Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Campaign 2016 Part XVI: KICK THE BABY!

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    I'll never get that 17:10 back.
    Well, you did have the power there.

I think that call demonstrated who both those guys are. Caputo (that's the same guy Trump's spokesperson mistakenly sent their memos to, right? Guy gets around.) is a career-builder who baited the hook and went looking for a reaction. Bongino is the high school wrestler who as an adult still views the world with the 16-year old BMOC's mentality. So, Caputo is Diet Olberman and Bongino is Diet Trump.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Overall, indeed, the candidates seem to have found new baselines with Hillary about 350 EV and +7.0 popular vote. The lasting effect of the conventions seems to be lifting her from a 75% chance of winning to an 85% chance.
      Typically polls stabilize post-convention. Going back 30+ years, the poll leader two weeks after the convention has never lost (sigh) the popular vote. It's not over, but the amount of ground that can be made up at this point is smaller than most realize.

I'm slower to accept the numbers in this case because I think there's a wider than usual discrepancy between that would choose Trump in a poll vs. people that would pull the lever for him in a private booth, but then again, maybe the same is true for Republicans and Hillary.

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
      Outside of talking about his ad...imigration never came up when Drumpf spoke here. He knows it is a political loser...
      I bet he was pretty quiet about Zika too.
      Originally posted by dicaslover
      Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
      Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

This is pretty funny!
        http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer...cheme-yet.html

Lesbian farmers infiltrating the plains, as told by Rush Limbaugh.
        Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Seeing that many seem to think Hill will be Bill III, I'd be interested to hear what your opinions are on the net effect of Bill's 8 years on matters of economy and foreign policy.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
            Seeing that many seem to think Hill will be Bill III, I'd be interested to hear what your opinions are on the net effect of Bill's 8 years on matters of economy and foreign policy.
            She won't be Bill III. That ship sailed. She'll be Obama III. And that's just fine with me.
            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

She'll be Obama III.
              To a large extent, yeah, I think that's right. Obama made some headway on social issues but has been bottled up on economic reforms either because the plutocracy is too strong or it has infiltrated both parties and there is no will to defeat it. I can imagine Hillary making progress on women's issues -- particularly on day care, women's health care, and recasting reproductive rights as equal protection. Can she do anything to stop the flow of all national wealth to the 1%? Only if the country forces her to.
              Cornell University
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                To a large extent, yeah, I think that's right. Obama made some headway on social issues but has been bottled up on economic reforms either because the plutocracy is too strong or it has infiltrated both parties and there is no will to defeat it. I can imagine Hillary making progress on women's issues -- particularly on day care, women's health care, and recasting reproductive rights as equal protection. Can she do anything to stop the flow of all national wealth to the 1%? Only if the country forces her to.
                Hillary is bought and paid for by Wall Street. That right there should tell you all you need to know. Sure, there will be some unsuccessful attempts to appear independent of the, half-hearted measures designed to try pulling the wool over the public's eyes. Other than that, there will be no serious attempts at economic reforms. She won't have the votes to change the tax code the way her ads depict.
                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                  Hillary is bought and paid for by Wall Street. That right there should tell you all you need to know. Sure, there will be some unsuccessful attempts to appear independent of the, half-hearted measures designed to try pulling the wool over the public's eyes. Other than that, there will be no serious attempts at economic reforms. She won't have the votes to change the tax code the way her ads depict.
                  One of the problems with the GOP's insanity is the Dems can get away with rolling over for Wall Street because we have nowhere else to turn. Imagine a genuine rogue Republican getting a hair up his bung and campaigning on every other piece of GOP garbage except ALSO to change the current tax brackets from 25/30/35 to 5/10/75. All of a sudden the Dems would have to up their game.

As it is, they can just take their bribes from Goldman and relax. In Trump's words, what have they got to lose?
                  Cornell University

Comment

She won't be Bill III. That ship sailed. She'll be Obama III. And that's just fine with me.
                    I'm not trying to appear obtuse, Scooby, but how do you mean "that ship sailed?" I know that Bill was pres two decades ago and that we are on the other side of 2008 and the Iraq War, but what else are you referring to?

Comment

• Originally posted by burd View Post
                      I'm not trying to appear obtuse, Scooby, but how do you mean "that ship sailed?" I know that Bill was pres two decades ago and that we are on the other side of 2008 and the Iraq War, but what else are you referring to?
                      It's a different planet entirely. Everything has changed.
                      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Another disappearance by Rover's target of salivation. http://bigbluevision.org/2016/08/22/...ignores-story/

Comment

It's a different planet entirely. Everything has changed.
                          What amount of time changes everything? 15 years? 12? Or were there certain changes between 2000 and today that changed the whole discussion?

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                            What amount of time changes everything? 15 years? 12? Or were there certain changes between 2000 and today that changed the whole discussion?
                            Money is much more mobile now than it was in 2001 when Clinton left office and the worldwide economy in 2016 really doesn't resemble 1992s at all. That's a huge difference between what Bill Clinton faced in the 90s and what a president will face on January 20th 2017.

Comment

• Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                              Another disappearance by Rover's target of salivation. http://bigbluevision.org/2016/08/22/...ignores-story/
                              We need to put Trump – Pence in the White House so that we have competent president and also they can investigate all of this murders and put in jail everyone who is ordering all of this mysterious killings.
                              Let me know when that site starts proofreading their stories. As it is, with word salad like the above, I can't even take them seriously as a righty source.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rover View Post
                                This is pretty funny!
                                http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer...cheme-yet.html

Lesbian farmers infiltrating the plains, as told by Rush Limbaugh.
                                It's always sad to watch an addict's slow death spiral.

Comment

Working...
                                X