Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Campaign 2016 Part XVI: KICK THE BABY!

A guide to the softening of Trump's manhood.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      The predictions I have seen have varied been D52 and D50. They haven't blown it yet.

I think the House is a longshot, though, unless Trump really does cause a mass AWOL of R support in November.
      Last thing I read was that the Dems would have to go something like 46 for 46 in "competitive" or open seats to take the House.
      "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
        Last thing I read was that the Dems would have to go something like 46 for 46 in "competitive" or open seats to take the House.
        I don't think it is quite that bad, but it would have to be a wave.

Of course the way the House used to operate national waves would actually push all seats partly across the swing, which is how insane things like a 63-seat pick up with ZERO losses happened. But we may not live in that world anymore.
        Cornell University
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
          I don't think it is quite that bad, but it would have to be a wave.

Of course the way the House used to operate national waves would actually push all seats partly across the swing, which is how insane things like a 63-seat pick up with ZERO losses happened. But we may not live in that world anymore.
          That's the result of finer and finer voter and demographic detail has allowed with redistricting

Comment

Originally posted by Almington View Post
            That's the result of finer and finer voter and demographic detail has allowed with redistricting
            It's primarily the result of decades of having the Courts (under all presidents) hold to the doctrine that gerrymandering for partisan advantage is out of scope for the judiciary and thus Constitutional.

Thus the only relief can come from state legislatures getting right with God (which happens, but REALLY rarely) or Congress passing guidelines to limit the ways in which a state leg can rig its districts (which is probably a very serious Constitutional can of worms, and which by definition the sitting Members are disincentified to do because they -- both red and blue -- have personally benefited from the cheating).

The next wave of amendments must protect democratic representation. Formally state that gerrymandering, voter suppression, and the bribery of public officials via campaign contributions are all unconstitutional. Save the voter; save the world.
            Last edited by Kepler; 08-25-2016, 03:46 PM.
            Cornell University

Comment

Full text of Hillary's speech today

It's moving...

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                I still don't understand. They're the manufacturer. The distributions/discounting should be done at the government and insurance company level. Not at the pharma level. This system is completely wack.
                Me either. But a lot of health care related things are working that way, so it's pretty clear to me that there's not a proper mechanism in place to "drive down costs" as we were promised. If the exchanges were to be of help, 16 of the 23 that we spent a couple $billion setting up have gone under.

The other thing that's clear is in the example I gave of two couples making $40k and $64k that in my state, the second pays $2700 more in premiums. A gap that is going to continue to grow as premium costs rise faster than wages because the $40k earner's premiums are capped and the $64k earner's aren't. Plus, let's say this $600 drug is one that is needed bi-monthly. Lower income couple pays nothing more, (because pharma is giving it to them and jacking the cost to everyone else) but the other working class couple probably pays another $6K+ in out of pocket expenses, because what used to be $1000 max is now capped by law at $6500, so surprise! that's what it's gone to. So they're now paying $8,700 more in total (despite making about 15 bucks an hour, the proposed minimum wage) which is the same amount more that a couple making $200k has to pay, so it's not even a progressive tax. Plus it was sold to them as a $2500 reduction...

And yet people wonder why working class folks are angry.
                Originally posted by WiscTJK
                I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                Originally posted by Timothy A
                Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
                  In response, the Trump campaign put out a statement saying, in part "How can someone with so many unaddressed questions about her own truthiness serve the highest office in the land?"

You cannot make this stuff up.
                  Originally posted by dicaslover
                  Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
                  Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
                    Whoever wrote that gets an A+ and better get a hefty raise.

edit:

Twenty years ago, when Bob Dole accepted the Republican nomination, he pointed to the exits and told any racists in the Party to get out.

The week after 9/11, George W. Bush went to a mosque and declared for everyone to hear that Muslims “love America just as much as I do.”

In 2008, John McCain told his own supporters they were wrong about the man he was trying to defeat. Senator McCain made sure they knew – Barack Obama is an American citizen and “a decent person.”

We need that kind of leadership again.

Every day, more Americans are standing up and saying “enough is enough” – including a lot of Republicans. I’m honored to have their support.

And I promise you this: with your help, I will be a President for Democrats, Republicans, and Independents. For those who vote for me and those who don’t.

For all Americans.
                    That should be on an ad by tonight and running in every swing state. That needs to be her message for the rest of the campaign.
                    Last edited by Handyman; 08-25-2016, 07:27 PM.
                    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

That's a hell of a speech Clinton gave.
                      Code:
                      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                      Originally posted by SanTropez
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                      Originally posted by Kepler
                      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

I just listened to Trump try to explain his, "Clinton is a bigot" comment to Anderson Cooper. This man is an absolute embarrassment. I do not like Hillary Clinton. I really don't. But Trump is an abomination and an insult to a process that everyone in this country thought had already reached its lowest point in recent times. It is painful to watch this man speak and think people have absolutely sold their soul going to the mat for him. People have tried to explain his positives and how he resonates. I honestly cannot fathom the allure. You can tell me there are racists this, haters that, are there really that many racist imbeciles capable of identifying with this complete jackhole? I honestly don't know what to say, but in time someone is going to make a s**tload of money trying to explain it to the world. This has to, has to, has to be a secrt, "GOTCHA!". Otherwise I am completely at a loss.

Comment

Are we sure Aaron Sorkin isn't on the Clinton campaign payroll?

As I got near the end, all I could picture was two people off to the side of the stage listening: Rob Lowe fist pumping with a grin, and Richard Schiff sighing heavily, wiping his brow, and walking away.
                          “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by Almington View Post
                            Trump +3 in Maine was surprising to me.
                            Especially when you consider that a poll just days earlier -- conducted for the site that Trump just poached for his latest campaign chief -- had Clinton up by 10. Polls should not swing that much without there being an easily identifiable reasons, say Hillary admitting that she was pimping for the women Bill was getting with.

Comment

I had to look at it. According to 538 the poll ran for 3 weeks (7/29- 8/19) and had 210 responses. They already dinged it (It gets about as much weight as my cell service) despite having an A- rating.
                              "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

A couple of thoughts:

1) Hillary nailed it with her speech. Thing is I doubt that's the last of it. Tying him directly to racists and fringe lunatics is smart politics especially when you use his own words against him. Its only August. I'm sure there's a lot more where that came from.

2) Nervous nellies are almost as bad as knuckledraggers. Not sure how you people live with yourselves. Barring a miracle the GOP has already lost the Senate as the IL, WI, PA and NH seats are a done deal since Trump is losing each state by double digits. Beyond that there's no chance Burr, Rubio, McCain, Portman and whoever is running vs Bayh in IN all win their elections. I'd say if Trump loses the election by as much as he's down now Goopers drop 7 seats at a minimum. Frankly Dem senate recruitment has been pretty darn good.
                                Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Working...
                                X