Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Campaign 2016 Part XVI: KICK THE BABY!

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    No chance with a Holocaust denier on his staff

And In Other News...

When Reagans IRS chief is accusing you of hiding something, yo are not looking good
    Last edited by Handyman; 08-23-2016, 01:58 PM.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
      When Reagans IRS chief is accusing you of hiding something, yo are not looking good
      Presumably he doesn't want to release his tax returns because he's broke or close to it.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

While still winning the state currently, Trump is polling low enough to possibly put the state into play come November. He's winning by only 6-8%, which is the lowest margin in a very long time for any GOP candidate in that state. It's to the point that even Newsmax has chosen to discuss it.
        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
          While still winning the state currently, Trump is polling low enough to possibly put the state into play come November. He's winning by only 6-8%, which is the lowest margin in a very long time for any GOP candidate in that state. It's to the point that even Newsmax has chosen to discuss it.
          Well according to Drumpf math it is quite close
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
            This makes me curious about how each Echo Chamber source pushes for or against Trump. Obvs Breitbart is completely behind him, but how are the rest?

Breitbart (in the tank)
            Fox News (Murdoch tried to destroy him, then capitulated)
            WSJ (carrying water so far; Murdoch seems to be pussying out on this one to not lose eyeballs)
            National Review (hates Trump as a cancer on movement conservatism)
            Rush
            Weekly Standard
            Washington Times (content to repeat O'Keefe and Breitbart conspiracy stories)
            Town Hall
            Levin
            Drudge
            Red State
            Daily Caller
            American Spectator (I assume hates him -- intellectual paleocons only support dummies who do their bidding)
            Hannity (defends him, endorsed him)
            O'Reilly
            Freep (split right down the middle between Tea Baggers and Haters)
            Hot Air
            O'Keefe (brother con artist from another mother, loves him)
            Malkin
            PJ Media
            Sowell (probably too smart to fall for him)
            Krauthammer
            Coulter (supports him except when she can make a splash criticizing, but at heart a kindred grifter)
            Buchanan (I assume loves the man who finally made the American National Front popular)
            Kristol (hates him)
            Bolton (must love him; he's a fascist, too)
            D'Souza
            Last edited by Kepler; 08-23-2016, 02:28 PM.
            Cornell University
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

http://www.mediaite.com/online/oreil...&ICID=ref_fark

Then he talked to an unnamed farmer who promised he could grow all of the food he wanted with these magic beans, so that guy should be Secretary of Agriculture.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
              iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
              gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
              Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
              Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
              TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
              DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post

Then he talked to an unnamed farmer who promised he could grow all of the food he wanted with these magic beans, so that guy should be Secretary of Agriculture.
                There's a great Comment on that story:

Kabuki Theater on Fox!

O'Reilly Interrupts Trump...
                Trump Ignores Fake Rebuttal...
                O'Reilly doesn't care...

Next episode: Hannity attacks O'Reilly for interrupting Trump
                Cornell University

Comment

Today's polls collected by 538 were all good news for Hillary, but only one of them was high quality: MO (R +1.0) FL stabilizing at about D +5.0 is the best we could have hoped for.

Overall, indeed, the candidates seem to have found new baselines with Hillary about 350 EV and +7.0 popular vote. The lasting effect of the conventions seems to be lifting her from a 75% chance of winning to an 85% chance.
                  Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                    This makes me curious about how each Echo Chamber source pushes for or against Trump. Obvs Breitbart is completely behind him, but how are the rest?

Breitbart (in the tank)
                    Fox News (Murdoch tried to destroy him, then capitulated)
                    WSJ (carrying water so far; Murdoch seems to be pussying out on this one to not lose eyeballs)
                    National Review (hates Trump as a cancer on movement conservatism)
                    Rush
                    Weekly Standard
                    Washington Times (content to repeat O'Keefe and Breitbart conspiracy stories)
                    Town Hall
                    Levin
                    Drudge
                    Red State
                    Daily Caller
                    American Spectator (I assume hates him -- intellectual paleocons only support dummies who do their bidding)
                    Hannity (defends him, endorsed him)
                    O'Reilly
                    Freep (split right down the middle between Tea Baggers and Haters)
                    Hot Air
                    O'Keefe (brother con artist from another mother, loves him)
                    Malkin
                    PJ Media
                    Sowell (probably too smart to fall for him)
                    Krauthammer
                    Coulter (supports him except when she can make a splash criticizing, but at heart a kindred grifter)
                    Buchanan (I assume loves the man who finally made the American National Front popular)
                    Kristol (hates him)
                    Bolton (must love him; he's a fascist, too)
                    D'Souza
                    I believe Krauthammer dislikes Drumpf...
                    -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                      I wonder if it has to do with the unique nature of the product. It's really a combination of a drug product and a mechanical delivery device.

I know there are certain rules regarding drug patents, but I don't know/recall specifically what they are. Basically I think the original developer of a drug gets free reign for a short period of time to be the exclusive manufacturer of the product. Then, after a couple of years, generics can be made and sold which usually results in a pretty steep discount. I think the idea behind the short, exclusive period is to give the manufacturer some financial incentive to actually spend money to develop a new drug.

I suspect the drug in these pens is probably long past that initial period and there are lots of generics around. But I wonder about the injection device itself. What I'm wondering is whether a medical injection device like this one is under similar rules where the patent is only exclusive to the manufacturer for a short period before it's opened up to knock offs, or is it more like a regular patent. I don't have any idea, but I wonder if this manufacturer has basically limited competition by procuring all patent or licensing rights for the mechanical device itself. Otherwise I don't understand why there aren't a hundred generic knock offs of the product around.

The drug, epinephrine, is cheap and readily available. For $20 you can get a couple vials of the stuff and fill several syringes with pre-measured doses. I don't think the DIY syringes are as shelf stable as the EpiPen though. The delivery mechanism of the EpiPen is what is patented. There are other auto delivery devices, but they are not considered therapeutically equivalent so they can't be substituted for an EpiPen Rx. Just about everyone that works in a school, camp, or has any kind of first aid training knows how to use an EpiPen. The other epinephrine devices would require retraining, but I think the insurance companies are going to push it. At least one manufacturer of an alternative, a device called Adrenaclick, authorized a generic with the same delivery mechanism. There are thousands of times more EpiPen Rx written each year than for Adrenaclick. The EpiPen is slick and super easy to use. Everyone is used to it and wants to keep using it. So they jack up the price.
                      Last edited by BassAle; 08-23-2016, 03:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post

I couldn't help but click on the sidebar article detailing a Florida GOP congressional candidate going on a profanity laced tirade on a call with a reporter. I would recommend everyone do themselves a favor: make some popcorn, and listen to the entire call.

Comment

Are you really surprised?
                          "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                            I believe Krauthammer dislikes Drumpf...
                            Also Drudge and Bolton are on board with Trump I believe. Lowry can't stand him. Rush is a fan IIRC.
                            Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by GrinCDXX View Post
                              I couldn't help but click on the sidebar article detailing a Florida GOP congressional candidate going on a profanity laced tirade on a call with a reporter. I would recommend everyone do themselves a favor: make some popcorn, and listen to the entire call.
                              I'll never get that 17:10 back.
                              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                                Also Drudge and Bolton are on board with Trump I believe. Lowry can't stand him. Rush is a fan IIRC.
                                Is that Rich Lowry of NR? I think everybody on the NR masthead hates Trump because he demonstrated that the people who voted R for the last 25 years were responding to racist dog whistles and didn't care about small government and other tenets of conservative ideology, and they were honestly surprised and hurt by that.
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X