Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Campaign 2016 Part XVI: KICK THE BABY!

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
    That so much can change in a week means that Hillary could implode at any moment as well.

Listen, Hillary may be competent enough for office in ways Trump never will be, so it would probably require her to get arrested before she tanks as badly as Trump has this week. But let's not take for granted that she's always going to have much else going for her. The DNC stuff and the e-mail scandal aren't nearly the big deals they're made out to be by the knuckledragging echo chamber, but it only takes one or two new discoveries for that not to be true anymore. In other words: she's maybe one or two closeted skeletons away from being on Nixon levels of impropriety.

IF something were to come to light, Trump might be able to recover enough to make a run of this. It's a big if, but I won't dismiss it until we get closer to November.
    I remember when CNN announced Florida for the Democratic...then I knew Gore won.

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    Minnesota speaks.

It's going to be hard to argue the GOP is the party of white middle America if white middle America splits.
    Had to know that would get a few reads.

Trump came in third in Minnesota so you knew he'd not a get a sniff going forward. But I think Weber could be on to something there. Trump may be assuming he's going to lose (or really deep down didn't want the job to begin with) and as Weber says 'if he does lose, and he decides to blame the Republican establishment for doing the “rigging,” Trump’s large, loyal, angry following is very likely to blame the Republicans.' It might be a serious set up to A) get Trump out B) hammer the GOP.

As this CNN article mentions, conservative outsider Kansas Rep. Tim Huelskamp just lost and is blaming establishment GOP. Why not Trump?

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/08/04/po...gop-civil-war/
    Last edited by 5mn_Major; 08-05-2016, 06:12 PM.
    Go Gophers!

Comment

Nobody really gives a rat's arse about the labor force participation rate unless you're 1) an economist, or 2) a member of the party out of power trying to dampen a good jobs report.

The two largest generations out there are either retiring (Boomers) or in school (Millennials). Small wonder then the participation rate is at 30+ year lows...
      Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Millenials are over 10 years out of college by the oldest estimates of the transition from Gen X

So, I would say most of them are not in college.
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

538 now has polls plus / polls only / now as 75/82/92.

Mainers will appreciate this.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Trump is endorsing Kelly Ayotte, McCain, and Ryan right now.
            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
              Somebody cut a deal...
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                On a Friday night?
                Cornell University
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                  Millenials are over 10 years out of college by the oldest estimates of the transition from Gen X

So, I would say most of them are not in college.
                  The youngest millennials are just turning 16 and can't even vote.

Comment

I'm not sure I see your point. Aren't people that young not considered part of the labor force?
                    Code:
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                      On a Friday night?
                      Yeah that way come Monday people will forget he sold out. He is flipping broke and my guess is the Leadership told him to play nice or they will make sure the donors stay away.
                      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                        I'm not sure I see your point. Aren't people that young not considered part of the labor force?
                        I was thinking the aging people also age out of the denominator.
                        Cornell University

Comment

Plus, Millenials are considered by some to have started around 1982. I don't know if we've started to transition to a new generation yet. We probably won't know for another 10-15 years. Maybe less I suppose.

So where I was going with that was we have 14 years of Millenials out in the labor force and only four years of them in college and who knows how many younger will be considered part of this named generation. Are those born in 2006 really Millenials by the original definition of a millenial? Those who came of age during the transition from the the 1900s to the 2000s.

Edit: wait, crap. Did I do that math right?
                          Code:

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                            Yeah that way come Monday people will forget he sold out. He is flipping broke and my guess is the Leadership told him to play nice or they will make sure the donors stay away.
                            If I were a betting man, I'd say this is probably correct. It's also why we're not seeing his tax returns or other financial specifics - too many shady & complex debt-structuring deals that will easily make him out to be the crook instead of Shrill.

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                              The traditional labor force figures participation rates use values that begin at 16yo through to the age of full Social Security Retirement benefits age.

I've not checked recently, but about a year to 18 months ago the high school kids were killing the labor force participation rate because the unemployment rate was so high for that group. So we had low participation rates mixed with high unemployment rates, making for a very uninspired group of kids. It even stretched into early college-aged people, too.
                              "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                                July jobs: +255,000.
                                However, 94,333,000 are not in the labor force. (That's a near record number.)
                                The labor force participation rate has averaged 63% from 1950 until 2016. Do you want to guess the current rate? 62.8%. Did you intentionally leave that part of it out?

Comment

Working...
                                X