once again, Indiana voters are truly an odd bunch. My guess is the Democratic party comes out of the election with 52 votes in the Senate.

Sadly, it won't matter. Without a filibuster proof majority in one chamber and at least a simple majority in the other, no far-reaching legislation with a real impact is likely to become reality in the next few years. Obama blew all his political capital in both houses of Congress on one major piece of legislation, and it took a filibuster proof majority in the Senate and what, a near 80 seat majority in the house. And it cost the Democratic party pretty steeply.

And I still maintain he shot his wad on the wrong piece of legislation.

Comment

You can tell me there are racists this, haters that, are there really that many racist imbeciles capable of identifying with this complete jackhole?
              Yes. Yes there are. The only reason the Trump campaign has gone this far, that so many have sold their souls, is that the uncomfortable truth is there are tens of millions of racist imbeciles in this country. For every misguided, ill-informed but non hating and at least semiopen minded person supporting Trump there are 9 very racist *******s supporting him as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                Portman's doing fine. Rubio is in deep sh !t. Portman has enough goodwill built up to survive a Trump loss in his state provided he isn't blown out. Not to mention both he and his opponent are well known so that's a tougher race to move the dial. Rubio doesn't have any of that going for him and once the Dem primary is over next week left leaners will coalesce. His fate is tied to Trump's and I don't mean that in a good way.

Bottom line: Don't be like Scooby.
                The polls at least seem to disagree completely with your take on Rubio. Some August polls show him up double digits over either of his potential rivals.
                Last edited by WeAreNDHockey; 08-25-2016, 10:20 PM.

Comment

And btw my comments were sincere but not intended to refer to anyone here that's not voting for Hillary. I don't see anyone here truly stepping up in favor of Trump. I'm more referring to national pundits, the people smiling ear to ear at his rallies, and most of the crew at FNC that wanted nothing to do with him 6 months ago.

Comment

Kaine on Colbert was awesome.
                    Cornell University
                    National Champion 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I think Trump should be given a little more respect than he is getting here. He is, after all, the best the GOP has to offer.

Comment

Trump did not actually say 'truthiness', did he?
                        Code:
                        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                        Originally posted by SanTropez
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                        Originally posted by Kepler
                        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
                          The polls at least seem to disagree completely with your take on Rubio. Some August polls show him up double digits over either of his potential rivals.
                          You'll have to show me those polls. I'm seeing him anywhere from 2 to 5 ahead of Murphy who most likely is the Dem nominee (Grayson is nuts). That's not good enough, especially with 1) the likelihood Trump loses the state, and 2) an expected consolidation of the Dems behind their nominee once the primary is over.

A guy like Portman who's been around a long time can win a race in a tough climate. I don't see any of those political skills in Little Marco Rubio. He won his seat during a wave election 6 years ago during the mid-terms. How is he going to explain in a debate rarely showing up for work during his first term or his disdain and then love for Trump? Rubio reminds me of Scott Brown, a guy who caught lightening for a little bit but then got exposed as a dumb ***.

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

Comment

And btw my comments were sincere but not intended to refer to anyone here that's not voting for Hillary. I don't see anyone here truly stepping up in favor of Trump. I'm more referring to national pundits, the people smiling ear to ear at his rallies, and most of the crew at FNC that wanted nothing to do with him 6 months ago.
                            Interesting that its taken the NY Post and Politico to break the story that Trump's new campaign manager is a wife beater:

http://nypost.com/2016/08/25/trump-c...ttacking-wife/

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/0...-report-227432

If this was the Clinton campaign manager it'd be the lead story in the NYT, the WashPo and CNN. Liberal bias my arse....

Comment

Give it time. Real news orgs have to verify things. NY Post's ethics department just has a big YOLO sign over the door when you walk in.
                              Code:
                              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                              Originally posted by SanTropez
                              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                              Originally posted by Kepler
                              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                                Give it time. Real news orgs have to verify things. NY Post's ethics department just has a big YOLO sign over the door when you walk in.
                                Police reports are pretty straight forward. The guy was arrested and the cops noted the woman's bruises and other injuries. Innocent until proven guilty and all that but I doubt the police were trying to frame him.

Comment

Working...
                                X