Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Campaign 2016 Part XVI: KICK THE BABY!

Nice work, Handy. Very informative and insightful.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
      I have been a bartender at the Minneapolis Convention Center for almost a decade and am one of the few trustworthy ones. I could post it on FB without getting in trouble but I dont want to for a variety of reasons.
      I think what I'm going to do is show this to one close friend when we have dinner on Wednesday. She just shared a post on FB about Trump visiting Louisiana and said "I just want everyone to see both sides!!" As if there was no coverage of him going there. She never posts when he does something idiotic and say something like "I Hate when he says stuff like that" etc. I'm going to give her my phone and make her read your entire recap.

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
        So the night begins with me sitting alone in the VIP room...
        This is... I don't even have the words. If only I knew all the words.
        If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
          Kep, you're moving to fuking Arizona? Are you insane? All there is there are meth heads and old people. I'd rather move to hell. You must like being bored more than I even though you did.
          I like being bored.

Southern Arizona is flat scrub. Northern Arizona is mountainous green. There are a lot of old people because it's a great state for retirement. There are a lot of meth heads everywhere.

But overwhelming everything, this is a family move. My daughter is getting her teaching certificate in Scottsdale. My in-laws live there and remarkably my in-laws are nice, funny, good people. Dr. Mrs. is from Flagstaff and many of her friends still live in N. AZ, and they're great people too. In fact, I have felt comfortable with people in the SW, and that is not automatic for me.
          Last edited by Kepler; 08-21-2016, 10:57 AM.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
            I have been a bartender at the Minneapolis Convention Center for almost a decade and am one of the few trustworthy ones. I could post it on FB without getting in trouble but I dont want to for a variety of reasons.
            You realize, don't you, that with USCHO Cafe being used by so many as a primary news source, the media is bound to get wind of this story and you'll find them camped on your front lawn some morning?

BTW, what do Trump bunnies drink?

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
              Looks like Chablis.
              Cornell University
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                This place is so good.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                  That is by far the best response to that question

Well the older folks either had Diet Pepsi or wine...one dude drank Absolute Tonic. The VIPs were reserved...

The non-VIP crowd drank everything to numb the pain

Scooby,

When Drumpf brought up Bernie Sanders would be picking the SC judges (still not sure who told him to say that) I for some reason thought of you. That is just the type of crackpot theory that would work on the people you fear the most. (Reality TV Voters) Problem is rich folks have gone to college they know he is full of it
                  "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                  -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                  -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                  -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by burd View Post
                    You realize, don't you, that with USCHO Cafe being used by so many as a primary news source, the media is bound to get wind of this story and you'll find them camped on your front lawn some morning?

Maybe post it "anonymously" on imgur or something?
                    If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                      Just briefly on this and leaving FB out as I know little about them and am a bit skeptical, but if Ford and GM had to liquidate today I believe Google has enough just in cash on hand to buy them both out. Plus Google has no debt. Don't quote me but I think Ford probably has somewhere around $200b in assets and maybe $160-170b in debt. GM is pretty similarly situated. Google's most recent profits are around 9x GM and around 3x Ford, but one key is that Google is growing profits and revenues at 15-20% while Ford and GM profits are flat or even negative. If this continues, (which there's very good reason to believe it will, as Google is only beginning to monetize and is also investing heavily in new tech) in just a few years Google profits will be 7-8x the combined profits of Ford and GM. I know it seems weird as Ford and GM have so much Stuff, but the fact is, like my house, it's heavily mortgaged, Plus they're spending $140b to make 2-5% if they're lucky, and Google is returning $20b on $50b invested or near 40%.
                      How many cars do ford and GM have to move to just cover their pension cost? Pay that health plan for their retirees?
                      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                        How many cars do ford and GM have to move to just cover their pension cost? Pay that health plan for their retirees?
                        They have only themselves to blame. They took all that value from the 1920s through the 1960s -- fifty years of broken field running -- and squandered it while everybody else invested to the gills in tech and drank their milkshake. Now winter's here and the grasshopper is SOL.

No sympathy. The only bad thing is the swine who made those choices retired filthy rich and their do-nothing Trumpish progeny cashed out and will live high on the hog for generations until fiscal Darwinism puts them in the trailer park they are destined for. The people who suffer will, as always, be the workers who are laid off and eventually stiffed of their pensions, their families, and all the supporting community who go ti-ts up.
                        Last edited by Kepler; 08-21-2016, 06:06 PM.
                        Cornell University

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                          They have only themselves to blame. They took all that value from the 1920s through the 1960s -- fifty years of broken field running -- and squandered it while everybody else invested to the gills in tech and drank their milkshake. Now winter's here and the grasshopper is SOL.

No sympathy. The only bad thing is the swine who made those choices retired filthy rich and their do-nothing Trumpish progeny cashed out and will live high on the hog for generations until fiscal Darwinism puts them in the trailer park they are destined for. The people who suffer will, as always, be the workers who are laid off and eventually stiffed of their pensions, their families, and all the supporting community who go ti-ts up.
                          Ah Capitalism...
                          U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                          Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                          I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                          But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                          Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Apparently people may have begun to lose interest in poll after poll showing Clinton leading (and many showing her extending the lead) so someone commissioned a poll that could finally show Trump making up some ground in a battleground state. Something called the "Center For Excellence In Project Execution" has decided to enter the political polling field and their latest poll shows Trump surging to a 5 point lead in the KKK, er uh I mean Keystone State.

If this poll seems like an outlier, it's because it is. Of the 10 polls listed on 538.com for Pennsylvania, 9 show Clinton with a lead and all of those show her up by at least 5 points. In fact the adjusted average of the 10 polls show her up in the state by 8 points and the one that has her trailing (by 1% point) was completed in early July before either convention. This latest poll from CEPEX is such a transparent joke I think those reporting its results without stating clearly how suspect its methodology is lack any journalistic integrity. The poll was conducted strictly over landline phones, over the course of just one day, and it was a robo-call where the caller was invited to "press '1' for Donald Trump, press '2' for Hillary Clinton, press '3' for neither." One day? Only landlines? First choice for all respondents was Trump?

I am not usually the first in line at the tinfoil store when it comes to whispering about the mainstream media, but this poll makes it obvious that -- at least to a certain extent -- the media will feed things out there to hook viewers, readers or listeners and reel them in. There is accurate information out there and people reporting in an ethical manner, but I guess you have to be diligent and remember to look at stuff very closely. My guess though is a poll like this would never have made it to the national news or been picked up by the AP or UPI in the 1970s.

Comment

Its worse than that. Pew Research, allegedly one of the "better" pollsters, came out with a survey showing Clinton up by only 4 points. Seemed a bit fishy to me, so I took a glance at the crosstabs. Not surprisingly they overweighted white voters and I'll bet non college educated ones at that to arrive at a closer race.

Look, if Trump not only halts minorities making up an extra 2% of the voting pool as they have been doing for the last 30 years but also reverses it so that whites are a greater share of the voters than they were 4 years ago, yes we'll have a closer than expected race. Lets just say the chances of that happening are somewhere between slim and none.

But to your larger point, pollsters and the mainstream media will not allow an out of margin of error race. It kills their business, so why would they do that?
                              Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                                Its worse than that. Pew Research, allegedly one of the "better" pollsters, came out with a survey showing Clinton up by only 4 points. Seemed a bit fishy to me, so I took a glance at the crosstabs. Not surprisingly they overweighted white voters and I'll bet non college educated ones at that to arrive at a closer race.

Look, if Trump not only halts minorities making up an extra 2% of the voting pool as they have been doing for the last 30 years but also reverses it so that whites are a greater share of the voters than they were 4 years ago, yes we'll have a closer than expected race. Lets just say the chances of that happening are somewhere between slim and none.

But to your larger point, pollsters and the mainstream media will not allow an out of margin of error race. It kills their business, so why would they do that?
                                This is the problem with media. They abandoned journalism long ago for ratings. It's sick and sad and terrible. Right-leaning, left-leaning, whatever. Doesn't matter. No one really reports the NEWS anymore. They are verbal and visual click-bait. It sucks.
                                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Working...
                                X