Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Campaign 2016 Part XVI: KICK THE BABY!

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
    Are you sure? The only thing I found on it is that he said he has no recollection of the conversation.
    It doesn't matter even if Powell personally set up her private account. Powell was in until 2005, and even then he said he used private email for stuff but used his .gov for all classified communication. Mrs. Clinton never used the .gov for anything at all beyond, I believe, her staff maintaining some sort of calendar on the gov system.

Not surprisingly, by 2010 the rules were completely different. Regardless if Mrs. Clinton claims she knew them or not, she did sign off on them and personally attend mandatory security meetings on the subject. We know she at least had access to several warnings issued by security about officials not using private email because, somewhat ironically, she received them in her private email.

This Powell business is a bit like A-rod claiming he used steroids in 2010 because Jose Conseco told him they weren't against the rules when he played. She has said herself countless times it was a mistake. Ok, fine. This maybe a reasonably good political ruse to try to mitigate damage, but it cannot amount to anything more than that.
    Originally posted by WiscTJK
    I'm with Wisko and Tim.
    Originally posted by Timothy A
    Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

It wouldn't be if the Drumpfers didn't want her in jail for it. If they are going to pretend it is high treason she has a right to explain herself.

The whole thing is vastly overblown.
      Last edited by Handyman; 08-20-2016, 01:30 PM.
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

So one of Drumpfs new foreign policy advisors Joseph Schmitt is a Holocaust denier who when he worked at The Defense Department bragged about his he did lots of Jews.

And while I can't link the article from my phone here is a quote from a complaint against him. "the ovens were too small to kill 6 million Jews". Drumpf is the gift that keeps on giving!

Edit: http://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/politics-government/election/article96421087.html
        Last edited by Handyman; 08-20-2016, 01:32 PM.
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
          It doesn't matter even if Powell personally set up her private account. Powell was in until 2005, and even then he said he used private email for stuff but used his .gov for all classified communication. Mrs. Clinton never used the .gov for anything at all beyond, I believe, her staff maintaining some sort of calendar on the gov system.

Not surprisingly, by 2010 the rules were completely different. Regardless if Mrs. Clinton claims she knew them or not, she did sign off on them and personally attend mandatory security meetings on the subject. We know she at least had access to several warnings issued by security about officials not using private email because, somewhat ironically, she received them in her private email.

This Powell business is a bit like A-rod claiming he used steroids in 2010 because Jose Conseco told him they weren't against the rules when he played. She has said herself countless times it was a mistake. Ok, fine. This maybe a reasonably good political ruse to try to mitigate damage, but it cannot amount to anything more than that.
          Why do these things matter at this point? Compared to Trump's shocking ignorance of constitutional law and global politics, intemperate behavior and, it appears, ongoing fraudulent misrepresentation, the only reason to focus on the email fuss is if you vote in a state where Trump cannot win and you are considering a "principle" vote.

This discussion is certainly not about the larger security issue, because the questions are not about the correct policy but whether HRC acted improperly.

Comment

Handy that was spectacular. Great summary
            tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

That was brilliantly written. If you could get it in print without getting fired, you should do it -- it might lead to other gigs (and then you could hire me!).

Seriously, well done.
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Appreciate the kind words, but I owe it all to your friend and mine, a gift so great it is non stop winning DONALD DRUMPF!!

Speaking of The Donald: The Man Creates Debt Better Than Any One In The History of the World ITS AMAZING!!
                -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                  That was brilliantly written. If you could get it in print without getting fired, you should do it -- it might lead to other gigs (and then you could hire me!).

Seriously, well done.
                  Always with the ulterior motives, this one... Have you no shame, man?
                  Welcome back to the thread. You didn't miss much. Trump has made no outrageous statements in days! Well, not really, just didn't want you to feel like you missed anything worthwhile! Lol.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
                    Always with the ulterior motives, this one... Have you no shame, man?
                    Welcome back to the thread. You didn't miss much. Trump has made no outrageous statements in days! Well, not really, just didn't want you to feel like you missed anything worthwhile! Lol.
                    We were out in AZ scouting retirement towns. Every night we'd grab a drink, turn on the news, and see the Trump Atrocity of the Day (and get the losing Mets score). We were never disappointed.

Also, I have the following anecdotal report on the current political situation in the eventually to be my home Grand Canyon State. With no XM, and having enough aesthetic sense to loathe C&W music, and with every town 100 miles from the next, we listened to a lot of Hate Radio in transit. We heard tons of criticism of Obama and Hillary and "The Media" but we heard zero, and I mean zero, support for Trump. We heard theories that Trump is a Trojan Horse liberal, and/or a Putin dupe or just plain a bold-faced Benedict Arnold cutting deals with Putin. All of this was of course Obama's fault because reasons but at the end of the day it was Trump is a knave or a naif.

And nobody thinks he can win.

Oh, and also: McCain is in some serious sh-t. He can pull it out yet but his opponent (Ann Kirkpatrick) is well-known and well-liked, and the consensus among Dr. Mrs.' rock-ribbed conservative family branch is "he used to be a good man, but the nomination changed him, and he's just... too... old."
                    Last edited by Kepler; 08-20-2016, 09:45 PM.
                    Cornell University
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Ruh roh.

"By the way, we’re lowering Kansas and South Carolina from Safe Republican to Likely Republican after recent closer-than-expected surveys surfaced," authors and political scientists Larry Sabato, Kyle Kondik and Geoffrey Skelley wrote.

The changes reflect just how dire the situation has become for Trump. While Sabato is still confident Kansas and South Carolina will vote for Trump, the vote totals there could be smaller than in past campaigns.

"We certainly don’t expect either Kansas or South Carolina to vote Democratic. Still, we have noticed that many deep red states may be preparing to produce lower-than-usual pluralities for Trump.
                      Cornell University

Comment

Trump has a decent shot at coming in third among voters under 30. If he really sprints to the finish he could finish fourth.
                        Cornell University

Comment

Well done Handy. I take back some of the things I said about you.

Kep, you're moving to fuking Arizona? Are you insane? All there is there are meth heads and old people. I'd rather move to hell. You must like being bored more than I even though you did.
                          Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

I think he's planning on being one of the old people there based on the "looking at retirement" etc.
                            "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Handy, that was great. How did you get that gig? Man, if I could share that on FB I would, but I wouldn't want to get you in any trouble.

Comment

I have been a bartender at the Minneapolis Convention Center for almost a decade and am one of the few trustworthy ones. I could post it on FB without getting in trouble but I dont want to for a variety of reasons.
                                -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X